Checking in daily to maintain focus #33

27 days sober today :smiley: lacking in energy again! Seems to be up and down. Spa on sunday so looking forward to that!

18 Likes

Thank you! :grin:

1 Like

Day 138.

From the book Iā€™m currently readingā€¦

Its a good day. That is all :rofl::heart::pray:

21 Likes

Dally check in been out all day food shopping getting things out of doing ok other then a headache still sober/clean :+1:

13 Likes

Congratulations on 300 days @Charlie_C! Congratulations on half a year @LeeHawk! You all are awesome. Keep it up!

@C_8 yikes sounds painful :dizzy_face: I hope the procedure goes/went well!

4 Likes

So sorry to hear whatā€™s happened to you. Iā€™m 52kg and Iā€™ve been called names for being skinning my whole life. Such as not a ā€˜realā€™ woman which pained the most. I just saw them as jealous! I always try and gain some weight coz when Iā€™m sick I lose it sooo easily. When I was pregnant I lost 7kg. I also got teased for being flat chested and it gave me a complex and I nearly got implants to compensate but decided to accept them instead and buy a padded bra haha
I know none of this compares to whatā€™s happened to you.
One thing my therapist asks me when Iā€™m down on somethingā€¦isā€¦what would you say to your daughter (as Iā€™m female)? What would be the best thing for her in this situation? Immediately I know the answer.

I wonder what could happen if you changed your pattern from reacting with hurt and pain to seeing the reality of the situation such as a bunch of intimidated men with low self worth, little compassion and minimal understanding. I wonder if you asked them to help you lose the weight or shared your story with them?
Just thoughts. I hope this is not imposing on you. You sharing your story reminds me to be compassionate and loving of others instead of judging and dehumanising. Thank you :pray:

13 Likes

Just coasting along on day 57

15 Likes

Saturday here and first day of no lockdown. Heading to the beach for a bike ride, swim and a fish. Happy days!
Aiming for my 12th sober days straight!

Have a great day everyone.

18 Likes

Congratulations! Wonderful achievement!

Realizing that I have always associated beer with the good time. Out tonight with my partner and realized itā€™s not the drinking that makes it fun, itā€™s just bring with my partner. Talking, walking eating hangin out.

Simple realization but big one. Having fun is whatā€™s fun, the booze only takes away. palmface

20 Likes

Day 413
Oh man my friend is struggling so bad. She had a drunk break down today. Her mom is flying here tomorrow and is taking her to rehab. She tried to drive drunk to the liquor but I had hid her keys. I took her to my mother in lawā€™s pool instead.
I feel guilty like I should have said something sooner. I donā€™t fucking know. Gonna hit a meeting tonight though. :+1:
At the same time my daughters dad was feigning for weed so bad. He disappeared to go buy weed. Addiction is nuts.

Glad to be sober.

24 Likes

Stop feeling guilty. Youā€™re not responsible for anyone elseā€™s addiction but your own. I know itā€™s easier said than done when it comes to those we love. Look at the positiveā€¦ sheā€™s alive and getting help. Youā€™re an awesome role model for her and all those seeds you planted will now have a chance to flourish. Sending you a big hug and hoping your meeting helps (share about it). :heart::hugs:

14 Likes

Day 11 and Friday night. Work was okay, and I got up and worked out in the morning, so Iā€™m proud of that. Iā€™m also proud that I came home and made a healthy meal, Iā€™ve been eating like crap all week and I can feel it. Gonna go to bed early, my kid has early soccer games all weekend, so such a great reason to stay sober and wake up clear headed. :heart:

21 Likes

Day 396
In a ā€˜last supperā€™ thinking trap - so today I will binge, be lazy, etc, and tomorrow will be a fresh start. How many times did I do this when drinking? And in my head I know that the way we live TODAY is how we live our life. But it is not translating into action. Of course, I am grateful to be sober, and having kids means there is a minimum of things I have to do, which I am doing.

24 Likes

Checking in Day 40 Alcohol Free / Day 286 Cannabis Free

Watching a movie with a seltz in hand on a Friday night. For those following my relationship drama, weā€™re doing ok at the moment. Iā€™m not ready to throw in the towel yetā€¦there are some glimpses of light through the difficult conversations. Iā€™m going to keep trying. Thanks for the support on here as I think we all know that these are the things in life that really test our sobriety. But Iā€™m here, not drinking :blush:

24 Likes

408 Days Sober
ED is getting nowhere. I canā€™t go more than 1-2 days before my eating falls back to its patterns of fasting/binging but worse lately and I am hyper aware of it now while itā€™s happening.

Iā€™ve been feeling pretty numb this past week. Trying to have conversations I donā€™t have the words or the want to participate and have blown off responding to messages from friends. Iā€™ve done a lot of anxious cleaning while avoiding all other things and leaving my phone lost in a corner until late evening.

It kind of feels like something in my brain is broken or maybe just a loose wireā€¦.

21 Likes

Well today is my 2nd sober day going on 3rd day in a hour. Iā€™ve had a bit of a stressful day. Yet not a bad one. Today would be a normal day where Iā€™d grab a bottle of wine after work to enjoy at home. Not tonight. This time around I am committing to myself Iā€™m tired of drinking and starting over. I miss quality sleep, I miss waking up refreshed and motivated. My goal is to deal with my reality , my thoughts and triggers. Without feeling the need to surpress them with alcohol. So tonight Iā€™m relaxing itā€™s time for a new normal.

31 Likes

Checking in sober and very ready for relaxation and sleep. It is incredibly uplifting to see everyoneā€™s check-inā€™s and day counts and successes throughout the day. Itā€™s also valuable and appreciated to see the struggles and challenges. We all have them amd we will all continue to have them and I am just glad we have a place to go 24/7 to share, read, relate, support l, laugh and cry with one another.

@Charlie_C congrats on your days. I hope this and every one of those days has been very special.

21 Likes

Just doing a second check in. Had a good day, little bits of grouch. I watched a movie called four good days and it really shed alot of light on me, there is a huge message in the movie and the producers nailed it, itā€™s about a girl in addiction with heroin, but the message is for all addicts definitely recommend checking it out

22 Likes

Still with you cc! Have a great weekend everyone. Go out and get after it.

Bye for nowā€¦

23 Likes