Checking in daily to maintain focus #31 (Part 2)

W.e you say

Iā€™m here, Iā€™m alive and Iā€™m sober.
Day 326

I canā€™t believe this is happening to me again.

Weā€™ve had two friends over helping us out in the garden today. One before lunch and another one after lunch. We didnā€™t asked any of them for help, they just volunteered.

The second friend who was here, is the guy who gave us a ride yesterday. And he offered to come and pick us up tomorrow afternoon and drive us home.
Weā€™re going to bury Paā€™s ashes tomorrow.
Even if thatā€™s for a sad reason Iā€™m looking forward to meet my family, and my brotherā€™s new baby I havenā€™t been able to meet yet.
Weā€™ve done a lot of gardening the last few days, and itā€™s starting to look really good. The usually cranky bitter neighbor have been talking to us, yesterday and today. Praised us for doing such a great job. Today he told us that heā€™s about to sell his house because they are getting old. Weā€™ve been almost like enemies to them ever since we moved in, and Mr Cranky neighbor has been fighting with another neighbor to us for about 30 years.
The other neighbor just heard the news and are in this moment in our yard talking to my husband about throwing a party if Mr Cranky neighbor moves.
It feels surreal, but Iā€™m sure the universe have a great plan us and that it all will turn out amazing.

We filled our new pool today and placed the soccer goals for the boys in the garden. It made my heart so happy to see them being that happy. Finally being able to swim during their summer break. Iā€™m really grateful that we had the possibility to do that for them.

We ended today with a BBQ together with the friend who helped us this afternoon.

Iā€™ve got no news about my drug using friend and his boy. I just knew that his father has been there all day because he stopped by and told us on the way home.

I also have started to make a plan to celebrate Christmas in July this year. We never done it before but I really like the idea. Iā€™m going to include our Elf and Easter Bunny helper in this.

Wishing yā€™all a wonderful day.

21 Likes

I guess I said something stupid :see_no_evil:

Day mo fo 70 people ā€¦ thus journey is such madness lol depressed for like 3 days now off and running again. Im learning to just hold on ā€¦hold on tight and it always seems to eventually stabilize. Met a guy at work today had a huge talk with him about his journey to recovery and what he struggled with it helped so much . Literwlly made my day . Have great day night everyone

19 Likes

Lmaoooo :joy: I FEEEEL your pain friend :joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: as I sit here at 6.30am sipping my first cup of liquid gold, my heart aches for your conundrum :pray::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::grimacing:

3 Likes

Just out of curiosity, what do you drink? Iā€™m always looking to up my game and try new brandsā€¦ :thinking: can you post a pic ?

3 Likes

Day 88.
6.33am.
6 degrees

So I love to laugh , its probably my favorite thing to do in lifeā€¦ So this morning as Iā€™ve begun to catch up on everyoneā€™s check inā€™s , @icebear drew made me lmao reading about the dear !! It must of been the Christmas in July rain dears that had gotten lost and ended up at your place munching on your garden lmao :joy: Iā€™d give anything to live in a place where the sound of wild dear wake me up at night! The magical moments of nature :heart: maybe thats my calling in life, something to do with wild animals and nature :thinking: where do you live drew , that you have wild dear in your garden?

Woke up at 6am. Have been lazy and sleeping in till 7 the past week in lockdown coz I donā€™t need to be anywhere and its SO COLD outside so having a cheeky lay in has been a nice treat :rofl:

I feel good today. Just being aware of my triggers because my monkey mind is still a bit unpredictable. But Iā€™ve got it under control so we good :pray::heart::tada:

24 Likes

Jesus dalex77 you should have got a bus there or something and just bounced the fake coffee off their head.

2 Likes

I was the 22nd like :blue_heart::fist_right::fist_left::blue_heart:

2 Likes

And this is post 2222 :dizzy_face::dizzy_face::dizzy_face::dizzy_face:
I read out step two yesterday with my sponsor, and today Iā€™ve been UNrestoring myself from sanity by not being productive and just falling in addictive behaviours.

10 Likes

Checking in. Not a religious person but am turning to prayer for help.

16 Likes

@Singtone Congratulations! Great achievement, well done!

@dalex77 my deepest sympathies in this tough time.

@Irishman Hope it helps. Sending strength.

3 Likes

401 days. Been a bit since checking in on this thread but have been lurking in the background. I have been sitting with some hard decisions and deep emotions but am taking a leap of faith. . .the faith being in myself. I am sure many have heard my complaints about the roommate. This time Iā€™m no longer complaining and have made the choice to move out. Itā€™s going to be hard financially but Iā€™d rather be struggling financially than emotionally and if I were to have chosen to stay I think my mind would have been off the rails. How my move will effect my relationships with my man and the girls is unknown and frankly a lil worrisome. Iā€™m literally moving only 2 blocks away but am feeling like Iā€™m leaving the province. ODAAT is more important to me now than it has been for a long time. Keeping my mind on today is difficult but definitely needed.

29 Likes

Iā€™ve gone back old school and have been using my French press the past two months and have been really enjoying the change from pods.

I like to switch it up every few months :rofl:

4 Likes

The brand wicked awesome coffee looks shady lol ? :thinking: anyone that would destroy lives by sending decaf should be punished lol :joy:

3 Likes

I live in northern Minnesota. The deer just wander around here munching away without any fucks to give about anything. Iā€™ll try to snap a pic next time if it happens in the daylight.

11 Likes

Well it doesnā€™t show! Great job!

2 Likes

@apes2020 where are you that you DONT have deer? Lol even when I lived in cities and in the desert we have always had deer wandering around.

2 Likes

Huge Congrats on 200 days @Singtone !!! :tada::tada:

:smiley::smiley:

1 Like

Congrats on 200 days sober.
:partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

1 Like