Checking in daily to maintain focus #33

Thanks for the tip, Eric. I’m really looking forward to tonight. Our local theater group is fantastic. This is their first event since covid started.

4 Likes

whoop!! whoop!! Great work :+1:

1 Like

That’s for Kimberly add @MolotovMoxie to that last post.
I was just bumping that over for the new kid because the old thread closed.

2 Likes

Checking in on one week sober. My addict voice was so mellow today, but really ramped up tonight.

Had to keep saying, “Under any and all circumstances” over and over.

Really frustrating after having such a strong day. Good food, productive work, exhausting exercise class.

17 Likes

Congratulations on nailing that first week Tim.
:pray:t2::heart:

5 Likes

Ahhhhh the first week of many first weeks. I’ll take the high five once I make it to 30 though :blush:

5 Likes

I know you have a few more days than a week :rofl: although don’t get too cocky.

2 Likes

Starting over. Back in treatment. 6 days sober. 🤷

21 Likes

Day 25 without alcohol / Day 271 without cannabis

Pretty great today. I subbed a yoga class at a senior community center this morning — first time at this center and first time teaching a senior class (though I do have regular yoga students in this demographic). I loved it! Everyone was so friendly and welcoming. I practiced along with them and by the end I just felt so relaxed and refreshed. I am just getting back into teaching yoga again after a long hiatus during the pandemic. We were masked, which I was unsure how it feel to give verbal instructions and be moving physically for an hour, but it was fine. I received good feedback from everyone and I hope they’ll invite me back again to teach!

One of my first long intentional breaks from alcohol actually took place during my yoga teacher training. I stopped because of an upsetting incident of blacking out and stumbling around my apartment in the middle of the night. Once I started the break, I realized I felt better and my mind and body felt more clear for my yoga teacher training. I made it almost two months without alcohol. It’s all part of the journey…

After teaching this morning, my boyfriend and I took the sailboat out. I’m slowly learning some basics even though it makes me nervous. My favorite part of sailing is that we have a rope tied to back of the boat, so I’ll hop out, hold onto the rope and get pulled through the water. It feels so amazing, like flying.

26 Likes

Checking in sleepy and sober. I feel like I talked so much with work tonight that I cannot bear to listen to the sound of my own voice any more today :grimacing:. It was a very productive day and I feel good about how I handled myself and the choices I made, with the exception of lunch. It was not healthy and very convenient. I am just glad that guilty pleasure of convenience was of the not alcoholic variety.

I am enjoying my new audiobook and learning so much about the brain balance of pleasure and pain and how that relates to addiction. It is helping me to piece together parts of my life and experiences that I feel so shameful about, and relate them a bit to my body trying to reach equilibrium with every desperate act it can muster. Sometimes I am disgusted by the thoughts, sometimes I am bewildered wondering who is/was that person?? I guess that is my addict. Still learning - ever a student of this stuff. Thanks for being here and for all of your shares. Helps immensely.

26 Likes

I woke up at 5am today.

Meditated. Then I was at the grocery store at 6am when it opened. There is something very satisfying about being in a grocery store at opening time when the store is quiet :thinking:

Had my coffee. Then packed the almonds and went down to the lake to find mr floofy and family.

I found them. I sat on the grass and played with them for an hour.

I found a nest as well where one of the couples just had babies. They were at the top of a palm tree. The mum flew down to see me and to eat almonds and have a chat , then flew back up to the babies… il follow there progress and see if I get to see them when they first emerge :heart:

Then I walked 7ks and did 12 thousand steps.

I’m really enjoying the extra long walks lately because it tires me out so by the time I get home , im not hypo or manic so I don’t have using urges or cravings… This routine seems to be working for me… But my thighs are completely turned to jello! They are so wobbly from walking so much that they gave way on me while I was crossing the road :joy:

Going to just chill with YouTube and read for the rest of the day :heart:

31 Likes

Yoga and sailboats ! Amazing :heart:

1 Like

take a high five on day 8, take another on day 9, take two on day 10, everyday is a reason to celebrate sobriety. You won’t see a 30 without them :+1:

11 Likes

Morning all . Day 200 for me which is a nice number . Going well , off work today so have a nice 4 day weekend with the bank holiday on Monday . Some days I still miss the alcohol well the idea of a nice civilised drink anyway but then I just think -tough you can’t do that so don’t give it any more brain space . This sober life is so much better and that’s the main thing.
Going to Liverpool tomorrow with my partner , a nice day shopping , museum, nice lunch somewhere and back home .
Hope everyone has a lovely weekend :blush:

37 Likes

Congratulations on your 200 Days Julie.
Sober life is so much better. Enjoy yourself in Liverpool.

7 Likes

Checking in sober for 1069 consecutive days sober, nice.

I had a pretty intense day today, glad it is over.

Good night.

Stay beautiful gang :wink:

24 Likes

Welcome to the 200 club!!!

6 Likes

Checking in, going to be 3 weeks today. Felt a little out of my self lately, so not much updating from me. Feel better after Covid vaccine today. Need to bring my daugther to doctor, she have some reaction from a bugbite or something. And need to bring my son for Covid test, he have sore troat and is not allowed at school then.

25 Likes

Great job on the 3 weeks. :boom: I pray your kids will be ok.
So good you can be sober to take care of them when they’re hurt and sic. Glad you checked in.

5 Likes

It sure makes it a lot easier to be present and all there for them sober :grinning:

4 Likes