Checking in daily to maintain focus #31 (Part 2)

Getting increasingly uncomfortable on the streets by bike. Almost it would have happened today. I was on a turning main road and some asshole came from the right without even looking to the left where I came. I followed him as he was about to park his car. Made sign to turn down his window looking like :open_mouth:
I started to yell the traffic regulations at him. His answer was: yeah. No excuse, no nothing. Bastard. I am sure I will be killed or involved in an accident. Its getting worse. And I cannot have my eyes everywhere. I need additional eyes.

33 Likes

What an ass, jeez

4 Likes

Checking in at the end of day 180.
180 feels like a substantial number. Iā€™m happy with that.
Today is Golden Friday. The best day of the year for anyone in education. The start of a 7 week holiday. :boom::muscle:t2:
It is compromised this year by the fact that we canā€™t travel and that Singapore is in partial lockdown, but it is still great.
It provides a big challenge to sobriety though. Iā€™ve felt it today.
Still, Iā€™m going to bed sober, so things have started well.
Have a great sober day, wherever you are.
Goodnight. :zzz::sleeping:

32 Likes

Hit the old 400 today :grin:

46 Likes

Lmao @Girlinterrupted you crack me up!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl: I have to admit Iā€™m officially addicted to the meme thread, I might have to add it to my daily counter lol. I freaking love it, everyone is so freaking funny!!! :rofl:

Anyway, day 385 clean and sober today. Showed up on the job site at 6:00am and after an hour the Superintendent kicked us loose for the rest of the day with pay!!! I was sooooo tired from the new sleep medicine that they put me on that I almost called off work today but I told my brain to stfu lol and went anyway. What a pleasant surprise. It reminds of I think an old AA/NA sayingā€¦ ā€œsuit up and show up, God will do the restā€. I hope everyone has a wonderful day today, I really love you guys a lot!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

17 Likes

Nice job Joe!!! HAHAHAHA :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Girl, you got this! I got you!! :heartpulse:
Plus itā€™s super fun to people watch haha. I realized when I started people watching that sure, some people got hammered, but most didnā€™t. It was just me. I thought I was keeping up with everyone lol. Ah, the drunken mind is a joke yo!

6 Likes

Day 338
Not excited for this weekend. Not a fan of being around groups of drunk people as it is, even more so when they are playing with fireworks.
@icebear Im also getting out for a long morning bike. Be safe out there! Iā€™m already seeing way too many people posting on social media that they have begun day drinking.

Saw this on IG this morning between all the nonsense:

27 Likes

Dear TS friends, may all your shores stay calm and peaceful today.

23 Likes

Iā€™m proud of you Beth :slight_smile:

1 Like

YOU my friend are the first to catch on. I was not prepared for this moment. I have no award to show my gratitude and appreciation. But you won the invisible award!! :joy:

5 Likes

Lmao YAY ME :rofl:!!! :dart::100::100::100::grin::grin::grin:

3 Likes

You had me really fucking confused a while ago. I thought I had mixed you up with someone else called Beth, until I saw someone else call you Beth :joy:

4 Likes

Youā€™re so right! I mean I do have a lot of heavy drinkers in my familyā€¦ slurring, falling, and nodding off is not unusual - itā€™s part of what made me think my drinking was normal for so long. But also many that will come and not drink, or just have 1 or 2 throughout the whole afternoon. Iā€™ll be super busy cooking and playing games but will definitely be checking in throughout the day. I appreciate you!

3 Likes

I have to wait 5 days and Iā€™ll have a new one. Itā€™s what it is. In fact losing it is a blessing in disguise, as today might have been the best day of the year for a bike ride to the beach. Around 20C, a mix of sun and clouds, not much wind and what wind there was, was blowing from the sea so biking home I had it in my back. Just an awesome day all around.

21 Likes

Checking in on day 19, quiet one today, which I like . Looking forward to a alcohol free weekend , happy Friday all :sunflower:

26 Likes

Checking in on day 59. Nothing much to share atm. Wishing you a whatever you need this evening. Much love.

27 Likes

@DLS congrats on 13 months :tada: sorry youā€™re struggling, sending strength :blue_heart:
@anon9289869 congrats on 11 months :tada:
@Its_me_Stella congrats on 550 days :tada:
@Lilemm congrats on your week :tada:
@Loops welcome to the thread :slightly_smiling_face: and congrats on 92 days :tada:
@icebear congrats on 3 weeks :tada: sending strength for the weekend ahead :pray:t2:
@vaariesga have a great vacation :blush:
@Squirt thank you, at the moment I have to weigh every week for therapy, might try to only do it monthly when Iā€™m flying solo though. I hope you find a babysitter :crossed_fingers:t2::pray:t2:
@anon74766472 sorry the roads are so dangerous :pensive:
@Girlinterrupted congrats on 400 days :tada:

326 days no alcohol.
294 days no cocaine.
20 days no binge-eating.

Still craving yum yums, feel worried that I may cave on my birthday this Sunday and order them, part of me thinks it would be okay as a one-off because itā€™s not like Iā€™ll be having cake, but I really donā€™t want to reset or risk triggering a whole bingeing cycle. I should have discussed it with the therapist but I didnā€™t think.

Made it back to the gym and swimming today, pleased about that after therapy day off. Itā€™s been very humid here today so I was already sweating before I left home, I didnā€™t feel like putting my gym clothes on and getting even more sweaty, but Iā€™m glad I did, Iā€™m probably alone on this but I often wish the swimming pool was colder :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

26 Likes

8 days and 20 hours so heading into day 9 I geuss lol, time really seems like itā€™s just flying by. Itā€™s a rainy crappy day in good ole tupper lake, the girls got both theyre new babies today, Iā€™m gonna clean the house in a little bit or clean it to the best of my ability itā€™s wild how hard of a task it is for me to clean to with my ADHD. I get so lost and side tracked and just confused on where stuff should go. But it is what it is, Iā€™m gonna crank the tunes and do what I can, and then maybe draw some stuff up. Hope everyone has a good day

30 Likes

Just hit day 3 and my god the difference in how I have felt today compared to Wednesday is nuts! Had a few longing pangs around 5/6pm but shut them down and now Iā€™m looking forward to day 4! X

29 Likes