Checking in daily to maintain focus #35

Day 1
Woke up rested this morning. Hubby is at work for a very long 14 hour day so I’ll have plenty of time to get everything done that I wanted to. I work this weekend with a client who is very highly behavioural, verbal and physical. I find some days hard as I walk out of there drained. Stress is a trigger for me so I will need to keep a close eye on that over the weekend. Will need to use better coping skills to manage it. But I feel positive that I can and will get through it! Have a great clean and sober Friday! :stuck_out_tongue:

16 Likes

Morning Jene, really hoping today gets better for you. Resentments are awful :frowning: Whenever I get super angry or resentful I usually need something physical to help me release that negative energy that’s build up. Exercise works well for me. Is there anything that has helped you in the past?

1 Like

Guess what day it is!!!
Haven’t made it this far ever, hangin tough.

26 Likes

Congrats on 60 days!! Huge accomplishment :clap: :tada:

2 Likes

Checking in real quick like bunny! The bunnies are happy they got fresh alfalfa and pine litter today. Off to pick up some groceries then walk Miss Lupe and get on with the rest of my day.

Sober strength and big love, amigos :heartpulse:

15 Likes

Maybe try reading some of the Caffeine threads we have going here?

@Chiron created a really good one recently that I’ve been following :point_down:

Ironically I’m actually drinking pre-workout right now lol, but I do use it only once a day before I workout.

I’ve been trying to manage my caffeine intake also and it can be a huge bitch, especially for those of us who have problems with moderation. I noticed that I started drinking way more caffeine after I stopped drinking. I’ve capped myself at 400mg a day and I don’t go past that. It seems like a good balance right now because I still sleep fine, but eventually I’d like to reduce it.

6 Likes

Toward resentment? No. I am not, historically, a resentful person. It’s one of the new gifts of this go around. I do know the feeling of discontent is a biproduct of “To-Dos” that haven’t been done. It’s a wicked cycle of feeling too depressed and helpless to do things AND having things undone lead to depression and helplessness. So, I just need to start getting things off the “to-do” and on to the “done.”

7 Likes

Definitely come on over to the thread @Nordique mentioned and post as much as you’d like about caffeine.

It really is a drug. You get used to it. For me, if left unchecked, I’ll just keep upping and upping the amount I take in. It doesn’t really seem like you’re abusing your pre-workout drink, but in the natural course of events, you’ve gotten used to your current dose and if you want to keep using it you either need to take a 14 day break or up the amount.

You’re doing great at 22 days. I love seeing your number go up. :+1:

6 Likes

Congrats Ed!!!

Thanks for your contributions to the forum. I do believe we are due for some puppy photos though. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Mhm I know a lot of people who stop doing meth and start taking ephedrine to stay “high”. Basically what you are doing.

Love the self awareness you have it is spot on. Super happy you are catching yourself doing that shit. It’s so easy to over look.

Congrats on your days.
:orange_heart::seedling:

5 Likes

Have you tried doing a loving kindness meditation in this situation? Maybe it would help you.

5 Likes

Hey darlin’ :sunny::blush: I’m sorry you felt yucky yesterday. How are you feeling today? Sending you some love and hugs. :heart::hugs:

2 Likes

Morning! Just thought if check in on ya :slight_smile: hope u had a good rest! :hibiscus::rose::blossom:

2 Likes

I’m feeling much better today :yellow_heart:. A sweet freaking angel (Stella) messaged me and let me vent to her last night. I didn’t even go to sleep sad.

How are you feeling? How is your son? I was thinking of you this morning. I hope you were able to get some rest after the other night.

Thank you for the hugs and checking in on me :heart:

5 Likes

Hi BMW :butterfly::crescent_moon::dancer:

I am feeling worlds better :heart: Thank you for checking in on me. I just needed to let out some negative feelings, process them, and get a good nights sleep.

How are you doing today?! I saw your coffee and pre- work out ready to go for this morning! I will be doing some yoga inside later today as it’s pretty rainy and gloomy here.

Congrats on day one :heart: Let’s both get through today :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

A study was done years ago on the common ground of any form of addiction and the process of recovery and the common denominator was ‘A childish defiance’. We want want want and we don’t want to do anything about it, we don’t want to try. I was quite happy living life on my terms until one day I woke up and decided I didn’t like what I had anymore. It was a very long time from that day until the day I woke up years later and thought “actually I might have to change a few things I don’t really want to”, Eventually I realised the only thing I had to change was ME.

10 Likes

How are you doing? Feeling any better? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m doing much better today. I’m on my way out of the mountains to go to the “big city” today. It’s a 2-1/2 hour drive, so a fun road-trip with my hubs. :blush: I talked with my son earlier this morning, and he’s doing really well. He has a good attitude, so that makes me happy. :heart:

I’m so glad you got to vent and went to sleep without sadness. I find that when I go to sleep carrying a burden I usually wake up with it. It’s best to get that out. :kissing_heart:

6 Likes

I feel this big time. The worst resentments I carry usually stem from this type of bullshit, and it’s just that - bullshit - but in the moment it feels huge. I wish I knew why that was. Hope you get some stuff crossed off and some bites outta that pesky elephant, amiga.

2 Likes

Congratulations with your :six::zero: days milestone! :tada::tada::tada:

3 Likes