Checking in daily to maintain focus #29

8ad855ec005bbd22e9f4351809047ad51e50cb852489ddb315f0473073163564.0

1 Like

Alcohol 129 days
Weed 120 days
Cigarettes 118 days

Slept really good last night, it makes such a difference to my mood. Feeling strong.

Happy Birthday @Conor689908 enjoy your special day.

@Wunderbar, tough situation for you, but you dealing with it so well, reaching out on here.

@M-be-free49 it took too long but as always thank you it means alot

Writing in my journal, on here, having a coffee before another busy day. Love cherry blossom trees and there are lots on show from my bedroom window… makes me smile. My picture does not does not do it justice.

Have a strong, sober day to you all :shamrock:

23 Likes

Great to see you again @But, @Bomdhil, @Mtrav0040, @Dragonflygirl82 & @Hopeful777
Blessings and sobriety y’all!
:sparkling_heart:

24 Likes

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face: . You are doing amazing, so steady… well done :clap: :100:

2 Likes

Family

For the first time since I joined TS, I have made it to 1 week. I am so proud of myself. Thanks for all the help, encouragement and support, it means everything :hugs::two_hearts:

31 Likes

Checking in on day 20 :blush:

19 Likes

Day 960
Had 2 friends for dinner. It was nice but also was triggering me a bit. For that kind of occasions I have alcohol free beer in my fridge, so I took one.
My sober life was a subject of our conversation too. I do not hide my reasons why I do not drink. But it was so nice that one of my friends gave me a compliment about it. People around me mostly do not understand how difficult it is to quit and how you has to keep working to mantain your sober life. So it’s nice if someone says something positive about it :blush:

Happy birthday @Conor689908 , I hope you have a lovely day! Maybe get a tattoo as a present? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
@SoberSenze, @anon35096624, @Wasabi79, @BluNjaTrtl31 congratulations with your milestones!! :tada::tada::tada: And in case I missed someone: yes! You too! :sweat_smile:

34 Likes

@SoberSenze well done on a week! I always struggle so much to get a week, then it eases up a bit. It’s like Monday morning, once you get to lunchtime the whole thing is much better!

2 Likes

congrats on your double digits :grin::+1:

Hope you’re OK Chad. You’re not craving alone. You should be on your flight now. Sober and clean. Success and strength in dealing with this friend. We’re here.

3 Likes
  1. Coffee. It’s our National Day of Freedom. I slept well. No building noises, because it’s a national holiday. No big parties and festivals today. You know why. It’s still wet and cold anyway. I’ll have my own little celebration, being free from addiction in freedom. Freedom to be who I want, the freedom to work on myself, the freedom to not long for some stupid substance to make me forget or ‘better’ my day. It’s the best feeling I’m telling you. Have as good a day as you all can friends. Sober and clean. The pics are from 3 years ago today, when it was warm and there actually was a Freedom festival in town. Hard to imagine it at the moment. Love from Amsterdam.

26 Likes

Thanks so much! In the past I’d always cave in on day 3 or 6 but not this time around! I just want to keep going!

2 Likes

Thank you @SoberWalker :slight_smile:

1 Like

Have a good one Conor. Congrats my friend.
tenor (2)

6 Likes

Way to go!!! Keep at it!!

1 Like

Today is day 3 for me, checking in!!! This is hard I wont lie but I am DETERMINED!

19 Likes

Good morning friends - day 172! We have a sick David on the way over. Both his mom and I have to work, so we’re going to tag-team caring for David this morning, with laptops at the ready. Linda is still asleep, but she’ll probably take over most of the duties when she gets up. Happy to be able to help Emily on days like this. In other news, we learned that Michael, Emily’s husband, is likely to be home from deployment mid-June! I can’t believe its already been 5 months. He’s going to have a lot of catching up with David to do when he returns - David is a completely different kid than when he left.

Have an awesome day! I’m going to do mine sober!

28 Likes

648 - checking in on my birthday.

I wish I were in the spirit of it more. I went got my hair done and got a nice manicure and pedicure a couple of days ago. Feels nice to doll myself up. I turn 34 today. It’s important to me that I face some heavy decisions this year to be able to move on to the next chapter of my life. I’m doing alot of great things but I’m also living a huge lie in a major way. I broke down in a puddle of tears when midnight hit. Like, crying for hours, crying right now. I wish I could stay home and cry all day but I’m so busy today. I’ll make it through. Have a good day everyone.

35 Likes

Checking in on day 325!

@Desire2ChangeToday happy birthday!! I’m sorry to hear it has been emotional so far, but at least you have a clear head on your shoulders to make those tough decisions. I hope you find some time to celebrate today :slightly_smiling_face: :tada:

17 Likes

Seems like you are having a hard time Shay, sorry to hear. Hope you feel better a bit by now, opening up and letting things out can help.
Happy birthday is still my wish for you :heart:

2 Likes