Checking in daily to maintain focus #28

Good to see you too! :wink:

4 Likes

Checking in, day 5. Starting to wonder if AA is for me. Going to explore some other avenues, like recovery dharma. Whatever it takesā€¦ sober is better. Hangovers suck!! Happy Friday to all :purple_heart:

20 Likes

Well i donā€™t want to talk poorly about the program and it may just be my current experience with my sponsor. I just feel that there is a lot of drudging up of the past that I personally feel may be better done with a therapist. I do like the meetings and prayer though. I just feel a bit confused at the moment.

5 Likes

Oh, Iā€™m so happy! :tada::clap::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Thanks Dan! :hugs:
I heard your weather is beautiful up there today and tomorrowā€¦ :sunglasses:

1 Like

Wonderful!
Thank you so much
:+1:

1 Like

I just saw this!! Yes sirā€¦ thatā€™s how you do it! Fantastic job. You get alllll the ice cream! :hugs:
:icecream:

9 Likes

@anon27700620. Iā€™m sorry to hear that. Truly. Battling addiction and depression is a double whammy. And as the numbers show ā€“ so often hand in hand. I see you have been on the site for quite a while. And I hope you have made connections here that make you feel better. And people here do want to be around a perpetually depressed person. No judging it seems. I hope better for you!! And Iā€™m glad you are here.

3 Likes

Checking see how everyone is doing . me been sober for a month

4 Likes

Yes I forget sorry thank u reminding me

1 Like

According to your profile, youā€™re a little over 3 weeks sober. You posted that you were a week sober a few days ago. Now youā€™re at a month?

I guess sobriety comes easy for you. The 1st month was a huge challenge for me. It was an hour at a time on most of those days. You bet I kept track of every single night my head hit that pillow sober.

7 Likes

Thisā€¦thisā€¦ think you for sharing:-)

2 Likes

21 hours agoā€¦ I randomly craved and ate ice cream for the first time in almost 6 months. Now I know why!!! Congrats @AyBee!!

See how I totally justified that bowl of ice cream:-)

2 Likes

I almost never ate ice creamā€¦ Until i got sober!
Coincidence?..
Or something more sinister?

Find out more after these brief words from our sponsors

8 Likes

baadf90941a7f60b8bb538ba50b13fb1230efeb4c49c55165ec5eb8fc3e404f0.0

1 Like

Either way it feels great be soberity

24 Likes

I had to break ties with my sponsor. I see a therapist and study the big book. No sponsor but I go to at least 3 AA meetings a week. You donā€™t have to have a sponsor.

11 Likes

Thank you. I do see the benefits of working the steps with a sponsor also and it is generally recommended by members. But, I personally think it can be a slippery slope at times to open up old wounds that could potentially cause someone to spiral into a very dark place. I will seek professional help to sort through the past and keep doing meetings, TS and prayer . To each their own though. It has helped tons of people. That part just isnā€™t for me i guess.

6 Likes

Another day closes, still feeling good. Be wellā€¦

10 Likes