Checking in daily to maintain focus #28

I have so many questions, LOL :rofl:

2 Likes

The sun rises, the sun sets. And in between are the events I will experience in sobrietyā€¦keep moving forwardā€¦

13 Likes

Itā€™s definitely therapy and itā€™s free, I didnā€™t really see the point but just like my ideas about how I could stop drinking whenever I want, I was wrong again. 200 days sober and I only had to spend a few hours digging up the past, now itā€™s all about the future taking it one day at a time :+1:

6 Likes

This book has helped me so much to understand ADHD.
51ISaAAC5VL.SX324_BO1,204,203,200
My daughters dad has ADHD and according to the book it can be genetic but it also stems from his parents fighting so much while growing up (his parents are terrible).
When he is stressed or just certain times in general when he is busy, he is like a bat in a glass cage just hitting the walls unable to get out. I learned how important self care is for his ADHD like making sure he takes a shower, excersizes, and eats healthy foods. Medication helps too but currently he isnā€™t on any medication (and is on day 4 quitting weed) he has been so manic lately.
Anyway this book helped me understand a lot and have compassion for him. Lots of good information. Also, there is an audio version.

11 Likes

itā€™s great to be part of this event with you today, might be worth doing it again tomorrow if we enjoy it enough :grin:

4 Likes

Congratulations @icebear good job!!!:sunglasses::metal:t2:

1 Like

I totally respect that :+1:

1 Like

300 days IS a beautiful number!! :tada::tada: Well done!
tenor-4

1 Like

Congrats @Harold, truly incredible. :blush:

2 Likes

Day 2. Just been for a socially distanced lunchtime bbq in rainy UK. Everyone drank tea or fruit juice. Apart from my Father who turned up with a bottle or wine and four cans of cider. If heā€™s not an advert for staying sober I donā€™t know what is :see_no_evil:

15 Likes

This made me lol; I can picture it! :grin:

2 Likes

Just another person with another congratulations, never gets boring does it :grin:Proud of you, enjoy your day :+1:

1 Like

Stay sober long enough and maybe youā€™ll become the inspiration he needs to put the bottle down, then again maybe not but congratulations on your day 2 bc TBH thatā€™s the only thing that is important right now not what everyone else is doing. :+1:

2 Likes

Day 215: Feeling a lot more peaceful than I did most of last week. There really feels like thereā€™s some stress energy in my different worlds and man, do I feel it in my core. I declare today is take-a-damn-breath day! And take a break from my phone and internet, too. Wish me luck with that! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Gonna spend some time in the kitchen, hopefully tidy my zen den (itā€™s not very zen at the moment), and call my mom. Hope you all have a successful sober Saturday. Much love :heartpulse:

19 Likes

@Piglet congrats on 300 days :tada:
@Complicatedmama sending prayers for your health :pray:t2:
@Harold congrats on your soberversary :tada::star2:
@Nordique congrats on 300 days :tada:
@icebear & @Misokatsu congrats on 8 months :tada:
@Rockstar24777 congrats and I think youā€™ll be really great in this role :blush:
@RosaCanDo good luck with the technology downtime :four_leaf_clover:

243 days / 8 months no alcohol.
211 days no cocaine.

Feeling really peaceful in this moment. Had a very productive day before doing my meditations then coming here. Packed 9 boxes of stuff from my kitchen! Still another 2 cupboards to go but most of that is items that are in their own boxes already so Iā€™ll finish that off tomorrow with any other random bits Iā€™ve missed along the way. It feels good to be nearing the end of this side of the moving mission.

One week today it will be 25 years since my mum passed away. I am trying to pay close attention to how Iā€™m feeling and what Iā€™m thinking because in a few days time it will be the anniversary of my relapse. I donā€™t feel at risk of repeating the same mistake but Iā€™m being cautious because I know how deceiving it can be and how impulsive I can be.

Itā€™s so nice when itā€™s the weekend and I havenā€™t got the anxiety of waiting for an email to come through saying weā€™ve exchanged, as much as it canā€™t come soon enough, the anxiety during weekdays is very suffocating at times. Itā€™s a relief to feel some calm.

22 Likes

Thank you @CATMANCAM I appreciate that and I will be keeping you in my prayers this week. Have an awesome weekend! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

1 Like

5e0d6a9964d74179c44f81c7a9499715413f408fdf110afcf46701343271e28a.0
Yayā€¦ Congrats on a year sober, keep on trucking ODAAT! :confetti_ball: :tada:
Blessings and sobriety!
:sparkling_heart:

ba25e4a63991104fa74d1590dc98cf5fea84e7df2eb9b6b347875c7a0cd89be2.0
Bravo on 300 days and thank you for letting us share in your recovery journey. Keep on keeping on ODAAT. :confetti_ball: :tada:
Blessings and sobriety!
:sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

Thanks again to everyone for all the congrats and support! Too many people to count at this point but I appreciate each and every one of you guys :heart:

6 Likes

4ff86013f79c87edeb97d55d5e163c13fef3b78fa6a31632b8a63148c0aac911.0

1 Like