Checking in daily to maintain focus #33

Day 29.57 alcohol free. 3 weeks 17 hours nicotine free.

21 Likes

Thank you very much Fleur I appreciate that

1 Like

Thank you Sarah :heart:

2 Likes

Havenā€™t checked in for a while. Some of yā€™all know Iā€™m on the gratitude thread everyday. God bless you all. :v: & :heart:

p.s. You are absolutely amazing. Ya you!!

24 Likes

If you want to get sober, truly sober, and want this, you need to check into a rehab. Have you been to a meeting yet? Either virtual or in-person?

6 Likes

Those numbers are looking positively beautiful! :grin: Love it!

2 Likes

It is exhaustingā€¦ and itā€™s just going to get worse.

6 Likes

I canā€™t like this post.

You arenā€™t a scumbag, you are a caring, thoughtful, beautiful human who I adore and am so grateful to have in my life.

Some days are shit and they can make us question who we are as a person. If you take all the outside influences away and just look at you , your core human being I know you can recognize your goodness. So fuck everyone else and what they say or do. As we heal Danni we are learning that people donā€™t say and do shit because of usā€¦ they are reacting to what is happening inside of their own being. Try not to forget that, try to be kinder to yourself, you definitely deserve it.

Congrats on your non smoking days.
:orange_heart::sunflower::orange_heart:

15 Likes

7 months and two days sober and cigarette free and celibate :tada:
1 year clean :soap:
6 months off Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
2.5 months off of Coffee
1 week off of pop
Making the most out of my isolation and getting better ā¤ļøā€šŸ©¹

17 Likes

Congrats!!! Thatā€™s a lot of work!!!
904A44E8-E915-414C-9EDA-F0184229EB99

2 Likes

Thanks so very much very sweet :blush::tada::heart::birthday::pray:t4::100:

I can only imagine the pain youā€™ve felt over losing Corey. They say time heals all wounds, but the scars from something like this never truly go away.

3 Likes

@LMolier1124 sending strength :blue_heart::pray:t2:
@Its_me_Stella thank you :blue_heart: congrats on 3 weeks sugar free and 4 months no SIB :tada: proud of you :blush:
@Tim904 congrats on your week :tada:
@Julied congrats on 200 days :tada: I hope Liverpool was nice :blush:
@Wakikki congrats on 3 weeks :tada: I hope your children are okay, prayers :pray:t2:
@Hopeful777 congrats on 8 months :tada: glad you had a nice time in Wales :blush:
@Rockstar24777 sending strength, death anniversaries are rough, they would be so proud of you :blue_heart:
@anon27760155 I hope your feelings towards yourself are kinder tomorrow :pray:t2: I donā€™t believe you are scum for a single second :blue_heart:
@anon74766472 enjoy your two weeks off :blush:
@Shebadica congrats on all of these milestones, you must feel so much better :raised_hands:t2::tada:

382 days no alcohol.
350 days no cocaine.
4 days no binge-eating.

Somehow Iā€™ve made it through some really strong compulsive urges to go get crisps to binge. I woke up at 11pm last night and havenā€™t been able to get back to sleep since, which hasnā€™t helped at all. Today was also the first day of not having a proper meal at lunch.

My best friend randomly messaged me saying she was taking one of her service users to the supermarket near me (it has many shops within the centre as well as a supermarket), so she asked if I wanted to meet them there, and I did, it was truly wonderful to see her, she is struggling at the moment and still drinking and smoking cannabis heavily, and struggling with the opposite end of the eating disorder spectrum, I am praying for her :pray:t2:

Itā€™s much easier during sections of the day where my addict voice is quiet, I feel like a totally different person than when itā€™s compelling me to act on its urges, they are very frequent at the moment but Iā€™m proud of myself for managing to ignore them so far. I accept that I can no longer have any foods that I really want, the ā€˜triggerā€™ foods, and I feel hopefully that I will actually manage to lose a good amount of weight over the remaining months of 2021.

26 Likes

Checking in. Day 4 for me. The cravings are crazy today. Have to be mindful and try to reset my mind on something else.

18 Likes

I feel the level of abuse you are having with substances around my food intake right now. My addict is having its way with me. So I get it, one day itā€™s OK and then the next itā€™s fucking not. The problem is we are both playing with fire, we are both knowingly handing our lives back over to addiction. Where is the sense in that? I ask myself so oftenā€¦ ā€œwhat the fuck are you doing???ā€ This is the true insanity of our disease the knowing how we can end our suffering and not having the willingness to do that EVERYDAY. We need to be willing everyday to hand our control over to something so much bigger than ourselves because at this point in both of our lives we cant seem to make very good choicesā€¦
I have taken a referal to an eating disorder clinic because I want freedom from my disease, I am sick of suffering. Arenā€™t you?

17 Likes

Hey congratulations on 200 days @Julied! And 3 weeks @Wakikki.

@anon27760155 I hate to see you down on yourself, but I know that voice. Donā€™t listen to it. I really hope you feel better tomorrow. :heartpulse:

Good on you for resisting those urges, @CATMANCAM. Each win makes us a little stronger!

5 Likes

43 days of no alcohol. Tuff times as I have had some type of sickness bug.

14 Likes

ooo the good old 3 or 4 days mark, itā€™s an absolute bitch, once you get through this you can do anything. Congratulations BTW your doing great :+1:

5 Likes

341 days and coming out the other side of my depression. The mind is a funny bit of kit bc somethings in my life are still quite bad but what I can change I have changed so now everything else seems a lot easier to deal with. Best bit is got through it all sober. The support you guys give on here at times when people need it is priceless I just wish everyone listened to it but unfortunately addiction is not as simple as that.

20 Likes

Day 0

Iā€™ve been in and out of this game for a long time now. My best friend took his own life in Feb and Iā€™ve been struggling ever since.

16 Likes