Checking in daily to maintain focus #28

Happy soberversity, Harold :sun_with_face::upside_down_face::tada::bouquet::birthday:

@Mno, @SassyRocks, @Fargesia_murielae @MagicMama… Thank you guys!!

3 Likes

Congrats, Harold! Awesome job~!

Well done, @Harold and @Nordique!!!

1 Like

@manishc Please consult with a doctor as tapering off meds is important. Also know that meds for some people are like insulin for a diabetic and there’s no shame in that.
@Clarity Oh Sarah I can’t tell you how happy I am that your test was negative.
@CATMANCAM I’m getting even more excited for your move. You & I have both appeared to struggle a bit on the job front. Accepting that this time of “nothing” is necessary and where I’m supposed to be has helped my outlook and I hope it can help yours.
@Piglet Congratulations on 300 days Graham. It’s awesome seeing you at this point. Having you & your support during this journey is priceless and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
@Complicatedmama Love and healing vibes sent your way.
@Olivia HUGS sis. Know I’m here for you.
@Mno OMG. . .can I be the one who tests the rides???
@Harold Congratulations on 365 days of ODAAT
@Nordique WHOOP WHOOP. . .300 days is awesome and I’m proud of you.

298 days. Thinking I’m not going to get a proper night’s sleep until my man and the girls are home. Thankfully they are heading home today. The last couple of days have really tested me but I’m proud of how I’ve handled things and so far have no regrets. At some points I feel like a ticking time bomb ready to go off but I can only take so much and be pushed so far. Being a bitch and sticking up for myself feels so good.

20 Likes

Checking in.

Had some fantastic news yesterday about a friend who has been having a really terrible time of it. Got to meet up with her for the first time since August to celebrate. My partner bought champagne and I had a very quick moment of jealousy/ craving/ what if as we popped the cork. But as I poured myself my sparkling water I thought about how amazing it would be that I would be present and able to remember the time with one of my best friends. We all ended up staying up until 3am dancing, laughing and just having an amazing time. Much needed for all of us!

While they’ve been having a little snooze with last night catching up on them, I’ve managed to have a quick tidy round, a game with the puppy and a look at the Radical Compassion challenge which starts later this month.

So grateful to be sober and appreciate these things. Life is just better this way! :pray: :sparkling_heart:

25 Likes

I totally agree, Peace. I have my therapist to talk to. She is a professional.

1 Like

Congrats on your year! Brilliant!

Beautiful number! Nice work!

1 Like

Day 97, checking on. Since this isn’t officially a selfie I will post this here. Today, this picture sums me up perfectly.

21 Likes

Big day! Scheduled to get the first COVID vaccine today too.

26 Likes

Hey you. You changed your name right? :grin:

1 Like

Congratulations :tada::confetti_ball:

1 Like

Day 302 clean and sober today, happy Saturday everyone!!! I received an email yesterday that I’m officially registered with the state of California as an entry level drug and alcohol counselor. I have an appointment this coming Tuesday to register for classes. I think it’s the proper path for me to take because it’s the best way to take all of the darkness I’ve had in my life and use it to help others. Have a great day everyone, love you guys!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

20 Likes

:joy::joy: Yes I know… You know what I mean… Crazy Conor :wink:

2 Likes

Ahh thankyou I’ll definitely be doing some before and after pictures to show you all … I hope it will give others some courage to seek some help if they are going through this too xx

4 Likes

Congratulations @Nordique I’m so proud of you!!! Yes our year is coming up and I can hardly wait too!!! Have a great day!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

3 Likes

He’s fresh today, :grin:!

2 Likes

Another year is almost here, but before it is another day happens today.

18 Likes

Hi Donna. It’s good to see you :grin:

2 Likes