Checking in daily to maintain focus #31 (Part 2)

You do this for yourself Lucas. You did 6 days so you can do 7. One day at a time. We’re here. Lean on us. Talk to us when you want to drink but before you actually do next time plz. We/it might actually help you.

7 Likes

Thank you. I appreciate it. I’m really gonna give it my best shot.

2 Likes

Great choice!
I don’t know why the gift thing felt different…almost like I should drink it. But I didn’t want to at all really, which was a great feeling.
Thank you so much for your support as always :sunny::blush:

6 Likes

Good morning friends - day 250!

Thank you again to everyone for the kind words of support and prayers. I’ve read and re-read all of them and added my little :heart: . I’m not skilled in ‘@-ing’ everyone in a big message, but know that I have taken in all of that love and support and it is truly appreciated.
Today work is going to be grueling - its not like I’m working in a coal mine or on a roof, but its still a grind at times. We have been working on a very big project to migrate a large database environment to a new set of servers and a completely new and different structure. Today the data loading starts and if my projections are correct, it will finish some time on Sunday. It better - the users/owners of this thing are expecting to sign on to work on Monday and start using the new system. Fingers crossed. I’m also on-call this weekend, so it will be a busy one.

So, I will be popping in here every day like I have for the last 250+, but my visits might be brief and/or sneaky.

Thanks again to all of you good friends for your love and support!

Have an awesome day! I am going to do mine sober!

37 Likes

Why thank you.

9 Likes

Made it to two morning gym classes and two home workouts this week. Never would’ve done that before work while drinking.

28 Likes

D 294
I’ve had sufficient sleep 2 nights on a row. That doesn’t happen often for an insomniac. When it does, I’m baffled. Is this how people usually feel? No exhaustion headache, no constant yawning, being able to think and execute, having spare energy to do more than the bare minimum. Days like these feel like a million bucks. Although… I would rather take million euros since it’s stronger than USD :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6db5e5717f73e2d4fef51cfba25796d20f3f5c31926038875d260cbe2594e95a.0

31 Likes

Oh Charlie, I am so sorry. I don’t even know what to say, how horrible. You are so strong and I’m so glad you are powering through the urge. Sending prayers and all my love your way.

2 Likes

Day 2. When I was young I thought I was great. Now I realize how little I am. I think is a good start. Let’s try again

23 Likes

Checking in on day 13. I’ve been sleeping great the last 2 nights. Maybe too good because I’m having a hard time getting up today. I am going today to reinstate my license!!! I dealt with the court yesterday and got the paperwork I need from the judge so fingers crossed it all works out at Secretary of State. Other than that just cruising along adding up the days. I have slight cravings but I just keep reminding myself how great I’m doing and taking something would just make me have to reset and that would be a set back. @Charlie_C sorry for the loss of your brother, my condolences. Have a great day TS friends! :grinning::+1::muscle::facepunch:

24 Likes

@Olivia congratulations!!! Having difficulties to rest almost every day. Your post gave me hope and I can relate how great one feels when is rested

3 Likes

Good job on day 2! The fact that you keep trying, makes you great if you ask me.

3 Likes

Oh I’m so sorry Charlie, sending my thoughts and strength to you and your family :pray::heart:

1 Like

Thank you Joe!

1 Like

Now that is seriously soooooo cool!!

Sober: 420.36
ED: 40.47

So, I’ve mentioned before that the desire to drink has not only disappeared, but has turned into repulsion. I will always be on guard though, I don’t trust that tricky little mofo. The odd part is that this time, my eating disorder seems easier to beat too. I don’t feel like I’m having a hard time not sliding back into old habits. It’s so strange. I know what my triggers are, and one is throwing up when sick. That has happened twice. Gross stuff ahead. Either something is wrong with my stomach, or I had a bug/food poisoning, but I’ve been extremely nauseous for a few weeks. Two of the days I was so sick that I threw up. I was so scared if it triggering me that I was swallowing it back and not letting it come out, until, like the old faithful geyser, I had absolutely no choice. I was actually on the phone with my friend both times. I’m happy to report that it did not trigger me. I was so terrified.

Anyway, my body is talking to me today and I’m listening to that old decrepit thing. My brain thinks I’m 20, the bod knows it’s 50 :joy: I’m working from home and only stretching today. I’m going to try to get to bed super early too.

I love my sober life. I love it so much. I wish happy soberness to every!!! :heart:

28 Likes

In day 15!!

22 Likes

Day 68: Absolutely miserable night last night with a late arriving pressure headache, ear pain, nausea and my damn wrist hurt! Minimal sleep. I’m trying to rest now and I can’t keep my eyes open but sleep still won’t come. Just have to take it easy for now. But I am sober and proud!

26 Likes

Sending love. How terrible for you and family. :heartpulse:

1 Like

Hey all, it’s been awhile since I have been on this app… I’m still here and sober. 743 days and counting!

25 Likes