Journey to the road of recovery

My name is Eva, this is my second time doing something like this online and telling my story. I’ve just started the journey to become sober. I am addicted to marijuana and alcohol. I go to a group every Tuesday and see a counselor Wednesday to help with the road and to learn new skills. I was in a car accident in 2014. They had ran a blood test and found both marijuana and alcohol in my system. It’s been a few years since I’ve thought about getting sober. I used marijuana more often and frequently over the years than alcohol. Staying sober is the plan even after I get done with group. I want to learn different coping skills that’ll help me grow into a better person. I understand it’s a long journey but it’s all about finding yourself and the strengths/weaknesses a person could be going through that could at times make it difficult to stay sober. I am looking for long term sobriety along with good people to help with the sobriety instead of having people that only want to drink and do drugs. It’s hard due to the fact that almost all my friends rather do those than support sobriety. I hope to get feed back as well as new coping skills and more strength to over come the temptations and urges.

5 Likes

Hey Eva. Welcome to TS
This place has been a great place for me to get support in my sobriety. Addiction is too tough to go it alone. We are stronger together. And we are all worth it. Here’s a couple of threads I like with a bunch of real great supportive people. Have a good read around and join in when your comfortable

I hope you see you around.
:pray:t2::heart:

Welcome Eva! So happy to have you apart of our sober family. I’m looking forward to getting to know you and taking this journey with you.

Glad you’re here! So, I feel you being around those who choose to drink & get high is not helping you. That’s my feelings & feedback on that part. Coping skills come with doing things differently than before and gives us independence. And, if lasting sobriety is what you truly want, then choose every day forth to be healthy and happy. Hugs to you & stick around please.