Checking in daily to maintain focus #34

This rocked my day buddy, thanks for being there! :wink: I remember you (I think it was) writing one time that you could do with some love and that moved me to do the same when I admit it was true for meā€¦ Thereā€™s strength in numbers. Thanks man! :pray:

6 Likes

@mich80 Great job on your two weeks!
@anon53116147 Four days is good. You can do this. I know you can.
@kat261 Godā€¦ Iā€™m so sorry about your old sponsor.
@Hidden Congrats on you 699.96 days. :laughing: That number is actually a pretty fun catch. But seriously, congrats. Great job, especially with all the rough stuff youā€™ve dealt with lately.
@1in8billion Sometimes we are afraid of the unknown. Change, even change we want, can strike fear into dark crevices of our subconscious for things we may not even be aware of. Out of that we can sabotage ourselves over and over. Hang in there and keep trying. You havenā€™t failed until you stop trying.
@MolotovMoxie 60 days! I love the pictures! Great job!

11 Likes

On sun Oct 17th been soberity for seven months

17 Likes

Right on man that makes my heart happy and YES that was me. Itā€™s amazing how many people we have here to support us any time we ask, love this forum! Great job brother :sunglasses::metal:t2:

7 Likes

Ok kinda of day still clean at 4 months and 13 days itā€™s not easy at times sometimes I lay in bed at night thanking of slip up again but I made it to far to f*** up everything

14 Likes

Checking in at end of day 76 off meth pills just got home from NA meeting, one of the topics was self-love. I didnā€™t know what to say til the very last minutes but finally shared that for me, self love involved taking care of myselfā€¦brushing teeth, exercising etc.

Then it came to me that actually me being in recovery, going to meetings and working a program was actually the greatest form of love I could give myself, and here I was doing it!

21 Likes

Checking in at 18 days.
Sober. Just checking in.

16 Likes

Checking in Day 79. Very grateful for my sobriety today. No big reason, just feeling it :sparkling_heart:

15 Likes

Alsoā€¦forgot to include that Iā€™m at 325 days no weed. One year is just around the corner!!

12 Likes

Cheers Tyler, so simple but nice to hear my friend. :vulcan_salute:

3 Likes

Nice job Thomas!!!

1 Like

I can relate to this.

I have shared before, that in the begining ā€œworking on my recoveryā€ looked like showering, brushing my teeth, doing my dishes, making my bed. That active addiction had taken my living conditions to an animal level.

I had never considered this an act of self love before so thank you for referring to it this way. In my eyes these were just ā€œthingsā€ that I was taught to do , then expected to do as a child; and then my life had become so unmanageable. You are right though they are a very basic act of self love and all those times in the early months of recovery where I was still suffering in self loathing and miseryā€¦ I was actually lovinā€™ on myself quite a bit.
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Congrats on your clean time.
:orange_heart::seedling:

13 Likes

A fear of the unknown changeā€¦ Addictions are often the tip of an icerberg. Curious how it takes changing the big picture to change the little things (& vice versa)ā€¦ I havenā€™t given up just yet, donā€™t worry my friend, thanks Chiron :wink:

4 Likes

Day 51

Yesterday my friend offered me a new job. Thereā€™s so many benefits included, but I feel like Iā€™m gonna miss my old job :confused:

Only thing Iā€™m not gonna miss is having to go to bed at 23.30 every workday

16 Likes

Congrats on your 7 months!!!

1 Like

I found this whole post quite insightful, itā€™s nice to have you here Stella! :hugs: I do often see things through unnecessarily pessimistic glasses so to speakā€¦ As if the cup is always half empty no matter whatā€™s in it or how big it is! Step 1: manifesting positivity. Simple positivity affirmations. I am sometimes aware of just how far Iā€™ve actually come given prior circumstances! The only thing pushing me on sometimes is mindfulnessā€¦ Big thanks for your post Stella :pray:

4 Likes

The gratitude thread has helped me change my mindset a lot this year. Maybe it would help you too.

Daily Gratitude List #3

8 Likes

Day three. Shattered. Worked from 8 till 8 yesterday. Kept me busy tho

Today will be easier.

15 Likes

Day 29 checking in :pray:t2:

16 Likes

Day 3. Forgot you canā€™t sleep at first. Really tired. Have been put on naltraxone. Anyone found that helpful? Hope everyone is doing ok.

14 Likes