Checking in daily to maintain focus #28

Hanging in there to 30 days - only gotten there once before but I’m feeling good! I think I can do it. Seeing the 24 days 22 hours when I checked my timer tonight felt good.

14 Likes

Checking into day 6! Have a great sober Saturday all of you :grin::heart:

17 Likes

I know exactly whatcha talkin bout! Almost 10 months here… after 1 year here… one year there. 3 mo here 9 months there. My first almost 10 solid, honest months in sobriety and its precious 2 me. That fight back is astounding and soooo close to the brink for me… “dont wanna do it no more!” Proud of You, one more 24hrs down, let’s do another 24 :pray::heart::100::orange_heart::pray:

10 Likes

Hey Donna,

I was disappointed to see you leave it feels better knowing you are back!!

Glad your son is doing better!!

3 Likes
  1. Late coffee. Physically tired but mentally refreshed from a long (21m/34km) hike yesterday to get some dairy from an organic farm. Nice to see them trying to produce veggies too this spring.
    Not planning on too much today. Cold and wet outside. I’ll cook some good food I hope, need to go to have a rapid covid test because I’m part of a national experiment in reopening theme parks. Visiting Keukenhof tomorrow (https://keukenhof.nl/en/). If I test negative that is.
    Have as good a weekend as you all can friends. Clean and sober. We do this for ourselves but we are in this together. Love from Amsterdam and outside the organic farm.
24 Likes

Very warm welcome back. Miss seeing you on TS. Always lifting me up… Glad 2 hear your sober and well. Keep coming back :orange_heart::yellow_heart::orange_heart::green_heart::brown_heart::purple_heart:

2 Likes

@DLS love love that your back…

So i feel like im slowly emerging from the path of sticky mud, it is a challenge to open up on how much change effects me in so many ways…
When i have a routine that routine has to play in the order ive set it out in if i don’t… My brain and body decide to not speak to each other.
The change from being in day rehab to starting mentoring and e-learning with the added pinch of ADHD meant i just couldnt even put my day in order… When that happens my life for others outside my four walls looks absolutely choatic and What the actual fudge!
Things like laundry is placed in washing machine for 3 days before i remember to put the dam thing on…
Countless art supplies sprayed on the floor because i hyperfocus 6 hours on drawing and colouring ha.
Eating has been pasta thats in a container and i darent try and open a packet of something as i might just decide it looks good smashed against the wall… I kid you not routine is a must for me and im slowly filling up the hours and starting to function 15% better. Ooo being able to read the forum and posts from people again without rereading the same message 26 times yahhhoooo…

So in a nutshell im starting to walk out that muddy scenrio!

16 Likes

Good morning friends, day 147! Up early on this Saturday morning. About to go in and check on David. I hear him chattering in his bed.
Slept well, but not long enough.
Have an awesome sober day!

21 Likes

Feeling great today. It still comes down to one day at a time.Thank you to everyone here who has helped me to stay the course.

33 Likes

Congratulations on your anniversary, shipmate! Keep up the great work!

1 Like

Huge congratulations :tada::confetti_ball::sunglasses:

Thank you for that, Chris! :hugs:

That is absolutely amazing, congratulations and good job on all your hard work!! Keep it up!

1 Like

Congratulations on your year!! Such a powerful accomplishment!! Well done!

1 Like

And there you are in all your glorious precious humanness. :heart:

3 Likes

Today marks 300 days for me. I’m not sure why but I’m especially proud of this milestone; Maybe because I’m slightly OCD and it’s a nice round number lol.

I couldn’t have gotten here without you guys and the great support and advice everyone provides. I’m extremely excited for the 1 year mark although I’m constantly reminding myself that this adventure is about the journey and not the destination. I guess it will just be nice to know that I’ve done everything once while sober (holidays, birthdays etc) so I will be able to say to myself “No sweat, I’ve done this before.” when one of those more tempting days rolls around again.

My life has already made a complete 180 degree turn since I stopped drinking my face off every day. Thank you guys for all of your continuous support and I hope everyone has an amazing day :call_me_hand:

37 Likes

@Harold Huge congrats on your full year of sobriety!
@Nordique I love round numbers too. Who cares why? big congrats on reaching yet another milestone friend!

6 Likes

300 Days! 300 day!! Congrats!!!

2 Likes

Congratulations on your 300!! I love those round numbers too. Enjoy the gifts of sobriety!!

2 Likes

Happy soberversity, Harold :sun_with_face::upside_down_face::tada::bouquet::birthday: