Tara Brach 10 Day Radical Compassion Challenge (starts 26 April 2021)

Who’s in?

10 Likes

looks cool im in :sunglasses: thanks for posting

1 Like

Vade retro… :grin:

1 Like

Me! Thank you!

1 Like

I love Tara Brach . Do you know what time of the day this is on each day as I will be working ??

1 Like

I’m in just registered! Wanted to share something trippy with you all. I’ve been seeing 1111 a lot recently. Look at the numbers on a car I was behind and notice the length of the Rain meditation… weird!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

6 Likes

I have this book! It is packed away of course. If my life was less chaotic I would be in, however we close in FL on April 30, move to ? In NC on May 2, maybe we close in NC on May 3? Maybe we are back on house hunt. Okay, just exhausted myself there.

I look forward to hearing about this tho!! I could certainly use a big dose of compassion each and every day. :heart:

3 Likes

For those asking for more details, when you register you will be emailed a link which includes a video of Tara explaining a little. Basically it will be daily content which will include:

I don’t know how long the videos are, but they are available throughout the 10 days so you can do them at your own pace.

At the end of the video she asks us to reflect on why we are drawn to this course. My aspiration is to live a life full of light and laughter, and be able to share this with others.

3 Likes

Just signed up. Looking forward to it :blush:

3 Likes

I’m in… great way to start next chapter

3 Likes

So for those who have registered, why have you signed up?

1 Like

I’ve been doing stuff like this for a while now and I definitely think the more awakened we are in heart and soul the more complete we become as a person the deeper our spirituality becomes and the outcome is no desire to return to our DOC ever again :blush:

1 Like

Bumping this it starts tomorrow!!!

1 Like

Course opens in under an hour!

Comes at exactly the right time for me. I have been feeling much better recently with new antidepressants and just taking it easy. I am ready to start building some of my healthy routines back in like meditation and hopefully yoga.

Have noticed my brain has started falling back into racing thoughts and planning ahead, and was even pacing round the kitchen this morning lost in thought. So yea, definitely needed! Hoping this will help ground me in the stuff that really matters and not jump straight back into over burdening myself before I’m ready.

Living a life full of light and laughter and be able to share this with others :candle: :sparkles:

2 Likes

OK, I registered, I register for a few of these, don’t think I have ever totally completed one! Why have I signed up? I am finding letting go of some resentments hard, and still ruminate a lot, would like to let go of some things that are weighing me down. Seeing as I have been sober for a while, I was surprised how much things are still pissing me off, I think I thought just quitting drinking would turn me into a zen master or something. I also would like to interact some more with people on here, at the moment I feel myself drifting away a little bit.

2 Likes

I am also a serial signer upper to things like this but determined to complete this one. Not done the day one stuff yet but had a little look and it looks good!

And yes a nice way for us all to connect :hugs: I will be sharing my answers to the questions (or at least a version of them) here.

2 Likes

Oh and for anyone who wants to keep track of this thread and doesn’t know about this forum feature, you can select the topic to ‘watching’ from the drop down box at the bottom. You will then get notifications for all replies and can find it easily. Or otherwise you can bookmark the thread from the topic controls drop down.

Screenshot to show what I’m on about! :arrow_down:

2 Likes

Day one

Really enjoyed this. I made a lot of notes! Due to the timing the content was released I have gone through it in the evening, but looking forward to building this into a morning routine from tomorrow.

Something that really stood out to me in the talk and meditation was how easy it is to get lost in thought, to be caught up in anxious reactivity as we race through the day.

How we live today is how we live our life

What really matters? Kindness and compassion require presence, to be able to take a pause and break free from self-centred or fear based responses to the situations we find ourselves in.

The poem by Martha Postelwaite, Clearing, is beautiful and really resonates with me and the path I’ve been trying to take over the last year or so. The reminder that it’s ok to just wait for things to become clearer.

I related to a few things from Maria Shriver’s talk, particularly being so busy going out and doing and later realising that this can only take you so far. The idea of self-compassion is not something I was taught as a child (I imagine it’s the same for a lot of people) and it’s something I’ve come to through the recovery community.

Believing or trusting that ‘I am enough’ is something I struggle with. Feelings of unworthiness have led me to do a big reassessment of my life and commitments. Trying to create my own clearing. Through the process of letting go, giving myself the time and space to just be, I am starting to appreciate the things I have. Both the things I have to be grateful for and what I have to offer.

I find that self-doubt and self-criticism come up most when I think about what I ‘should’ be doing - almost always self-imposed! Something that jumped out at me when listening to the talk was how much of this can be based in comparison to others. It’s an angle I’ve not really considered before.

I am trying to work on letting go of expectations and coming back to what really matters. Does it help cultivate light and laughter in my life? Does it stop me sharing that with others? Bringing it back to the people are here now, not some imagined audience or in some hypothetical future.

1 Like

“Worry… details to follow.” :rofl:

1 Like

I totally tapped on that screen shot several times thinking it was the end of the thread😂

1 Like