Checking in daily to maintain focus #30

Thanks. She must have known I’ve had a rough week. So crazy, that’s never happened to me before. I’d like to think it was really her, who knows. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Thanks Eric

1 Like

3 Likes

Glad that you know best what you need to do… Never any pressure to return, but just so you know - we’re gonna save your seat in the lunchroom. :wink: :orange_heart:

2 Likes

Wow :flushed:
Appreciate the warm sentiments.
Thank you.
You come up with the coolest post.
Thanks again.

And thanks @everyone
I really couldn’t do it with out y’all.
:pray::heart:

We rock :+1:

7 Likes

Day 21.
10.52am
Monday
12 degrees. Suns out :tada:

Had three big triggers happen. Won’t go into detail because I don’t want to bring up the anger that surfaced when the triggers happened.

I just calmly got through the incidents saying to myself “this does not affect me” on repeat.

The anxiety boiled up and was very uncomfortable.

I had no desire to use which is great , but I just felt over whealmed and irritated.

I’ve come home to get ready to go to OTP class. But first I am going to take half an hour to meditate. Light some I sense and be still. :heart:

24 Likes

Congrats on your 3 weeks April. And the win today.
Good saying that one. “This does not affect me.”
Good job.
:pray::pray::pray:

2 Likes

f70374a2506b3b98327aa367dd7c651142103c931c700c05b553a289ce4da8d1.0 congrats e!!! :tada::pray::+1: you are a big inspiration to our community. Keep doing you :hugs:

3 Likes

@Dazercat, congrats on 500. I love and cherish your activity on the forum.
@AyBee. Trippy!
@liv_m. Will be missed and take care of yourself.
@Freckles and @Seb. Welcome back!

3 Likes

500??? And I cried because my shower was clean. :rofl::rofl: I am so happy for you!! What an amazing accomplishment. It is people like you who make people like me know they can do it, too. Way.to.go my MA friend! You are wicked sobah!!!

4 Likes

Thanks, Emm. Your response means a lot to me. I must confess that I have been entertaining thoughts of drinking today.
Feeling quite despondent.
I just want to be at home, where I belong. We haven’t been home for two years and it could very easily be another two before we get there.
I need to shake this funk off. If it wasn’t 10am, and if I weren’t in work, it would be very easy to numb it all away.

4 Likes

Congratulations Michelle on your 11 months.
Your killing it.
:pray:t2::heart::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Thanks for posting this, my friend @Wakikki.
It’s amazing, isn’t it, that we never know who needs what, or what people will take from our posts?! I needed to hear some stoicism and defiance around this never ending covid situation, and you gave me that. Thank you. It has made me emotional. I just need to get over myself and move on. There are a lot of people who are a lot worse off than I am. I will do well to remember that before I throw all of my toys out of the pram and reach for the bottle.
@Misokatsu, you need to remember this too. There is value in everything we post. It’s just not always obvious what that value is.

6 Likes

@Dazercat Big congratulations! You are such a steady and supportive presence here, so happy to celebrate this with u!

@Squirt Congratulations even if you are not feeling it.

3 Likes

I’m not one to comment on milestones, but I can’t ignore this one. Well done, big man. 500 days is huge.
I can only echo what many people have already said. Your consistent gratitude, support and positivity make a difference to a lot of people. Thank you.

5 Likes

9m 6d
Had the WORST zoom class in the history of zoom classes, it was my first with a lower level class, URGH, if my cat had shown his arse to the class it would have been better, at least that would have got a reaction, I hope this means it can only get better.

20 Likes

Much appreciated
:pray::heart:

Day 321.
A good day. Went just like I hoped. Puttered at a nice pace, unpacked and did laundry, etc. I used to make enormous to do lists and not get through much of them as I kept refilling my glass. Feels so much better to plan to get a normal amount of stuff done instead and also enjoy the day - and then do just that! Who knew? Ah, but yesterday’s travel has caught up with me, so I am tucking in, unapologetically early.

Thanks for sharing another day. Some days ask more from us than other days, but ending the day sober is what counts. Same time, same place, tomorrow - yeah? :wink:
G’night - big love to all. :orange_heart:

23 Likes

Oh Fleur! I’m sure it went better than all that… but was probably painful for you in the moment. The cat thing though! :joy:

1 Like

I can’t keep up, @Dazercat but I would be remiss if I didn’t show my respect and admiration for one of my favorite TS amigos. I’m so proud and inspired by your days. Love you, E. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes