Checking in daily to maintain focus #31 (Part 2)

I love how Minnesota folk say “tapioca” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::rofl::tada:

1 Like

I’m in Australia, in a big city :joy: definetly zero deer here :joy: cockatoos a plenty but zero deer :joy:

2 Likes

Hey Michelle,
Nice to see you checking in on day 401. Congratulations big time!!!

I feel It is way past time to say good bye to that roommate. I think it’s a great decision. Whatever shit you got going on with that roommate isn’t worth risking your sobriety. And you’ve given it time. Lots of time. And you got over a year under your belt. It maybe be tricky at first but I feel it’s going to be worth it. I hate saying “you got this” but in this case I think you do. You got this!!
:pray:t2::heart:

7 Likes

Actually, I just remembered something… A few months ago there was a news article about a wild rouge deer found running through the inner suburbs … It apparently came from forest land a short distance drive , but hours away for the dear to walk :joy: so we do have deer, just no where near where I live :joy:

3 Likes
  1. I just woke up from a dream where I was running from some unknown people, ending up in a dark field and thinking “if they find me here I’ll be finished”. Instead there was nobody there. I was alone and it was dark. And as it turned out the field consisted of quicksand that got deeper very fast. Whatever i tried, floating, keeping my footing, turning back, it was no use, I was sinking. Then at the last moment I was pulled out. Unceremoniously. And woke up.
    In my dream I didn’t know who saved me. But i know it’s you all. Not just the people on this site, but also my therapists and members of my therapy group. My friends in my 3D world. Everyone I dare to connect with. I can’t do it alone. I’m so scared to share myself. But I have to. And I am. One day at a time. One piece of me at a time. Thanks so incredibly much for being here. This place means so much to me. You mean so much to me. Deep in my heart. All of you. Love. Back to sleep I hope.
33 Likes

I found the news article :joy:

This type of thing never happens here, so it was all over the news when it went rouge :joy: @anon9289869

3 Likes
4 Likes

Way to go Tony! 200 days is definitely something to be grateful for.
:pray:t2::heart:

6 Likes

So sorry to hear this cc that is just terrible. My condolences for your lose. Hang in there, sober-twin.

2 Likes

Thanks! Congrats on your 250!

1 Like

I feel this on a deep level. My heart hurts for you and I will keep you in my prayers

4 Likes

I love that there is an “Australian Deer Association”! How do I join? :rofl:

3 Likes

Good grief and thank goodness you were pulled out! You are always giving so much love, support and hugs out… here is some back to you. Hope you are sleeping peacefully with your Protect-O-Kitty keeping a good watch. Hugs xoxo

3 Likes

I didn’t drink today. And I’m probably not drinking tomorrow.
:pray::heart:

As long as I stay grateful, I’ll stay sober

31 Likes

Great catch Eric @Dazercat, yay!:dancer:t5::woman_cartwheeling:t5:
Congrats @Squirt on hitting the 400 days milestone, so happy for you. Keep on keeping on ODAAT. :confetti_ball: :tada:
Blessings and sobriety y’all!
:sparkling_heart:

26 Likes

208 days

@CATMANCAM well done on 200 days :clap:
@dalex77 lol now that decaf is so wicked! Nothing worse to me then decaffeinated :sleepy: hope trauma subsides :roll_eyes:
@Mno those type of dreams really unsettle me, pleased you got out :slightly_smiling_face: you mean alot to us… hope you got some more sleep
@Squirt congrats on 400 days, you done the right thing putting emotional stability over finances, it works i can tell you i changed careers 10 months ago losing lots of money, but i am happier for sure and i budget better now. Good luck

Thank god its Friday, last full week will be done. Only 3 days left next week. Nearly wrapped up. Regarding new job, references have been sent just pray i get over the DBS hurdle. Aside that bit of stress doing well, relishing sober days.

Have a good day all of you .

22 Likes

So sorry for your loss that’s a terrible shock. Love to you and all of your family x

2 Likes

Day 388.
A bit of a work-a-thon today - from sun-up to sun-down. At least it afforded me a distraction from the other stressors. And that’s okay, as long as it’s a short-term thing, and not a long-term coping mechanism. I will say I prefer a good night’s sleep to self-medication with late nights and overtime!
On that note, let’s call this one done (at least here), hey friends? Time to lay my head down. On to another one tomorrow! We can do it, I believe in us.
G’night - big love to all :orange_heart:

@Rockstar24777 definitely not a flake, big bro. you have over 400 days of amazingness, and any one who thinks otherwise can deal with me! :wink:

@Singtone 200! Holy moly! I might’ve bought my first car for that much money! Not recently, and let it be said your sobriety is much more robust and intact than said Datsun 510! :laughing: Congrats friend. Thanks for your genuine, supportive shares on here.

@SoberWalker oh, enjoy! Beautiful pic. Can’t wait for the stories, lovely!

@Mephistopheles and @Jennajen Enjoy your time together!

@Dazercat you did it! that’s huge! backflipping over here. Hey @AyBee you gotta check it out! And @C_8! Congrats, Dazercat. Yer a class act!

25 Likes

Thank you for sharing yourself, beautiful friend. And for leading by example. :relieved: :pray:

2 Likes

Day 11. Didn’t really feel like the gym this morning when I woke up…. Even more reason to be sat outside the gym waiting for it to open.
Happy Friday everyone :grin:

21 Likes