@Tomek enjoy your time off :blush:
@KLP welcome and congrats on day 1 :tada:
@Thirdmonkey happy 9 months :confetti_ball::revolving_hearts:
@Mbwoman congrats on 60 days :tada:

8 Likes

@Bomdhil congrats on 2 weeks :tada:
@mleclaire cool number :star_struck::tada:
@Licorice congrats on 3 weeks :tada:
@connor689908 happy birthday for tomorrow :balloon::birthday::gift::partying_face: feel better soon :pray:t2:
@BluNjaTrtl31 congrats on 4 months :tada:
@Boygenius welcome and congrats on 3 days :tada:
@anon74766472 congrats on 2.5 years :tada::star2:(oops just seen the extra month in there too, even better!)

267 days no alcohol.
235 days no cocaine.

I binged again :man_facepalming:t2: Looking forward to being able to discuss all of this eating disorder stuff with a clinical psychologist on Thursday. Less than 45hrs until the appointment :pray:t2:

Dropped my car of at the garage for the repairs this morning, unfortunately they canā€™t get the new wing until Friday, so Iā€™m not getting it back until next Wednesday 12th. I donā€™t need it for anything until an appointment on 14th though so itā€™s all okay really.

I have found another job I might apply for tomorrow. Itā€™s the same grade I was when I worked for the government for 11 years, but for a different department. Navigating their new application process is a bit of a minefield and the job doesnā€™t start until September, but Iā€™ll try my best with it tomorrow :crossed_fingers:t2:

22 Likes

@Its_me_Stella yeah I struggle with this too. Iā€™m torn between liking to see it counting away and adding up but also sometimes feeling like Iā€™m counting down to a relapse, crazy

2 Likes

Day 446~ Checking in. Itā€™s been a while. Life has been hectic and busy as usual. Iā€™m still sober and fighting the fight. The crazy neighbor next to our shop is still up to his lunatic antics. The man needs to take a hike. He chasing people around the neighborhood and yells at them for parking, even on the public street. Heā€™s out of his mind and Iā€™ve had just about enough of his ass quite honestly. Business is really picking up so Iā€™ve been hiring more workers and trying to get everyone trained and ready for summer. My 9-5 has been super busy as well. Some days I donā€™t know how I do it. Itā€™s a lot. I have a lot of people counting on me. I do my best but sometimes its so overwhelming.

Family life has been a bit rocky. My son and husband are not getting along. Thatā€™s adding a great deal of stress. Iā€™ve been the mediator for so long between the two of them. Iā€™m learning I cannot fix them. They need to work it out. I canā€™t be held responsible for everything that goes wrong in this family. I cannot put that kind of weight on my shoulders any longer. My son will be 19 this month. The two of them are just going to have to work through it. Iā€™ll be here to love and support but thatā€™s all I can do and give.

You know through all the stress, drama, and craziness of my life right now; itā€™s still :100: times better than when I was drinking. Being sober is my super power. It truly is. It gives me strength and hope even on the darkest and hardest of days. At the end of the day, I thank God for all my blessings and find gratitude and peace knowing Iā€™m living my best life I can. ODAAT.

:v:t3::heart::blush:

29 Likes

Thanks @CATMANCAM just cracked the 24 hrs mark :grin::partying_face:
Love the statistics feature in this app. Looking at the savings Iā€™m making from my lifestyle changes is a real eye opener and very motivating. Onwards and upwards into day 2 :muscle:

4 Likes

Thanks @Dazercat really appreciate the support and solid advice. 1 day at a time is much less overwhelming

3 Likes

I like that @Nordique, simple but so true

4 Likes

Day 6 and feeling Great! :grinning:Just got home from football match with my son! In the poring rain :see_no_evil: He was soooo good! Trainer say he is one of the Kids with most Progression. Make me so happy to hear :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

15 Likes

@Boygenius you made the most important step, you will find some amazing support and advice here. Weā€™ll doneā€¦

1 Like

Good luck with both your appt and your interview!
20210423_113959

1 Like

1Y 7M 10D

I met a Senator from my state today with a group of Soldierā€™s from my unit. My wife is doing really well back home and will be operated in the middle of this month (Knee replacement). Just talked to her today and sheā€™s in high spirits. Fixing her credit, growing her business and taking online classes. Iā€™m really proud of what sheā€™s accomplished. My Plan on what am I to do when I get back home is beginning to take shape but for the moment, I have to stay focused on the Present. All in all, today was a good day.

24 Likes

Checking in on day 19. I dunno, somehow my body is forcing me in depression mode, itā€™s like a tidal wave. Itā€™s been hard to get out of bed or to have a positive thought lately - but my circadian rhythm and appetite are still intact, so that is nice.
Iā€™m just so tired of all my own shit, Iā€™ve done it countless times before: trying to deal with everything on my own, brain goes into overdrive, depressive episode, relapsing on alcohol. I now realize I need help getting out of this and Iā€™m glad to have all of you in my corner. Iā€™ve been ā€œoutingā€ myself to friends and it went well. Now preparing to talk to my brother on the weekend - not sure what heā€™ll say, but heā€™ll kick my ass for sure (in a supportive way) :sweat_smile:
Watched an AA-Zoom-Meeting, but Iā€™m not sure I find that helpful at the moment, might come back later. Glad to be sober though. Doing one babystep a day, thatā€™s all I can manage at the moment and I guess thatā€™ll have to do.
Thank you for listening to my rant, hope you have an awesome day :heart:

26 Likes

Day 275, things are going okay glad I have support today was a very tough morning but its all gonna be okay, this part of the emotional process of being sober is dealing with everything in the present without drinking to drown myself. Iā€™m hoping everyone has a great day I know mine has turned into a good day :metal:

26 Likes

One week when I wake up :heart: Celebrating every hour of my new life and looking forward to fall in love with my future self. xoxo everybody!

19 Likes

Day 10.
7 degrees and frosty cold.
6.48am

Its officially cold here. I like the cold. I just dont like wind. I can break out the puffer coats this morning! I do want to go online and buy a new one though. Maybe il treat myself next week pay day. I havenā€™t online shopped in like 3 weeks so ive been pretty behaved. Iā€™m curbing my habit :yum:

My body is tight and achy from Pilateā€™s yesterday. To be expected I guess. Alas, I have still booked myself in for another 8.45am class this morning. I am determined to get momentum with this work out routine.

Nothing else I need to do today. I will put dry laundry away. I will read. I will meditate. I will go for a lake walkā€¦ Its a good day. No anxiety or urges. This is good :tada::pray::heart:

27 Likes

Well said :+1:

1 Like

Nice one Allen :grin:

hello and welcome, congrats on your 3 days sober, keep checkin in and let us know how your journey is going, reach out anytime your struggling itā€™s what weā€™re all here for :+1:

3 Likes

I. Am.So. Happy. To. See. You!!!
:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

1 Like