Checking in daily to maintain focus #32

235 days

Doing ok, off to wales nr Snowdonia again with my son and dog for a few days, need head space and see some beautiful scenary.

Weel done @C_8 for the great catch :clap: @Charlie_C gorgeous photos of you, Linda and granddaughter
Have a good day all

23 Likes

2TJn2pyTkFEu4

Wooooo, you caught it!!!
Nice one Cate.
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::kissing_heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

That is so BADASS and spot on Stella. Youā€™re a fucking miracle, no doubt about it!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2::heart:

3 Likes

1108 days alcohol free.

21 Likes

Hereā€™s to day one without alcohol. I hope Iā€™m back here every day, forever. Iā€™m worried about how Iā€™ll get to sleep tonight. I canā€™t remember the last time I fell asleep naturally and am afraid of what kind of dreams that Iā€™ll have because I know Iā€™ll remember them and back when I did fall asleep naturally ( many many years ago) I always had nightmares. I hate how it feels to admit that. Very scary.

18 Likes

Hereā€™s to you Kimberly! Welcome to the forum and welcome to your personal journey towards a better life. Thanks for your honesty. We all need honesty to make this work. And yes , it is scary. We all been there and we all know how scary it is. One other thing I know is that we canā€™t do it alone. So Iā€™m happy you are here. Together we can make it. Together we are strong. So hope to see a lot more from you, sharing, commenting, supporting, being supported. Or if thatā€™s too much maybe just hanging out with us all here. It all helps. Wishing you all success lady.

12 Likes

Thank you @Its_me_Stella Iā€™d been watching my counter for hours! :sweat_smile::joy::+1:

6 Likes

69, dudes!!!

5k3zz0

20 Likes

That is exactly the number Iā€™m trying to avoid in a couple of days lolā€¦ congrats tho

2 Likes

Haha!! My husband told me to avoid it. I was like ā€œhell noā€ :sweat_smile::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::+1:

7 Likes

Bad juju :scream::scream::scream::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::wink:

4 Likes

Day 1019. Checking out sober. No intention to change that.

20 Likes

Day 386
Havenā€™t been on the past week. @icebear Thanks for the tag on the other thread and dragging me back here/out of my funk. Got back Monday night after being out of town in Minnesota and jumped right into my work week. It was a very busy long weekend and I completely burned myself out but still sober which feels like a miracle.

My shift handing out finish line beers at Day Across Minnesota was supposed to be 11am - 4pm but got caught up seeing old friends & cheering on the racers that I kept helping until around 8pm. The beers they had were tallboys that we were pouring off into pint glasses. I handed the extra of the can off to the racers but a lot of the other volunteers were chugging the little sips left rather frequently and some of them ended up a bit tipsy. If I wasnā€™t sober I probably wouldā€™ve ended up more than just tipsy and made a fool of myself in front of a large number of old friends and acquaintances. Instead I felt helpful and really enjoyed being able to refill water and support those that were turning around to continue the double distance.

A lot of other things that went on over the past week but I will keep it brief for now. Too far behind on everyone elseā€™s posts to ever dream of getting caught up but Iā€™ve kept yall in my thoughts and I hope youā€™re doing well.

27 Likes

Day 5.6 :smiley: feeling good. Went to my second aerial hoop session tonight also! Hurting now but feel super proud. No way id be doing it if hungover!

20 Likes

30 Likes

Checking in sober day 319. Been looking ahead to the one year mark. Iā€™ll catch myself say x more days. I guess thatā€™s normal, but I really have all my days left, not just those. Today Iā€™ll just worry about this day.

I caught myself talking about a restaurant, and went straight to the beer tap. It brought on a strong urge. I played the tape forward and reminded myself all the ways my life is better now because I donā€™t drink.

24 Likes

@beachmouse
That sounds like an impressive mindset change in 11 days!

4 Likes

Woo hoo! You got it! @C_8! Iā€™m so jealous Sisā€¦I tried and missed the last number. :joy: I donā€™t know how you guys do it.

happy dance

7 Likes

@Lisa07 ā€¦ Set my alarm for 5am (coz Iā€™m crap at math) then 4 hours checking my phone :rofl::partying_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Youā€™ve caught some good ones too!
BTW, hubby loved the gif :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Whoah @Charlie_C How awesome is that screenshot :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like