Checking in daily to maintain focus #32

Checking in grateful to be sober and present. Will be getting ready for the overnight shift soon. Packed up a healthy vegetarian lunch to bring… wanted to exercise but twisted my ankle (while sober!) the other day and it is still sore so I have a good excuse not to. :grin: will get after it again soon. Have a lovely sober night everyone. :two_hearts:

16 Likes

23 months (oops I originally put 22). I tried so hard to stay up late last night to catch the whole number but fell asleep just long enough to miss it. Then couldn’t get back to sleep because of that lil power nap.

I made it a point to keep my personal life separate from professional when I started at my current employer (shortly after getting sober). A coworker is talking about me and saying things that aren’t true about my family. Now I’m concerned others are going to believe her and lose respect for me. I’ve learned in sobriety, what others think about me is none of my business but I can’t accept that in this situation. I really liked going to work up until this shit started. I know it’s only happening because of jealousy. I’ll never understand why someone has to tear another down to try and make themselves look better. Eventually, people will see through this horrible person. In the meantime. I’ll suffer in silence while I continue to work hard at being a star employee.

33 Likes

Way to go
Cate!!

It would have driven you bonkers to miss that one wouldn’t it :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Congratulations on your 666 days of freedom.

4 Likes

Congratulations on your 700 days :boom::boom::boom::boom::boom: 22 months Lisa.
Oh so close :grimacing:
:pray:t2::heart::rofl:

9 Likes

Congratulations Charlie’s she’s a dolly :revolving_hearts:

1 Like

Amazing :star_struck: congratulations Lisa!! :clap:t3: :muscle:t3::yellow_heart: you are an inspiration to many. So happy to have you in my life. Sista sista :revolving_hearts:

4 Likes

Absolutely!!! I missed all the 5’s, turned my back for a second and got 555.56. Was not going to let this one get past me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::partying_face::+1:

6 Likes

I remember that. I believe you took it on the chin and posted it anyway. :muscle: didn’t you?

4 Likes

Fixed it for you Sis :+1::point_down: Huge congratulations :+1::partying_face::kissing_heart:

Sorry about the shitty work person. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::hugs:

21 Likes

:joy: You’re the best, Sis! Thank you!!

5 Likes

Yes, but with a minor, uhmn, edit. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

7 hundo club. Congrats Lisa. :clap: I’m sorry about your shitty coworker, karma will get them. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Wow!!! 700 days!!! I hope you feel proud of every single one of those days and you are correct - everyone will eventually see the truth about that person. Stay strong. :muscle:

2 Likes

Checking in on another big ole sober day!! It feel so good bringing a day to closure peacefully with content and resolve as opposed to a chaotic but weary mind. Feels great to know that I can tackle a lot tomorrow because I will be rested and focused without so much self doubt (although there is definitely still a good bit remaining but workin on it). No urges today to drink, but that is only for today and I know I have to recommit every hour of tomorrow. Thanks for being here - peace y’all.

16 Likes

Checking in before bed on Day 18 no alcohol / Day 264 no weed

Kinda can’t believe it’s almost nine months without consuming any form of cannabis! One of the reasons I stopped smoking was to help with abstaining from alcohol. I had tried quitting drinking and not weed before and it seemed a lot easier to slip back into drinking when I was still getting high. So I decided to try something different and stop smoking too. Even though I recently relapsed on alcohol, I know that by stopping weed it has really helped along the way and was a big part of how I got almost 8.5 months without drinking. And now I have developed an aversion to weed in my mind. The smell doesn’t really bother me or even being around it – where I live it’s legal and people are pretty casual about it. But when I think about smoking it really holds no appeal to me. The very thought makes me feel sluggish. It makes me wonder how much I ever actually liked the feeling of being high to begin with or how much I was just seeking out an alternate experience to my natural state and took what was easily available. I think this is a significant change that I’m noticing – getting at the root of why I would drink or smoke at the first place as an attempt to get away from just everyday experience. By focusing on engaging with everyday experience for what it is and not trying to change it or escape from it, I’ve been able to lessen my desire to drink or do drugs. The natural state is inherently magical and beautiful as it is. And then of course, there are a lot more ways to alter my consciousness that have nothing to do with drugs, don’t leave my mind clouded, and can even be good for my body and mind – dreaming, lucid dreams, meditation, breathing techniques, yoga, exercise, eating spicy foods (haha). I know a lot of people think weed is harmless and while it might be physically safer than a lot of other drugs, it’s just not for me. The same loop happens as with alcohol – when I start, I’m not going to stop. I’m off that ride now…

22 Likes

Day 384 having a lot of mood swings very up and down somedays I’m fine somedays I really fucking hate myself and my life , it’s a shitty mindset that I’m working through and each time I work through I get better at it. No one ever said this was easy then again if I knew it was a challenge to figure out all the problems that pushed you into addiction in the first place I wouldn’t have done it. So for the uncertainty I’m truly grateful because even though it sucks somedays, the days that suck are worth it because that is when the most growth is happening. Love you guys :metal:

24 Likes

Yay, glad to hear you’re doing OK @anon9289869! :hugs: That is some amazing resolve you have to hand out finish line beers and still protect your sobriety. Rock on.

Huge congratulations on 700 days @Lisa07! That is some serious work!

Just got done with an alcohol-free dinner party. So grateful for coherent conversations and genuine connections. Sure, I’m awkward turtle without the social lubricant, but I am learning how to be OK with that.

14 Likes

@Lisa07 Congratulations! So proud of you, for your sobriety and also for your personal development that you can deal with crappy people at work.

@ C_8 LOL

2 Likes

Congrats Lisa on 700 days!!!
Darkness always comes to light, this person will be figured out in no time!!! Just keep being the :star: that you are. :heart:

4 Likes

Day 6. Outside the gym, had the best nights sleep last night and feel pretty damn good today :grin:. It’s Friday and I have a lovely little sober weekend planned. Have a great sober day everyone

18 Likes