Checking in daily to maintain focus #30

Checking I’m substance free for…

Dropping Nuggie off for her skin biopsy this morning. Experience is telling me she has Lupus but recovery is blessing me with so much serenity until I get actual results. :pray:

Here is my new favorite recipe for a happy life…
3c. love, 2c. warmth, 2tbsp tenderness, 1c. forgiveness, 1c. friends, 4tbsp hope, 1 pint faith, 1 bowl of laughter…
Combine love and warmth. Mix thoroughly with half tenderness. Add forgiveness. Blend with friends and hope. Sprinkle all remaining tenderness. Stir in faith and laughter. Bake with sunshine. Serve daily in generous helpings <3

Have an amazing sober Monday :heart:

29 Likes

Take care xxx :sunflower::heart::sunflower:

2 Likes

Kyle!!!
Omg congrats on your full year of recovery. Your presence on the forum has been missed for sure, but I absolutely love it when you pop back in and drop some wisdom on us. Thank you for being here for me when I was clambering and clawing through my first days, you were an essential part of my success. I AM SO HAPPY to see this post. Stay well friend.
:heart::pray::heart:
5hgYDDh5oqbmE4OKJ3

6 Likes

Missed you and your talent at photography, Seb. Welcome back!

2 Likes

Hey Seb welcome back!!!

2 Likes

You are not obligated to count and you are not obligated to check in your days on this thread. Why don’t you just check in sober on(not count days) the gratitude thread instead and write a gratitude list with us everyday? You don’t even need to check in sober its only if it is helpful to you and it doesn’t sound like it’s helpful. So do something different, but stay connected. Maybe the music thread or the foodies thread or like i said the gratitude thread… here is the link.
“Grateful for another sober day…”

Congrats on your days, you are doing a great job, you just need to find what will work for you.

Daily Gratitude List #2

6 Likes

Congratulations on your 1 year of sobriety Kyle.
Haven’t seen you around much but it’s always great to see you pop in. A nice little booster shot of “we can do this” as long as we never give up.

1 Like

Quick checking in on day 925.

He/she/it moved today. Now, patience again.

23 Likes

Im the stupidest person ever. I drank for No good reason. I let my self down, my Kids and special my daugther. Only thing I learnd, is I really dont want or need my husband anymore, aswell as its Just the one drink I need to say No to. He is not what I tougth or hoped he would be in my life.

12 Likes

@Freckles @Seb welcome back both :blush:
@apes2020 @Bigbear congrats on 3 weeks both🎉
@Bomdhil congrats on double digits :tada:
@GVLNative congrats on your soberversary :tada::star2:

280 days no alcohol.
248 days no cocaine.

I had the worst nightmares last night, a lot of my worst fears were played out. Grateful that this doesn’t happen too often though.

My GP surgery have agreed to let me stay there as a patient :raised_hands:t2: That was a nice message to start this new week.

I took myself to the cinema today, on their day of reopening, to see Nomadland, it wasn’t quite what I was expecting, it actually made me quite sad, but it was nice to get out of my flat for a couple of hours. Going to go and see Sound of Metal another day soon too, need to get my membership sorted out though because it won’t let me log in even though I’ve reset my password, luckily the cinema agreed to let me pay over the phone at the door but only as a one-off because I was already there.

I was going to have a nap when I got home so I took my glasses off, but then I’ve been scrolling on my phone for a couple of hours instead so I now have a migraine :man_facepalming:t2:

Looking forward to a triple meditation before bed to catch up for the day :blush:

24 Likes

@mleclaire Congratulations on being picked. That’s so exciting and you so deserve it.
@liv_m Take care of you and know you’ll be missed.
@Clarity Good job on fighting through the craving. Imo it really was your friend coming to grant you strength and remind you that you’re loved.
@apes2020 Congratulations on 3 weeks. Awesome job recognizing the triggers and getting through them.
@MagicILY Nice to hear from you and kudos on identifying as a non drinker.
@Bomdhil Congratulations on double digits.

335 days. Yesterday went from bad to worse and I’m just going to leave it behind me. Still not feeling the greatest today and I’m thankful I don’t have to work. Doing some cleaning and laundry and plan to enjoy a lengthy nap after lunch.

24 Likes

You’re the sweetest Michelle! Enjoy your day off. Things are going to start looking up! :crystal_ball::kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Hello all :wave: I’m cruisin through day 12. Feeling good, eating good and working out. Just keeping busy and staying in the moment. Have a wonderful Monday all you sober rockstars!!! :grin:

19 Likes

cd63cb9365430d16f97a99f8688492bf26ed7a8d924615046c103ccfd25b0d62.0

1 Like

ba273bb602f7213ed36cb07dc5b3667431b0dddd5fe029e8267a7d06fbc57c3d.0
Great having you here, Kyle. You’re a huge asset here and to me especially! Thanks for all you do.

1 Like

I’m flying up north tomorrow, I’m nervous but I have to do it.
Prayers accepted for safe travels. Also a separate prayer for my son, thank you in advance. :kissing_heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::pray:

21 Likes
  1. Once upon a time, the last few hours of work would drag by. Craving what beer I would drink, what bar I would have “dinner at”. All those years, decades, I thought I was enjoying life. I was captive to a substance that was slowly destroying me.

I am looking back today, because work is dragging by…now, I cannot wait to get home and spend a quite night with my other half.

I got thinking about all this, reading relapse threads today.

If I could go back in time, not that it would help…I would express what a waste of Life I was living.

Active addiction, breeds bullshit thought processes. Bullshit out looks on life. Addiction has one purpose in life…to keep using your DOC.

If you find yourself stuck in the cycle, and cant get out. Seek help. Swallow your ego, your pride…raise your hand and ask for help. Something better awaits!

Stay sober friends!

35 Likes

Hmmm OK, I will try it, thank you

1 Like

One week sober :cherry_blossom::tada: feeling proud and motivated!

18 Likes

Day 5 down. Today was one of the first mild tests and reminders that no matter how confident I am, a lifetime of drinking habits can play tricks on me. It was the first test cuz I wasn’t at work and it was just a “getting stuff done” day. Could easily have made an excuse like I used to to leave the house and buy alcohol but i didn’t. My amazing wife could sense something i think and had a chat with me, which allowed me to talk it out and cement my resolve. Day 5 down. 14 will be my longest spell of abstinence for 15 years. I’m confident and excited, whilst enjoying the present moment and all the benefits sobriety brings to my life

26 Likes