Checking in daily to maintain focus #28

76b9ba483b0d8cbf58baf90d8878fcab927cf8c0969c3a2599e998027730eb9a.0
Here’s to 8 months alcohol free, keep on sobering! :confetti_ball: :tada:
Blessings and sobriety!
:sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

I’m here I’m, I’m alive and I’m sober.
Day 223
. Today we’ve been away helping an old lady (a friend to the family, her husband passed away from Covid-19 in December)

She’s moving out if her house. It’s supposed to be empty at May 1st. The problem is that’s it’s a house with two floors ans it’s like an extended version of extreme hoarders.

My husband has been there for weeks trying to fix the garden up, and the storage units there.

Today I cleared the dining room except for one bookshelf with vases. She’s got a company coming to pick up the big and heavy stuff, and things that’s going out on auction next week.

After that I decided to clean the bathroom to make it at least decent. It took me three hours. And I still had one cabinet left to clean when I was done. But it feels good to have given her a nice and clean bathroom at least. No one should have to live like that.

I told her I’m going to clean and clear the kitchen next week. She didn’t really agreed. She wants to save everything and sell the rest. We neither have time for that and most of it isn’t in usable condition anyway.

I don’t know how I’m going to make her realize that. My husband got a container to her property two weeks ago, but she doesn’t want to throw anything so it isn’t even half full.

I couldn’t stand the thought of cooking in that kitchen and definitely not eating in there so I invited her for dinner in our house instead. Saying that I didn’t want her to be left with the dishes from all of us. She happily accepted, and when she walked into the bathroom after I cleared and cleaned it she almost cried because it was so tidy and clean and smelled so good.

When she moves (she’s moving like a 2 hours one way ride from here) I’m going to make sure that she has a cleaning lady coming 2 times a week, even if I personally have to ride my bike there to clean it.

Besides that tweeniea mother have started to harass and threat us. We’re bad parents, we don’t care for tweenie, we’re going to make her want to take her life, we hates here, we psych her out and so on. With every accusation she can come up with. And according to her, most if it is definitely my fault. For making my husband hate his own kid, and her mother (Tough shit finding someone you can’t manipulate because she sees right trough you and always has I guess)

It’s got to that point that the social service have forbidden her to take contact with any of us. She’s only allowed to talk to tweenie.

The mother have said to us multiple times the past few weeks that she’s coming to get tweenie out of here. Social services said to us, and the mother ans tweenie that if she does they are going to use a special law called LVU in Swedish (That easily explained means tgat the if your young and in some kind of danger due to parents abusing you, or due ti your own behavior, you or your parents doesn’t have to agree, the authorities will come by police and take you somewhere else, either to another family or a youth facility home, and you as a parent will need to go to court to change that)

Because it’s best for her to stay here until summer holiday, so she’ll have a chance to Finnish the school year and say goodbye to her friends.

The social service also said to the mother, to us and to tweenie that the reason for her moving to a foster care home has nothing to do with us being bad parents, we’ve done everything we can to protect her from self harm (she isn’t allowed to use her phone or computer as you guys know, and her Ma is raging against us because of that to) we’ve been taking her to her psychiatrist and done more than parents usually do, and still it doesn’t work. Because we’re “just” that, normal parents with normal jobs and no special education handling tweenies kind of problems. The home that they are hoping to find for her, will have that special education ans constant acess to more help via the social service. Because that’s their job (The foster family home’s job)

I can’t even try to explain how it lightened my heart to get that kind of credit from them. For the first time ever it actually feels like they are on our side. And the mean Social service lady even said she was sorry for being blunt.

If the mother keeps harassing us they are going to move tweenie immediately anyway, and forbid the mother to have any kind of contact with her. But I know a lot of the things the mother is raging about comes from tweenie. Every day in school she’s been using the school computer writing messages to her Ma, with lies about us.

However the mother actually tried to be nice to us today via text messages. I’m not buying it, so I’m just waiting to see what she’s up to now.

Sorry for another really long post. I can’t really help myself.

I hope y’all are having an amazing weekend :heart:

22 Likes

@CATMANCAM @icebear
Yes, 8 months, we made it.
Today we are driving to a nearby castle, and then going to watch my husband’s friend’s band. Maybe two years ago I had to be physically carried out of this friend’s Christmas party because I was too drunk. For your imagination, I am a fairly tall and clearly not missing any meals Western lady, and it was my skinny Japanese husband and two of his friends who carried me out. I don’t know if I have briefly seen this friend since or if today will be first time. Feeling a bit awkward.

17 Likes

Checking in, it’s been a while, far too long infact.

Day 1010. Life is very good :rose::heart:

18 Likes

Call me OCD but can you edit your post and put the word, Alive, at the beginning. it just doesn’t feel like you without it :grin:

7 Likes

Love the new couch :heart_eyes_cat::heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

Way to go Harold!!
So happy for ya :smiley:

1 Like

Congratulations on your 8 months you guys.
:clap::clap::clap:
@icebear
@CATMANCAM

2 Likes

Please join us all again my good man…

1 Like

Want check see how every one is doing

2 Likes

19286d01e0498ebbb046e8efe5663a7d862fee36322afc966e26c4854e59a7f6.0
Kudos to you for 8 months sober, you’ve got this!

:grin: That has me smiling silly. That is the past Fleur, we’ve all done that and more, recovery is about moving forward. I hope you enjoy the band.
Keep on trucking ODAAT! :confetti_ball: :tada:
Blessings and sobriety!
:sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

Walk tall and feel proud, lady! :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

19 Likes

Done, it should definitely be there. It’s my motto :blush:
Unfortunately with this new update I can’t see what I’m writing until I’m like the half page down.

2 Likes

I have the same problem! On my phone but not my tablet.

1 Like

Day 21 begins. 3 weeks :star_struck:

I haven’t been having my prescription meds, the heavy ones. The heavy anti anxiety, anti depressives, and the sleeping aids. I am still having my Prozac, which is little Vitamin C for me. I am feeling quite crazy but it is under control. If things get too bad I will just get back on my meds.

I am okay @Squirt - I am just tired of mind altering meds. Mine are quite potent and to my mind there is little difference between hardcore narcotics and my meds.

My meds make me presentable in normal society. Well screw that. I am tired of being what other people want me to be me. I come with my flaws and with a damaged brain. That is me. Not a chemically controlled semi zombie on heavy psychiatric drugs.

16 Likes

Sober Saturday successful…Setting sights on sober Sunday…

12 Likes

Day 285.
Slowly winding down an already slow day. Tired from yesterday, this past week and the one before. They haven’t been the easiest of days. No question, though - nothing would have been made better by trying to sip or gulp it all away. So give me difficult days and all of you, too. A sweet package deal. :wink:
I will tuck in now, and wish you all a deep rest or a delightful day (both). Let’s go do another one.
G’night all, big love. :orange_heart:

There’s been a whole lotta good stuff going on here today!

@Harold! one year!

@Nordique! @Rockstar24777! @Piglet! You guys are your own 300-club! A trifecta of amazingness, and all of your posts and journeys put a whole lotta wind in my sails. :pray:
Rob, I’m so thrilled you’re gonna be a counsellor. That just puts the biggest smile on my face! You have so very much to offer. :heart:

@icebear and @CATMANCAM! 8 months! well done, friends.

@manishc probably wouldn’t hurt to go see your doc though, they can maybe let you know what you can expect ahead. And congrats on your 3 weeks.

22 Likes

Oh Fleur! what @DLS and @Joy said. Picture us all walking in there with you. Can you imagine? And if even one of 'em gives you a look like you have something to be ashamed of, I say we let them know they got off easy with you that night! Poor guys. We’ve got some stories! Not that we’re proud, but nor does shame live here anymore. :wink:

We’re with you. I’m the Western lady back at the buffet for seconds… :orange_heart:

12 Likes

I second or third what all these ladies are saying. You show ‘em what your sober muscles look like, you badass lady!

3 Likes