Checking in daily to maintain focus #31 (Part 2)

This old guy just plodding along 12,709 days at a time , meetings make it easier keep on trucking

36 Likes
  1. Coffee. I had planned to visit my favourite museum after they all were closed for over half a year. But I canā€™t find my national museum admission card :sob:. So I have to come up with some alternative. I feel a bike ride will do. It has to be me time. Self care stuff.
    I feel pretty good today. I think I dealt with the anxiousness I felt yesterday better than before, by facing it, examining it, by actually feeling my feelings instead of pushing it further inside, and numbing it with whateverā€™s available. Now I acted and got some stuff out of the way that actually caused my anxiousness. Therapy plays a big role in dealing better with my feelings. Being sober and clean is the prerequisite for this process. So happy and grateful to be just that. One day at a time. Together with you all here. Have as good a Friday as you all can friends. Donā€™t go it alone. Together we can do this. Love. Pic is the Rijksmuseum I wonā€™t be visiting today. It will wait.

42 Likes

Beautiful pic as always. Donā€™t you think the museum has card owners registered in some kind of computer system so they can provide you with a new card if you contact them? I think you can do that at most places here for what I know.
I hope itā€™ll be solved nice and easy.

Happy Friday.

5 Likes

Good morning friends - day 230! I was up way too late and this morning I am tired. :expressionless: Work-wise, I think today will be mild. We have a long weekend for the US holiday, so that is nice, especially since I am not on-call for this one.

I hope you all have an awesome day! I am going to do mine sober!

35 Likes

Iā€™m here, Iā€™m alive and Iā€™m sober.
Day 306 (Yep I was right without looking yesterday, had to double check today, because it feels a bit unreal)

It keeps raining, and itā€™s supposed to stay like this until next week. Iā€™m not impressed. My husband canā€™t lift heavy items with his hand because of the stitches. Yesterday we sold a very heavy bench, and because he refuse to listen to anything he ended up lifting it anyway. Not in a proper way, and has now injured his back as well. So heā€™s in bed. Iā€™m definitely not impressed by that either :joy:

Weā€™re talking about doing some fun on Monday. My 18 y/o is going to my aunt who lives by the sea at the Swedish west coast for two weeks, to spend time with my cousin who is one of her close friends. Iā€™m a bit jealous, they donā€™t even like to swim in the ocean. So I want to do something fun with the boys. I have problems coming up with enough things to do if itā€™s going to keep raining. But hopefully I will.

We did slime yesterday, a few months ago we bought one of those ā€œmake your own slimeā€ kits to use a rainy day. Yesterday felt perfectly. The boys where grossed out when all the mixing was done and refused to touch it. And besides the fact that we where having slime almost everywhere, like in the entire kitchen, in our hair, on the floor, chair, benches and untensils it was a fun experiment. We probably wonā€™t do it ever again :joy:

I hope yā€™all is having a wonderful Friday. :hibiscus: And a happy weekend.

34 Likes

Odaat right Ray :pray:

2 Likes

Checking in on day 383, have a great one everybody :v:

29 Likes

My kids love making slime. I buy the kits when I am in a ā€œkids need to experiment and feel things with their handsā€ hippy-mum mood, and then they make it and I get stressed about it getting everywhere, and they donā€™t wash their hands properly, then use towels, so I get hard towels, and I still have tupperware of festering slime that I am not permitted to throw away.

17 Likes

Checking in on day 21. Nervous about holiday weekend trip to visit wifeā€™s family later today. My mother-in-law drives me batty. I am going to go for a long morning bike ride.

31 Likes

Why donā€™t you go for a long evening bike ride? It gives you a reason to stay sober and gets you out of the house at witching hour.

2 Likes

8 days down!

26 Likes

I am super behind on everything after a couple of weeks off the forum but wanted to hop in and say a belated CONGRATULATIONS on that year! :dancing_women::partying_face::dizzy: I hope you treated yourself to something wonderful, you deserve it!

That right alignment will absolutely come, Iā€™m sure of it. The realisation that you get to choose your own path is one that I have found liberating, if terrifying at times! Thank you for sharing your journey here :sparkling_heart:

7 Likes

Have had a wonderful couple of weeks out and about doing lovely stuff with lovely people. While weā€™re not totally free of covid restrictions here yet, being able to meet up with friends and family again has been amazing.

Was at a yoga retreat for the summer solstice and one evening pretty much everyone there had some ā€˜magicā€™ chocolate. I was tempted to try it but Iā€™m glad I didnā€™t. No one got really messed up so there was just a happy vibe and I had a great time sober. I find if the people around me are having fun then I do too. So that was good to have that reinforced in a new situation around a group of people I only just met.

I also navigated a boozy social situation where my bf was there, which is harder for me than usual boozy situations. He got pretty drunk and I got quite frustrated but managed to remind myself that thereā€™s no point applying sober logic to a drunk person. It turned out ok. Might create a separate topic about that later.

In other news, moving somewhere with a bit of land has been a dream of ours for a few years and weā€™ve seen a couple of places that might fit the bill. Donā€™t know if it will come off and, to be honest, how I would feel if it did. Itā€™s funny, just as Iā€™ve started making some peace with life and the situation Iā€™m in, this potential opportunity for a big change has popped up. Iā€™m sure thereā€™s a lesson in there about attachment/ aversion and acceptance!

Of course I have already planned out a whole new life in my mind which doesnā€™t factor in my current inability to stay awake for a whole day or any of the things I still struggle with :rofl: So just need to take it one day at a time and see where it goes. Trusting that everything will turn out however itā€™s meant to.

Currently having a tea break as I write this - today is a long overdue house work day motivated by the fact that we have a friend staying tonight. Lots to do but its already feeling good to get some shit sorted out.

Hopefully will have time for a little nap too :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

34 Likes

Checking in a little later this morning for Day 3.
I was up and ready to tackle the grocery store before the holiday crowd gets there and everything sells out.
Iā€™m feeling a little uncomfortable about the 4th party Iā€™m throwing and wish it wasnā€™t too late to cancel. Iā€™m glad I have so much planned for the event though. Itā€™s reminding me of my late Grandmother who used to host the best cookouts, always so much fun and games for the kids and adults. Most of the family parties these days just involve everyone sitting around and drinking heavily. Honestly theyā€™re a bit boring so I hope this can show them that thereā€™s still plenty of fun to be had with or without booze.

28 Likes

Congratulations on your full week sober :tada:

1 Like

Dedication :joy::kissing_heart:

1 Like

Ahhh thatā€™s lovely of you to say Thankyou :pray:just signed up for membership at my local swimming pool trying to incorporate exercise in from a early stage as I was feeling so weak and being stuck in the house and in my own thoughts was driving me insane, so in my first week Iā€™ve manage to go swimming 3 times and get to an na meeting so Iā€™m more than happy with that BC for 2 weeks prior to that I couldnā€™t even get out of bed and my aniexty was so bad I thought there was damage permanently done to my heart, Iā€™m still dealing with aniexty one good day one not so good day but Iā€™m growing daily atm but Iā€™m happy to take my time and pace myself. Have a lovely weekend :pray:

10 Likes

Day 370, heading to theountains this afternoon! I. So excited for my vacation and we have tons of good fun planned. One advantage to sobriety is knowing I will have energy for my entire vacation and be able to enjoy every day hangover free and remember it all! I hope everyone is having a good sober Friday!

28 Likes

Swimming sounds like such a great way to exercise without putting too much stress on your body, thatā€™s awesome! And I really hear you on the anxiety, I tried to take my dog for a walk yesterday but got overwhelmingly anxious and had to come back inside. I know how much better sobriety feels and that each day will get a little better. Taking time and pacing yourself is a very good reminder for me too, thank you. Hope you enjoy your weekend too :blush:

3 Likes

381 days. Signed my employment contract on Wednesday and am working solo today. I have found comfort in the part-time hours and have even found a sense of security financially. Through this process I have learned that my ā€˜survival tactictsā€™ arenā€™t necessarily a bad thing but acknowledge I need to work through the reasons I cling to them so tightly. Iā€™m still feeling quite anxious about the roommate moving out but am doing my best to take ODAAT and not get wrapped up in all my mindā€™s assumptions. Itā€™s crazy how easily I can play out a scenario with absolutely no faith in myself :relieved:. If I can find and muster my faith, I know my fears will dissipate.
We still need to find a new babysitter and I was really hoping to do so before next week. We would really like to be able to tell our current sitter that we no longer need her and not need her to return. Needing someone who is unreliable has been so frustrating. I will pray on it and send my request to the universe :pray:

30 Likes