Checking in daily to maintain focus #32

24 Likes

@050NI Congratulations! Great job!

@TMAC That makes me so worried for my son. Maybe the fact he has been diagnosed will help him avoid that path.

@icebear Congratulations!

5 Likes

Day 380

Tick, tick ticking along. Corona is exploding in Japan, and cases among children are rising sharply, and schools go back in a week and a half. My worrywort side takes over sometimes, but trying to stay positive.
Eating has not been great lately, but again, trying to stay positive and get back on track asap.

22 Likes

Check out the book (comes in Audio book as well) “Untethered Soul”. It really helps with the inner/worryside voice.

3 Likes

Checking in on a sober and sleepy night. I feel like I am hitting my stride this week and am have my shit together. Good news on my dog and at work today and am on day 3 of having dinner fully organized and made so that my 30 minute dinner break with my son is spent relaxing and eating with him, not scrambling around and hurrying through it all. Also, I am a little nervous about his weekend and the few days after as it will be awesome, but the time off and feeling of accomplishment sometimes leads to urges to drink. I am starting to think through filling my toolbox with people to call, things to do, and ways to stock the house so I am all set.

@CATMANCAM - your posts are amazing and I appreciate all you share. You’ve mentioned starting a diet at a few times and I wonder if thinking about it in terms of making sustainable, lifelong changes over time to your nutrition may be easier to transition into than thinking in terms of a diet that always has that icky restrictive feel to it. Just wondered if that may be another approach. Or I may be way outta my league! :slightly_smiling_face:

Take care y’all and peace :v:

12 Likes

Thank you! I had not really thought about Al-Anon as an option. He did not even seem to remember the weirdness of our conversation last night… I woke up to found that a Powerade had been drank during the night (tell tale sign of trying to cure a hangover) and he did say that he drank too much. Most of the time if he drinks it does not bother me and he doesn’t take it too far, but then when it happens it really throws me off because I’m just in a different place. There’s also been an increase in drinking lately and I’ve noticed it as a more regular occurrence. Talking about it with people through Al-Anon may be helpful.

Seeing your reply earlier today made me reflect on an experience I had with Al-Anon years ago. This would have been the summer of 2014. I started dating a guy who I really liked and we were having a fun time. After about two weeks, while we were both very drunk, he told me that he was an alcoholic and that he knew things were getting bad for him and that if he disappeared it meant he was in rehab. It threw me off balance so much and I wasn’t sure what to do. The next day, still dehydrated and hungover from our night of heavy drinking, I went to an Al-Anon meeting on a recommendation of a mentor I had at the time. It was an incredibly profound experience to hear people share and be raw and open and honest with one another. And to share my story and confusion and have people just listen to me. I stopped drinking briefly and went to a few more meetings. The guy was out of my life within a week, but the meetings were so helpful, even just thinking about the alcoholism in my family and how it impacted me. I think the reason I didn’t keep going was because I knew if I were to keep it up I’d have to seriously face my own drinking and would end up going to Alcoholics Anonymous and actually quit drinking for real. Even though I took a brief gap from alcohol, I didn’t keep it up. I wasn’t ready to actually look at my own drinking and how it impacted my life and those around me.

I really hadn’t thought about those meetings in a long time, so thank you for reminding of them. It was a powerful experience and I felt so grateful that at a moment of crisis and confusion I could walk into a meeting within an hour and be welcomed by strangers. Even though it was short-lived, I feel like it was an important step in my own sobriety that came years later – that it planted a seed and made an impact in my life.

9 Likes

Checking in Day 24 AF and Day 270 no weed. It’s a milestone on the app, so what is 270 days – nine months?? That’s awesome. I’m so glad I made the choice to cut cannabis out of my life. The first month was really hard (especially because I had just relapsed for several days and was quitting alcohol again) but once I cleared those first few weeks I really started to see and celebrate the difference I felt in no longer smoking weed or eating edibles. The clarity of mind I experience without cannabis is something I never want to give up again.

I have to admit that there is a part of me that is…bummed isn’t exactly the right word, but somewhat disappointed that for so long my count of days for alcohol was just one off from my days for weed, but now there is such a gap because of one night I gave in three weeks ago. At that the same time, I learned a lot from my recent relapse and my resolve is so much stronger, my appreciation of sobriety feels more natural and genuine and I know that if I had not slipped up, I’d still be struggling with feeling like I was missing out or yearning to be the type of person who could just have one drink every once in a while. The relapse revealed something about who I am in relation to alcohol and what alcohol truly is – poison. It shifted something in me. So in that sense, I am grateful for the experience.

22 Likes

Almost missed this one :sweat_smile:
Congratulations with the :seven::zero::zero: days Joost! :confetti_ball:
milestone

9 Likes

Wow! Look at all that money you saved! :astonished::facepunch:

1 Like

You forgot the best part.

Didn’t pick up :heavy_check_mark:
Sounds like another win.
Way to go Matt.
:pray:t2::heart:

5 Likes

Congratulations on our 700 days OPW.
Nice number.
:boom::boom::boom::boom::boom::boom::boom:

1 Like

You are amazing!!! Congratulations!

giphy

5 Likes

Checking in checking out 601
No sugar 13
Thanks for all the love yesterday.
And always. :pray:t2::heart:

Sometimes y’all forget you’re awesome, so this is your reminder. :hugs:

16 Likes

Aww…. Thanks buddy
:pray:t2::heart:

2 Likes

Congratulations on 700 days @050Nl!
I forgot how close our sobriety dates are.
yay ballons

4 Likes
  1. Finishing my coffee. Did what I set out to do yesterday, calculating my max cycling heart rate by doing some rather heavy exercise. I could have stuck to the standard formula for it because it came down to exactly the same number. Well, it was a nice ride anyway. And I wrote my bestie after. No answer yet so we’ll see about that. I do feel good about it.
    Today is therapy day. Actually looking forward to it. When that happens usually it will be a difficult session :sunglasses:. Anyway. I’m clean and sober. I feel pretty good. have as goods a day as you all can friends. Love from my bike ride yesterday.
24 Likes

16 Likes

Whooooooo hooooo! Congrats!! Keep us posted on what they say. I’m sure you can’t wait to put this all behind you. You’re a total badass and have dealt with so much already :muscle:. Sending all my love and prayers :white_heart::pray::white_heart:

1 Like

Good morning friends, day 285! This morning I did what I’ve been fearing all week. With Michael away for a short trip out to sea, we’ve been picking up David for breakfast and then taking him to his preschool. I woke up with my alarm at 6 and then promptly fell back asleep. I woke again at 630, when I would normally be arriving at Emily’s house.

No big deal as schedules are flexible in the morning, but now I had to deal with the thousands of school busses in my path with this later start…

OK, things are back to normal and running smoothly and quietly.

Today will be full of meetings but not too bad.

Have an awesome day! I am going to do mine sober!

14 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 438 today. I hope everyone has a good sober day!

12 Likes