Checking in daily to maintain focus #33

You said that one perfectly lol

4 Likes

1 month and 2 days. Really happy with myself. Not long before I reach the longest I have been AF the last 8 years. This time I will not think ahhh Im good now one glass wont hurt. No no noā€¦ Keep going.

15 Likes

@beachmouse hereā€™s the thread I think youā€™re referring to.

4 Likes

Check in ok day just nothing going on but still clean

9 Likes

With alcohol itā€™s all ok (707day sober), but with food control not so goodā€¦((( New start today.

17 Likes

Day 136.
7.55am.

Another difficult night with side effects from Pfizer Jab. Hot and cold sweats all night, my body aching all over like when you have a bad flu, tossing turning, waking up every few hours. It is really uncomfortable. I took Tylenol and Iā€™ve had plenty of water but woke up feeling like Iā€™ve been hit by a bus. I hope these side effects donā€™t stay long.

21 Likes

Day 2.
What I was doing was obviously not enough to keep me sober, so I made a big step for me and finally got the courage to ask someone to help me and be my sponsor. It was easier than I had it built up to be.
I need to work harder at this and hopefully a bit of guidance will be enough to keep me moving forward.

I havenā€™t opened my aa book in years until this evening.

18 Likes

your not weak, you talk like you have a choice but as you know too well you are powerless over alcohol. What you do have a choice about is what you do to move forward and I would like to say youā€™ve done it before but that has been and gone, now is the time for doing the basics and doing them daily. Keep it simple and easy does it :+1:

8 Likes

congratulations :grin:

1 Like

Iā€™ve been trying not to post to you bc in the past everytime I did you had a lapse but fuck it I canā€™t let those days youā€™ve got go un noticed, well done mate

4 Likes

So we are finally going campingā€¦I am just shy of 2 months sober. This is a trigger I didnā€™t realize was a trigger until we are headed out. I really want a beerā€¦ but dont want to relapse more. Hoping it sticks.

9 Likes

Whatā€™s going on Ami? You still with us? I know itā€™s only been a couple of days since you checked in but I been thinking about you.
Check in when you can. If youā€™re willing.
:pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2:

Thatā€™s unfortunate. Hopefully it wonā€™t last much longer. My arm hurt REALLY bad after my second Pfizer dose and I may have had some tiredness. (Was still drinking then.) It lasted 2 or 3 days.

1 Like

Most side affects are past within 3-4 days, however some can last up to a week. Or it is entirely possible that you have a separate illness. For me I was fine at around 72 hours and not really bad in the first place. However, my body tolerates vaccinations pretty well.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s huge! Brit.
Some days thatā€™s all we got to do.
You. Win. Today.
:pray:t2::heart:

1 Like

Make it stick! You got this! Enjoy your trip. :evergreen_tree: :tent: :partly_sunny:

1 Like

Iā€™m here.
No smokes/ vape nicotine free
Recovery is amazing.

Waking more
Drawing more.

Im thinking of investing in a air spray brush kitā€¦ I want to freestyle on carsā€¦
Iā€™ve.een posting my art on some other places on the Webā€¦
I really donā€™t think I have much talent, I do it because it became part of my recoveryā€¦
I zone out and love colourā€¦

My higher power has always been creative intelligence.

My friend who was my neighbour told me how proud she was of me and that I looked happier!

I try and be a better person everyday x

33 Likes

You have amazing artwork skills

You could make it a profession

:slight_smile:

Keep going ! !

3 Likes

Today is day 10

My grandmother died today at 2pm EST or 14:00
She was 96
She went by the grace of God extremely peacefully and her husband and son will be there to greet her in heaven

I was talking to my brother who is also in recovery and im very proud of him and myself being at the least sober and at most unclouded in our minds to give her the respect she deserve.

Me and my brother are going to drive to Pittsburgh PA from Massachusetts either tomorrow or Saturday to pay our respects and the rest of the family will be there to meet us

I kept in close contact with my dad who stayed strong but did show emotions. No1 understands the love and respect i have for my dad. Nothing will break the bond we have. He took care of me during my darkest moments and he did it for years and years. Iā€™ll take care of him one day

I kept thinking about my higher power and it was because I saw it everywhere and it was a blessing.

I am not going to drink and even hate the thought of drinking because of this

She was strong physicly and mentally until the very end

She is now a real angel

It hit me a bit but it will come back harder during the funeral

27 Likes

My condolences on the passing of your grandmother. So nice it was peaceful.
:pray:t2::heart:

2 Likes