Checking in daily to maintain focus #34

I can relate to this.

I have shared before, that in the begining “working on my recovery” looked like showering, brushing my teeth, doing my dishes, making my bed. That active addiction had taken my living conditions to an animal level.

I had never considered this an act of self love before so thank you for referring to it this way. In my eyes these were just “things” that I was taught to do , then expected to do as a child; and then my life had become so unmanageable. You are right though they are a very basic act of self love and all those times in the early months of recovery where I was still suffering in self loathing and misery… I was actually lovin’ on myself quite a bit.
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Congrats on your clean time.
:orange_heart::seedling:

13 Likes

A fear of the unknown change… Addictions are often the tip of an icerberg. Curious how it takes changing the big picture to change the little things (& vice versa)… I haven’t given up just yet, don’t worry my friend, thanks Chiron :wink:

4 Likes

Day 51

Yesterday my friend offered me a new job. There’s so many benefits included, but I feel like I’m gonna miss my old job :confused:

Only thing I’m not gonna miss is having to go to bed at 23.30 every workday

16 Likes

Congrats on your 7 months!!!

1 Like

I found this whole post quite insightful, it’s nice to have you here Stella! :hugs: I do often see things through unnecessarily pessimistic glasses so to speak… As if the cup is always half empty no matter what’s in it or how big it is! Step 1: manifesting positivity. Simple positivity affirmations. I am sometimes aware of just how far I’ve actually come given prior circumstances! The only thing pushing me on sometimes is mindfulness… Big thanks for your post Stella :pray:

4 Likes

The gratitude thread has helped me change my mindset a lot this year. Maybe it would help you too.

Daily Gratitude List #3

8 Likes

Day three. Shattered. Worked from 8 till 8 yesterday. Kept me busy tho

Today will be easier.

15 Likes

Day 29 checking in :pray:t2:

16 Likes

Day 3. Forgot you can’t sleep at first. Really tired. Have been put on naltraxone. Anyone found that helpful? Hope everyone is doing ok.

14 Likes

Hello I was wondering where u get this or how this works . I’m new here

4 Likes
  1. Coffee. SAD lamp on. Strange dark wet warm weather. I’m not bad. Sober and clean. One day at a time. Got to hurry a little bit as last night after my late shift I had to watch my team Ajax destroy Dortmund in the champions league so it was late before I got in bed. And still get my 8 hours of sleep in. Which I need. Now I’ll repeat yesterday: gym first, work after. And be thankful for my sobriety. Have a good one all, or at least as good as you all can. Love from Amsterdam.

21 Likes

Late check in. All good. Day 23,5 sober.
Have a nice and sober day!

14 Likes

I find this community very helpful, thanks to you all!

Since my divorce, I sometimes ask myself why I’m still fighting addictions, besides my kids, you’re a good reminder that a clean life is the only way.

14 Likes

Back to reset - fuck you addiction :frowning:

17 Likes

22 Likes

The only person who would say 1 day sober isn’t a big deal would be a non alcoholic or addict. For the rest of us it’s the most important day of our new lives.

Today I’m 13 months of day 1s, grateful for sobriety but not happy that I don’t get a 13 months coin, I’m only in it for the coins / chips…

20 Likes

Good morning friends, day 340! So happy to be done with that night! Had the worst drunk dream. It centered around some big drunken festival where I not only lost all of my clothes and had to just pick up some that were lying around, I was far from home, no wallet or phone, no shoes and just wandering… I was so relieved when I woke up. Still sober with my wallet, shoes, clothes and phone, etc…

Have an awesome day! I am going to do mine sober!

17 Likes

Checking in on day 2, been a rough few months due to the break up of my marriage , time to get my head straight and get myself back on track , this community has always been one of the things that has kept me sober , I’ve help also elsewhere but coming here helps the most , have a great sober day everyone , :blossom:

18 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 493. I hope everyone has a great one!

15 Likes

Checking in day 6 really just feeling so grateful, more and more ppl keep messaging me for work, today I have someone coming with a tattoo to fix.

What they got and what I’m gonna do with it. And then can’t wait to spend the rest of the day with my beautiful girls. Mentally and physically I feel ok right now, I can’t wait to keep becoming the best version of myself

19 Likes