Checking in daily to maintain focus #31 (Part 1)

It’s difficult for me to think of anything that would be more stressful than tattooing someone. I can totally understand why that would make you want to get out of your head.

2 Likes

Sensational

1 Like

Whoa! That takes talent!! Impressive! And.,…, Sounds like a perfect weekend.

My puppers is always so groomed because I need a hobby :joy::joy::joy: at least I don’t have 45 cats, so I think I’m still goof :joy:

1 Like

Congratulations @icebear, @Misokatsu @CATMANCAM, :three::zero::zero: days!! :partying_face:

3 Likes

Day 342.
What’s with weekends? Go by too darn fast. And this is when I’m/they’re sober. :wink:

Finished and submitted my writing assignments (didn’t check in last night because I was all keyboarded out), caught up on sleep, caught up with a few pals, had some good walks, cooked some food for the week - overall, good.

A bit of nostalgia, a wistfulness, I think – brought on by summer. Missing the summer routines I had with my folks - even as recent as 4-5 years ago. I can actually sit with these feelings though now, and once on the other end, I’m usually remembering the good things, usually smiling. Progress.

Let’s show Monday we got it beat, yeah? G’night, friends – big love to all. :orange_heart:

@Misokatsu and @CATMANCAM and @icebear! Congrats on 300 to the three of you!

@Lisa07 big hug, lovely. Better day tomorrow. :heart:

24 Likes

Here it is @JenE!
Welcome :wink::facepunch:

A post was split to a new topic: Custody of my eyes - discussion about personal responsibility and triggers for pmo

Happy Monday. It’s feeling a lot different to the last one :grin:

9 Likes

bd908a023fa373fc10ae4a009cd0884cfb6e2c4d8bbf1b698d6b9824d312eb97.0
300 days is more than something, it’s amazingly awesome Tyler.
Congrats @Misokatsu and @icebear, you guys are truly killing it.
Keep up the good work. :confetti_ball::tada:
Blessings and sobriety!
:sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

Day 513. Monday. A new week!
I feel good! Very glad and grateful to be sober and clean.
The weather clearing up here. It’s looking to be a lovely week to be sober!!

Have a great monday guys!

22 Likes

Day 739 AF

Ploughing through day 2 of no cigs.

Well yesterday was a walk in the park. Began questioning why on earth I had even been putting off quitting. Ah hahahahahaha. Yeah. Last night sucked. Multiple shit dreams. Constantly waking up. And today, well. It was meant to be a fairly stress free day but then everything happened at once, kids - sick, tired and impossible to please, fighting, meltdowns, dr who won’t listen to me re my daughter… by dinnertime I was close to exploding. We all sit for dinner and 2 of 4 kids look at the meal and decide it’s disgusting and carry on refusing to touch it (it’s a meal they’ve had a dozen times before and devoured it :roll_eyes:). So showing the most incredible restraint I think I’ve ever had, I took a deep breath and counted to 5. I then calmly stood up and announced that the eldest 2 are in charge and I will be back. Locked myself in the bathroom and screamed in a pillow and cried my heart out.
I’m now just very quiet holding it together until the youngest 2 are in bed. Then I’m going to devour a whole block of chocolate with a cup of tea in absolute peace and quiet and not feel even 1% guilty for not sharing.

Tomorrow is another day.

21 Likes
  1. Coffee. I’ve got the day off and stuff to do. Like enjoying the beautiful weather but also do some house chores. And meet some neighbours to file a formal complaint together against the extension of the outdoor area to the restaurant on my little square which will make for a lot more noise. Time to move. Very grateful I’m sober and clean. One day at a time. Love from Luna and me.

@Misokatsu, @CATMANCAM and @icebear Huge congrats on 300!
    @Lisa07 :hugs: friend.
    @Becsta Enjoy your chocolate and you time B. You sure earned it today.
37 Likes

Checking in, day 214 no alcohol, day 12 no cigarettes. Finally I got my first vaccination today. I have been feeling very unhealthy lately, lost a lot of weight and was so weak, that I could hardly walk a few blocks. I’m still not feeling well, but I start to have a bit more energy. I started to take vitamins and some coffein pills. I really don’t like summer, and am grateful actually that it’s June already and autumn is coming. Nothing else to report, it’s like the calm before the storm - or maybe after.
I hope everybody’s doing fine!

23 Likes

Made it through the first 7 days and I feel great. We put up a pool and had a blast with my family. If I was taking pills, yesterday would have went so differently. I would have been Short and quick tempered. I would have probably gotten drunk too and then would have felt shitty and dehydrated from the hot weather and sun. It was such a fun day and I thank sobriety for that. Have a wonderful Monday everyone. :grinning:

20 Likes

Good morning everyone heading into day 6 with no sleep. Super nervous for a tattoo I have today. I stayed up and finished this on my arm

and then I just sat there and studdied this I just wanna make sure it’s perfect. Would anyone be against me starting a tattoo thread of my work, it would be nice to get oppions and feed back

20 Likes

I’d be interested in that Mike :+1:

1 Like
  1. Exhausting weekend at work. Have today and tomorrow off. Time for chores, car washing…not great fun, but that is an adult life.

Before sobriety, I probably would already have my first beer in me “because work sucked”. That is no way to live. By biggest issue today will not to bug the piss out of Ms. Monkey as she works :grin:

28 Likes

First check in for a while but still here and still sober :call_me_hand: have a great day everyone :tractor:

18 Likes

Checking in sooo tired its a day of sleeping!

21 Likes

Hey Des welcome back :slightly_smiling_face: great to hear you’re still doing awesome!

@anon53116147 I’d love to follow the tattoo thread if you start one, that’d be cool to see your ideas and work!

2 Likes