Checking in daily to maintain focus #35

Continuing the discussion from Checking in daily to maintain focus #34 - #2548 by Chiron.

Previous discussions:

3 Likes

Day 351 check-in. Happy Halloween all. It’s been a really nice weekend. Did not do much…some housework yesterday and made pumpkin bread which turned out great to my simple tastes. Got to climb today and did well there so just relaxed the rest of the day. Planning on finding a good scary movie (is there such a thing?) On Netflix. Any suggestions? Anyway hope ya’ll have a great week!

Bye for now…

30 Likes

Checking in at one year, eight months and ten days I am currently full on Halloween candy and just watched the classic Hocus Pocus so it has been a great sober Halloween so far. I went to my home NA meeting and that was nice. No scary movies for me tonight lbs. Have a safe, sober, happy Halloween!!! :jack_o_lantern:

35 Likes

Someone suggested His House to me but I haven’t personally watched it. The idea of the insidious movies creeped me out but yeah

3 Likes

Oh wow ya just watched the trailer. Def looks scary! On second thought maybe I’ll find something not scary lol.
:see_no_evil:

3 Likes

Lol yeah! I’m staying away from scary movies lol so if you don’t end up watching it I totally get it. Have a good night!

2 Likes

Checking in on day 1,135. Had a productive day, did yard work and did some choring around around the house. We are about to take Penny Layne for some trick or treating. I used to get completely blitzed on Halloween, passed out by 8. Sober is so much better!

44 Likes

Here are some pics from our evening!

51 Likes

3 months! Happy Halloween!

27 Likes

Checking in on day 142. Hope everyone is having a great day. Happy Halloween! Had a little quarrel with my partner this morning. I have been a bit irritable I guess. I am feeling somewhat underappreciated after spending the previous week picking up all the slack as she recovers from surgery. I am absolutely happy to be able to help, but it has been completely non-stop, and I seem to always screw something up because I absolutely SUCK at multitasking. That means I get in trouble with her. I guess a “thanks” would be nice. I don’t think I could tell her this without being accused of being over-sensitive.

Eh, that got sort of bitchy, sorry. I let out some steam today building a special detachable post to hang her so-called Squirrel-proof birdfeeder over the garden. Basically me just Frankensteining a bunch of scrap would together with stuff lying around. It ended up looking surprisingly decent.

Took the kiddos trick-or-treating and they had a blast. I was grateful to be present. A far cry from few Halloweens ago when I was sneaking little airplane bottles of wine in my coat because I didn’t want to be to far away from my booze.

Sorry, this got kinda rambling and pointless. I am sort of comfort eating Halloween candy right now. I have been feeling a bit unstable these days.

28 Likes

Don’t know how I’m feeling tonight. Can’t get anyone to text back. Feel like I should have gone camping tonight is Samhain and I neglected to make any plans.
I tried to order a pizza to cheer myself up, but the place was busy up till closing. (8pm on a Sunday. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:)
So I’m not drinking tonight but I wish I was doing something or talking to someone.

23 Likes

Checking in with 668 Days. Second Halloween Sober.
Watching football. Working on my Halloween Gif Game. Getting ready to cook dinner. And still learning to not overreact. At least I’m catching myself. And I’m still learning to Breathe. That’s right Breathe. I’ve learned a lot about breathing in my lifetime. But there is still so much more I’m learning. I’m glad I can still learn things. Being sober helps.

:pray:t2::heart:

40 Likes

Best TMama Ever !!! They are So cute and Soooooo Happy !!

9 Likes

Aww! Absolutely adorable @Complicatedmama and @HoofHearted. I love seeing all the little ones on Halloween. Thanks for sharing. :heart_eyes:

11 Likes

Happy Halloween everyone!! Sober is the way.
Day 464 here.
My daughters first Halloween we didn’t even make it to the pumpkin patch. In fact we took her to one house to trick or treat, I was completely wasted. :face_vomiting:
Anyway, this year we did 3 trips to the pumpkin patch, 3 costumes, 2 trunk or treats and a wedding today (she caught the bouquet) and now she is out trick or treating with her dad. Man, I couldn’t do all of this if I was drinking!!! (Wedding was byob and I didn’t see any alcohol btw)
Anyway, I am ready for Christmas.
Also, just found out an old coworker passed away last week from overdose. Hope you are all being safe out there. She was 35 and such a sweetheart. So fucking sad. I know I would have been next had I not stopped when I did.

35 Likes

Checking in after a successful sober Halloween (my second!) and I can’t, just can’t right now. I got a text from my new friend, the one I met through the plant lovers group, to say her younger brother died in a car accident tonight and can I take care of her pets while she goes to be with her family out West. She’s 25 so I think he’s a couple years younger, of course my mind goes to impaired driving/drivers and I’m just devastated for her. She’s in shock. Halloween fucking night. I don’t want to assume anything but it’s just so tragic. Hold your people close, life is precious and transient. My mind is all over the place and I’m going to listen to some meditations now. :sob:

33 Likes

Oh no that’s awful.
:broken_heart:

5 Likes

Congrats on your 3 months of sobriety!!!
:partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

3 Likes

Day 91. Happy Halloween everyone!! Dressed up, went to a party, had many treats, and came home to watch a horror movie. I love this holiday. :jack_o_lantern:

21 Likes

Checking in on day 12. I’m grateful for this community! We can do fecking anything with enough commitment. Our journeys ARE our destinations, so let’s own them one gifted day at a time my friends! Important question: what did/does/will today look like for you…? Of course we’re all vulnerable in our own ways… Try to be strong and keep your head up whoever and wherever you are right now ey, we’ve got this! :slightly_smiling_face:

21 Likes