Checking in daily to maintain focus #31 (Part 1)

About to finish day 1 in 3 more hours.

20 Likes

Congratulations on one year Rob. You are so incredibly strong :muscle:t3: So proud of you! :clap:t3::confetti_ball::tada:

1 Like

Checking in on 16 months AF today~ Today was a beautiful day here. Spent the morning doing some cleaning and errands for the shop. Later spent the day on the boat. It was nice. Sun :sunny: was out and it felt like how a Sunday in mid June in New England should feel like. We had my sons girlfriends graduation :woman_student:t4: party tonight. My husband decided to drink. Remind you he hasnā€™t drank since I stopped. Heā€™s never been much of a drinker. Iā€™m not gonna lie Iā€™m not really a fan of it but I know I only have control over my own self and my own choices and actions. I was quickly reminded why I hate when he drinks. Frankly once he starts he wants to keep going. He asked if I would run into one of the local restaurants to get him some Mai tais to go. Apparently they do that since Covid. I told him no. I do not feel comfortable doing that. He tried to make me feel bad at first like oh come on. I had to be stern and stand my ground. I explained how I donā€™t care if he drinks but I do not want any part of it. That includes ā€œjust runningā€ in for him to grab the drinks. I did not feel comfortable doing that not because I was afraid I would want one but more because thatā€™s not me anymore. I do not want to associate with alcohol at all. Thatā€™s including buying it. He seemed annoyed about it at first but I didnā€™t care. I feel proud of myself that I stood my ground. Tonight was ironically the 16 month anniversary of when I began my sober journey and shown how far I have come. Iā€™m a changed woman in so many ways. No matter how badly I want to please the people around me I cannot sacrifice my own boundaries or standards I have for myself. I live for myself first. The best part of it allā€¦. Is that the people around me are learning I will no longer sacrifice my own peace and happiness for them or put their needs above my own. Itā€™s a hard lesson for all but one that is so valuable. Sobriety has given me so much more than my voice back. Itā€™s given me self respect, love, peace, and happiness.

Make yourself proud because at the end of the day you are living for you. Itā€™s your life. Live it for you.

:v:t3::heart::blush:

38 Likes

Day 349.
A good day. Lots of thoughts as I puttered, about approaching one year. Alas, Iā€™m full of good fatigue after the day! Will continue to ponder. For now tho, itā€™s time to turn in.
Looking forward to sharing another one with you all tomorrow.
Gā€™night friends, sweet sober dreams and days to all. :orange_heart:

@C_8 yay! congrats on catching those numbers! oh, and on 600 days of sobriety tooā€¦! :smile:

@Mbwoman yay triple digits! way to go, friend!

@Soundlab two weeks! yer getting your sober surfing legs back, friend!

@Becsta one week + and no cigs! youā€™re doing it! :+1:

@icebear and @Fnkychic and @Jdiaz Good to see you all here. Facing forward and into the day, away from the yesterdays, letā€™s do this togetherā€¦

30 Likes

Fabulous! Congratulations :clap:

2 Likes

Thank you so much Courtney! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

1 Like

Great numbers Cate!!
Congratulations!! :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

6 Likes

Super proud of you on your One Year and going forward! I wish you continued success, and for your days to be the best that they can be. Lots of admiration from here. @Rockstar24777

3 Likes

It seems like I see individual personalities in each! Happy for you @apes2020

2 Likes

Itā€™s hard to relapse. But Iā€™m glad you are here and working hard to try to understand the ā€œwhyā€.
Like someone else on this tread already mentioned: if you learn from it, itā€™s not all for nothing. Writing it down can clear things and you can read it back when you need it. Maybe put a copie of it in your wallet so you can read it when you need it?

You are a strong lady, so get a toothpick and go for it :facepunch::wink::facepunch:

6 Likes

Fabulous! Congratulations @Dragonflygirl82! Your transformation over the past 16 months has been amazing to watch. Thank you for sharing your journey. Itā€™s been a pleasure getting to know you and Iā€™m happy to call you my friend. Love you Sis :kissing_heart:
congratulations

6 Likes

Thank you very much @Alisa I really appreciate that! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

1 Like

That is one of the most adorable things Iā€™ve ever seen April! How cute!!!

4 Likes

2 weeks sober!! :hugs::partying_face::partying_face:

19 Likes

Awesome job standing your ground Courtney and congratulations on 16 months!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

4 Likes

Day 60!!!
Iā€™m thrilled. Though I slept in just now and have missed time for morning pilates - must have needed the rest. Have great days!

29 Likes

2nd check in today for cigarettes. Day 8 and really struggling. I know they are ā€˜onlyā€™ cigarettes, a relapse wonā€™t impact on my life the way alcohol did but financially they were killing me. Over here they cost $28 for pack 20. Times that by 7ā€¦ ridiculous. Sooooo hard though. I hate em but miss em sooooo much argh!!!

27 Likes

Day 29 still doing ok. Felt really good for the first 3 weeks sober but this past week has been a struggle for a number of different reasons/triggers but resisted any urges.
Well done @Becsta keep it up

25 Likes

@apes2020 Iā€™ll be cursing :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: you today :rofl:

24 Likes

Thanks Seb youā€™ve done awesome pushing through your lows too. Iā€™ve just jumped on the treadmill for 30 min to run the grrrrr out of me :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::joy:

4 Likes