Checking in daily to maintain focus #35

Day 1 check in. I feel better than I did this morning but I know by this evening and especially tomorrow evening I will want a drink but I have to get that it doesn’t just stop there for me. Hopefully by this time next week I will feel much better about it all!

Also thanks for having me here :green_heart:

11 Likes

I haven’t been very active this past week or two but I’m getting my 30 day tag this evening and I couldn’t be more proud of myself. In the beginning I honestly didn’t think I would make it this far. However with the support I’ve received here, through my local fellowship, and with the support of my amazing sponsor I pushed through the negative mindset I once had and I reached a milestone I once saw unattainable. I’ve been doing service work with my local group and I’ve been working my steps. I got my mental health headed in the right direction after several pitfalls and to be completely honest, I can’t recall a time I’ve felt so good in my own skin. I’m falling in love with myself… my true self. Not the me I fabricated through addiction. I’m shedding that skin and a new healthy beautiful me is emerging. That first 30 was difficult, but with the continued support from all of you and my hometown group I have a new found faith that I don’t need any of that. I’ve never felt as good as I do now, 30 days down…. A whole lifetime ahead :heart:

19 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 2500 replies. Continue discussion at Checking in daily to maintain focus #35 (Part 7).