Checking in daily to maintain focus #29

Good morning friends, day 178! Sleeping really badly lately. I can’t seem to kick the allergy/sinus junk that has been making the rounds in our family (including David). Lots of strange dreams too. Waking up sober makes it all good.
Work will be about as busy as I make it today - I like those kind of days.
We rented a condo on the Atlantic Ocean starting this coming Saturday (for 5 nights). Three bedroom place overlooking the ocean - Emily and David are coming with us and we have room for Elise and Dennis for the days they want to make it up there. Its about an hour drive north of where we live, but Elise and Dennis have an extra 30 minute drive. Not sure, but I expect they’ll come and go. It is a short walk to the beach and the place also has a pool. It is in Amelia Island which is nice, but also very close to the old historic town of Fernandina. Looking forward to a relaxing few days off.

Have an awesome day! I’m going to do mine sober!

26 Likes

Day 1280 or so. Here’s another sober support group.

https://thesatanictemple.com/pages/sober-faction

16 Likes

Thank you Laura!

1 Like

Down day today, head feeling very foggy and distant. Got loads of to-do’s today and feeling anxious wanting to avoid it all and stay in bed for the day.

10 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 331.

The streak of weird dreams continues; I had my first dream about my grandmother since she passed away last year. The night before, I had another really vivid drinking dream again.

The only thing I can think of is that I’m getting a lot more deep sleep now that I’m not drunk all the time and my brain has finally adjusted. I have no idea if that’s what’s causing the dreams or not but it’s my best guess.

I hope everyone has a sober and peaceful start to the week!

24 Likes

Hi @littlemisschatterbox thanks so much got your support. I’ll drag myself out of bed now and get a nice strong cup of tea, step one .
Thanks x

6 Likes

Day 808

Work has been really stressful this past few weeks. The strains of the past year are starting to show and everyone in the team is under so much pressure. Of course I am thankful to be working, but man it is tough.

One thing I am sure of tho, is that had I been up against this pressure a few years ago, i’d have gone to bits. Sober days are soooo much easier.

Getting back into morning meditation has been good also, despite incessant cooing from the pigeon that has recently moved in upstairs.

Have a good day all :+1:

25 Likes

Checking in on Day 8, sleep FINALLY starting to come back and my urges are minimal! Hope everyone here has a beautiful productive day!! And remember if I can do it so can you because I never thought I would!! Sending love and light xoxoxo :heart::heart:

26 Likes

Day 16.
I did it :tada:

37 Likes

Day 333 clean and sober today, I love this number! Hope everyone has a good day today, love you guys! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

31 Likes

It’s the same here was like 17 degrees yesterday :metal:

2 Likes

Love that number :wink::tada::pray:

2 Likes

Day 282

A good start to the day busy trying to get stuff done before I have to run out the door and head off for the day. Great breakfast and a great sleep time to get stuff done and get work going have a great day everyone !

24 Likes
  1. It’s been a while since I’ve checked in. I’ve been trying to catch up on the threads but that will have to wait until I get a break later. My life has been completely busy. Having a walking 9 months old baby gives me no time for anything these days on top of work and homeschooling now 2 kids. My niece is in kindergarten and she has more work then my 5th grader :woman_facepalming:t2:. Still house hunting haven’t found the right one. It will come I know it will. Patient is key in house hunting. I am however going to make it a priority to check in everyday no matter how busy I am. I need this for myself. Summer is approaching fast and I’m looking forward to vacation this year. I hope you all are doing well! I miss chatting with everyone. I hope you all have a blessed day!
26 Likes

Thank you dear. It’s Murphy’s law I guess.

There’s also a quote that fits pretty good.

7 Likes

Congratulations! Awesome number.

4 Likes

We had +15 yesterday. Today +10 and heavy rain. Definitely feels like Swedish summer, the forecast predicts rain and warm weather between +12+20 degrees during that time. :blush::umbrella:

3 Likes

6964b459f89207432c910c9dfe15f724b9547f06299fd8a752e23a896f2acaab.0

1 Like

Checking in at the end of day 128.
Another nice, simple, sober day. Who could have possibly thought that I could get so much joy out of it?
Life is so much better now.
Have a great sober day, wherever you are.
Goodnight. :sleeping::zzz:

25 Likes

Thank you lol!

2 Likes