Checking in daily to maintain focus #30

Checking in on Day 170! Just wanted to say hello after not posting on the forum for a while. I’m still here, going strong. I can’t believe I’m nearing the six month mark. Well, I can believe it because I’ve been taking it one day at a time!! It’s amazing to come this far. I feel I’ve reached a stage of truly identifying as a non-drinker and I’m proud of that. I’ve also stayed off weed and that’s a huge accomplishment.

I’m nearing the end of a massive renovation project that takes a ton of energy and focus. I can guarantee I would not have been able to take this project on if I was drinking.

Hope everyone is doing well!!! :blush:

22 Likes

I hope we see you back here at the latest in 71 days. :blush:

1 Like

That’s beautiful — to discover who you always were. One of the reasons I stopped drinking was to honor the person I was as a child, long before alcohol, and I relate to that feeling.

Congrats on four days sober. One more step on the journey!

4 Likes

24 Likes

Congratulations @Dazercat!! :five::zero::zero: days!! Thank you for being around Eric, it’s nice to have you here.
Congratulations @mleclaire!! :partying_face:
Take care @liv_m :heart: See you back here to celebrate your 3 year milestone!
And 3 weeks for you @apes2020 :facepunch::facepunch::facepunch:

Day 971 :coffee:
Busy day ahead and start to work earlier then normal. So got up earlier so I still have the time to have my “me time” before work.

Picture made during one of my walks.
And now let’s start this week! :facepunch:

24 Likes

Fantastic stuff!

@apes2020 3 weeks congratulations, and high five for dealing with those triggers :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Beautiful photo, colours perfectly captured :purple_heart:

1 Like

Day 32. Another week begins! The last one was a big one - lots of decisions made. Hoping this one is a little calmer.
Welcome back @Freckles. Quit Like a Woman really did make such a difference to me. I must go back and reread this month.
Have great Mondays, everyone!

21 Likes

I just got past 3 weeks. But I’m feeling terrible. I’m struggling a lot. This is so hard. One thing that is clear to me is that counting days and milestones seems to wear me down, even though I am so happy to see others pass their milestones. I don’t know why, but it feels like a thundercloud over my head that grows with the days I accrue. It’s weird.

22 Likes

I’m happy to see you back again but have you looked at why you relapse, I see two red flags from your post 1 ) going to the pub. 2 ) drinking 0.5% beer I know you say they run out but there could be a problem there

7 Likes
  1. Coffee. One late shift to go before a three day weekend. Not totally sure how I feel this morning. A bit unsettled I guess. I am sure about being sober and clean though. 100% so. Time to work on my recovery again. Will be back in therapy later this week. The gym will reopen which is good because the weather is sh*te and will be for the foreseeable future. I got work to do. Which is good. Work my mind, my body, my soul. Wishing for a good week for all of you here. Clean and sober. One day at a time. Love from Amsterdam, pic is just something I saw on my way home yesterday.

@liv_m Will miss you but I’m glad you do what is good for you.
    @Jennajen Wow on your activities and your life Jenna. Just wow.
    @Freckles I’m really glad you’re back but I’m with Conor. Drinking should be a non-option whatever happens. And hanging in pubs might not be the best idea early in recovery.
    @Bigbear Congrats on 3 weeks. I’d say do what works for you. If you feel milestones put too much pressure on you don’t count 'm. They should be helpful, not a burden. One day at a time is all we can do anyway. Just for today friend. Repeat tomorrow but that’s not for today. We want and we will go sober to bed tonight and when we do (which we will) we will have won. Big hugs.
28 Likes

Day 10 . Double digits and hopeful. Working with the coach and tomorrow I will speak with a friend who is helping me about the addiction . Little steps little changes

23 Likes

@Bigbear I feel the same sometimes. You are not alone in that feeling

2 Likes

And the Journey continues
:cake::partying_face::coffee:

25 Likes

Checking in with a focus on healing my knees that I’ve somehow injured. I thought it was through running but am learning from friends in physical therapy and chiropractic that it is stemming from my back or that I am hyperextending it. Weather day, it turned into a suck weekend whennI could barely walk. I was also nervous that if I had to see a doctor that there would be a prescription to follow and I was very nervous about that. I’d made the decision that I would tell them I am an alcoholic and to please not prescribed a narcotic b/c I am certain I would not do well with that. I don’t believe anyone that will be necessary though as it is already starting to feel better. Really want to get back to workouts and normal life as that is what helps my mental health as well as physical. Hope your Mondays flow nicely.

16 Likes

Good morning friends, day 184! Woke up to the pitter patter of little feet…David is feeling better and slept all night, but was awake pretty early, around 6. Sunrise at the beach was beautiful again.
Elise and Dennis joined us last night, so all of us are here at the condo now.

My work problem isn’t finished, but my boss told me to enjoy my vacation and someone else would work on it.

Looking forward to relaxing today.

Have an awesome day! I’m going to do mine sober!

24 Likes

Checking in on day 26. Day off. Nice way to start the week. Went for my 12km run. Now lazying a bit til I have to fetch the kids in the afternoon. Being sober is just such a great thing. Wishing everyone a great sober start into this week :sunglasses::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

27 Likes

Day 339 clean and sober today. Not much to report. Have a great day everyone, love you guys!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

27 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 337. I hope everyone has a productive and sober week!

23 Likes