Checking in daily to maintain focus #31 (Part 1)

Thank you!!! :pray: Love the gif :kissing_heart:

1 Like

CONGRATULATIONS!

200 (13)

5 Likes

Day 49.
10.32am
10 degrees.

So I am now convinced that I was a bird in a past life. I keep having random very close experiences with birds that happen spontaneously.

Just now this morning, I had 5 cockatoos come to my window and hang with me for half an hour. They ate out of my hand. They talked. They were gentle. I unscrewed my window and opened it wide and flat so they could walk up to me.

It was a moment in life where time just stood still and I was in awe at the beauty of these beautiful creatures. They are all wild cockatoos. There not trained. Yet they understood me when I was instructing them to come, walk up, don’t bite, wait etc … As my eyes connected with there’s so closely, it was a moment I’ll never forget.

if I was using and not clean, I would of never experienced this :heart: life is magical :heart:

45 Likes

Awesome!
Parrots are super intelligent.
They pass pretty crazy intelligence tests. Very self-aware and possess logical thinking and multi-step problem solving ability.
So cool to have that experience
:+1:

3 Likes

These ones are wild yet they understood every command I spoke. They are so smart! I have a big bowl of chopped up red grapes ready for there next visit if they come back ! :tada::pray::heart:

3 Likes

You have the coolest bird experiences @apes2020. What a blessing to have them in your life. Another reason to stay clean. I don’t know anyone else that has birds in their sobriety toolbox. :blush:

6 Likes

What a magical experience! Also, I love that you have wild cockatoos there! :star_struck:

3 Likes

Can you see how intently they are looking at me and listening in the first few photos lol, they were trying to watch me through the glass so I unscrewed it and opened it flat so they could see me properly . they walked all the way up the glass and sat there with me while I chatted away to them. They had such strong expressions on there heads and they stared at my face so intently while I talked to them. They were so gentle taking the food out of my hand, they did it so slow so they didn’t bite me and they kept tipping there heads upside down on the side of the window to get a better look inside lol… Let’s see if they come back and if its progresses to the level of connection I had with baby :hugs: its made me miss baby! I have a big bowl of red grapes ready for there return he he :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

I know I was able to disable ads for alcohol on Facebook. I didn’t need it rubbed in my face all the time.

4 Likes

That’s really cool April :scream::ok_hand:

1 Like

Great achievement and great catch! And sorry about your foot!

3 Likes

Thank you Fleur!! ! :kissing_heart: Hope everything is ok with you​:pray:

Side note re cockatoos : I just noticed something in my apartment. Yesterday I bought a new box of tissues. Didnt even notice the pattern on the box till now. Its covered in cockatoos. I think i just manifested the cockatoos that visited me :joy:

18 Likes

32 Likes

No idea what hashbrown congrats means, but it must be pretty fancy.

10 Likes

Very nice on 20 days! Isn’t it amazing what just a few weeks will do to the body? Just goes to show you how alcohol just shreds our insides. Same here, I got scared when I noticed I had a yellowish tint to my eyes…but then they cleared up. I see the doc next month and maybe I may or may not have to be on BP meds anymore? Did you ask your doc about it yet?

Keep fighting the fight!! :+1:

5 Likes

I always enjoy reading your posts and you’ve encouraged me in the past as well.

The fact that you came back on here, posted, were honest and true is admirable.

ODAAT…yes…and only move forward….

6 Likes

Triple digits! Much learned in these 100 days. My longest stretch in a long time. This disease is progressive. I am 61. Although healthy, my body is older. Each relapse, even if only 3 glasses of wine is brutal. Painful. Ugly. I’m not doing that any more.

34 Likes

Congratulations on triple digits @Mbwoman!!
I9zBClBaRWY8w

4 Likes

Wow. This brought me back to my recent divorce…how uncanny alike the situations.

I always thought and we had talked about doing this separation together. But the day I met her to do the final inspection of our apartment (we were already living separately)…I was also met by her attorney. She hated to do it. But she felt like she had to. Not because I was vengeful or hateful. It was to protect herself. She was tired of competing with the “other” woman in my life. Alcohol took top priority. It always did. And I paid the price. She drove off…slowly. Watching me clutch the divorce papers in my hand as I wept. It was over. But I couldn’t blame her. She needed to do her and live for her and be free from co-depence. She’s a whole new person now in so many ways…and I’m happy for her…but at the same time, I’ll aways keep a piece of my heart for her…

So good for you. I know what it’s like being on the other side. But if it means bettering yourself and loving yourself and learning from yourself?? Than all the more since you deserve it…this in this short life :pray:t3:

11 Likes