Checking in daily to maintain focus #31 (Part 2)

Woooohooooo
Great news!!!
3ornjXIIShZ2MgyyHu

5 Likes

@Dolse71 a bit belated but congratulations with your 10 months milestone! You have grown a lot mentally is my impression.
@Charlie_C thatā€™s very hard to deal with, my heart goes out for you and your family. Be strong!
@Dazercat sending you a :heavy_heart_exclamation: I would be scared too. But itā€™s out of your control. The only thing you can do is taking good care of yourself to prepare for whatā€™s coming.

Day 1037:coffee:
Went for al long walk yesterday to visit our church to light a candle for my mom and my father in law. My mom has died 16 years ago as of today from cancer and my father in law 6 years ago. Today a day of work ahead. Decided to go for a walking holiday with my husband for a week. Going to organize nothing. Just walk from one village to another maybe 20 km/12 miles each day. Well see. Sleeping in a B&B ore hotel. Looking forward to it! Couldnā€™t do such a thing in my drinking days, would not have had the energy for it!

Picture made in the church from the large organ.
Have a great day everyone! :raising_hand_woman:

25 Likes

Thanks Claudia.
That walking holiday sounds awesome. I always wanted to do one of those. Maybe in England or something. Kind of hard to do one out here in the American west. Have a wonderful time.
Must take pics for us.
:pray:t2::heart:

4 Likes

Love this, Emma. Itā€™s so true. They just want us to spend time with them and to be present. We donā€™t need to be parent of the year, or to be a game show host. We just need to be with them. :blue_heart:

5 Likes

I will Eric, I have to wait 3 weeks before we leave. I traveled ones in the American west but not by feet :sweat_smile: Looooong roadtrips, but loved it there!!
Take care buddy :pray:

1 Like

This is a great question, Cap. Iā€™ve been thinking about it myself ever since I posted.
Iā€™m not sure.
Iā€™ve plugged back into my podcasts (I have been listening for 2 hours already today), and Iā€™m going to read This Naked Mind again. I have it next to me right now.
I am also going to get back on the gratitude train and post on it here daily.
We had friends over yesterday and I was chatting with them about a topic that we spoke about a lot in the past, which is the use of psychedelics in the treatment of trauma and anxiety. There is a lot of research in this field at the moment and I was particularly interested in it because my anxiety was crushing me. Since I have stopped drinking, it (my anxiety) has pretty much ceased to exist, but this has become normal, and the longer I go, the further it gets from my mind. I need to keep all of the benefits in view, and hopefully daily gratitude will do that.
Outside of that, Iā€™m open to suggestions.

13 Likes

Doesnā€™t just have to be old behaviors that make you slipā€¦ Yes I may have been having a hard time at the end but I thought it was just normal ehh Iā€™ll get through this type of stuff. Good shit can you make you slip too. I mean I never travled anywhere away from home, 10 hours to Pennsylvania surely wasnā€™t old behavior, I dont blame my uncle for my relapse, but all I know is I wasnā€™t showing signs of old behaviors and I still relapsed, to be honest Iā€™m still boggled on why I even relapsed. Sure things were weird at my uncleā€™s and I was having a bit of a hard time but Iā€™ve been through way harder shit then that.

7 Likes

Day 28 still moving along.

21 Likes

And then you did Mike. Thatā€™s pretty unsettling, going away from the place you know and into a big city. To me that seems like the perfect breeding ground for cravings. And for slips and relapses. So yes youā€™re totally right it isnā€™t just old behaviours that will make you relapse. Itā€™s new ones too. Learn my friend. As I know you are.

6 Likes
  1. Coffee. Therapy day. Still feel like Iā€™m slacking and postponing the work I got to put in there to make it work. Slacking and postponing being some of the main issues I need to work on in therapy. Kind of a paradox right. Anyhow. Letā€™s get on with my day and make some things happen as they wonā€™t happen of themselves. At least Iā€™m sober and clean. If I wasnā€™t that, nothing would happen for sure. ODAAT. Have as good a day as you all can friends. Love from Amsterdam and Tokyo, where my inspirational nephew Simon is about to fulfil his dream and row in the Olympics. Heats are Sunday morning Tokyo time. Go Simon, go Holland8!
34 Likes

Checking in on day 4.
Productive day. My Higher Power + I worked well together today to achieve a few tasks. Goodnight all! :grinning:

19 Likes

@M-be-free49 Sending comfort and strength.

day 345
Busy day: laundry, hoovering, bedding, homework, library, and so hot.

18 Likes

Hope youā€™re resting a well deserved and restful sleep friend. You made it through the hardest moment. Iā€™m sure you can face the rest too. Big hugs.

1 Like

Checking in on day 403, have a great one everybody!

23 Likes

Got through Day 21. Last time it was 21 and then 14 days of drinking. Not this time folks. I got this and you all helped. Thank you!

26 Likes

Up super early on a Thursday morning because I was awakened by a deer munching on my garden outside. I should have probably gone back to sleep, but I decided to make a coffee and check in here.

Day 41 AF here. Finally was able to get in with a therapist and did the intake on Tuesday. Seems like a good fit, so I am happy for that. My parents are coming for a week visit starting tomorrow, it will be nice to see them. Hopefully not too much stress :rofl:

Wishing everyone a peaceful, sober day!

26 Likes

Day 68 AF
Once again feeling really good. I kinda feel a bit worried that I seem to be doing it fairy easily second time around. I am really proud of the fact that alcohol no longer controls my daily routine and I think that is a major reason for me maintaining my sobriety. Hope everyone is doing well :pray:

28 Likes

27 Likes

Hi guys. Stay strong. I drank last night after 6 days. Iā€™m feeling fed up and feel Iā€™ve let everyone down. Today is the start of a better me. Have a great day :+1:t2:

22 Likes

1080 days alcohol free

24 Likes