Checking in daily to maintain focus #36

That journal entry is a great idea to be able to look back on and really remember just how bad you were feeling at that point. I did something similar and hope I can pull it out a year later and revisit just how fucked up my life had become. Your right about reading people’s sober accomplishments and wanting to be like them. And now your one of the people that someone that’s early on in their sobriety can look up to. Congrats.

6 Likes

Good morning all! I hope everyone had an amazing holiday, if you celebrate :heart: If not I hope everyone had a great weekend. :heart: Checking in just hit day 15, these days have been blissfully busy which seems to be helping me tremendously. @Hopeful777 oh my gosh, one year, that is just incredible, be proud of yourself and that’s inspiration for me right there :raised_hands:t3: @CATMANCAM I’m very happy to see your post, congrats on 5 days! @Its_me_Stella i just have to say I love reading your posts, the good days and the bad. I am also thinking about @anon27760155 I hope everyone here has a Marvelous Monday and I am looking forward to the New Year! (In being a close contact with Covid I am in quarantine until 1/2/22 so I don’t have to worry about people coming over or going out so it takes the stress away, is that bad I think that? :thinking:)

14 Likes

Good morning friends, day 408! Back at work this morning. :frowning: This week should be quiet. Happy that the craziness of Christmas is behind us. Time to just enjoy the decorations for a little while longer and not worry about preparations and guests.

Have an awesome day! I am going to do mine sober!

22 Likes

Sobriety day Day 233. This was the first Christmas since childhood that I woke up clear headed without a hangover. It. Was. Awesome. I was present for my family with no regrets about the night before or anxiety about the day to come.

Prior to the holiday my sister sent me an innocent text about what wine to bring over for her visit from out of state. I hadn’t shared my sobriety journey with her yet. I told her we don’t drink here anymore (my wife, a normal drinker, has been extremely supportive). I had been nervous about how that discussion would go. My sister simply said “At all? OK, cool.” and didn’t mention it again. There seems to be alot of fear and trepidation in many of us about how people will react to our sobriety choice, but, at least in my case, that fear is unwarranted.

Have a great day everyone.

25 Likes

That’s exactly what happened with me. I’m so thankful you had this realization and followed through on it. And look at you!!! One whole year and moving right on into year two! I’m so happy for you. You are a lighthouse. :heart::blush:

12 Likes

Congratulations to @LAB!

60 days is

AWESOME!

5 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 561. I hope everybody has a good one today!

19 Likes

Today will be one week without a drink. This past week I have been offered more drinks than I have ever been offered in the past. I tried going to a meeting last night and ran into someone who hurt me really bad in the past, brought up a lot of awful memories and feelings that I have been avoiding. BUT I didn’t drink. I called my sponsor, and we talked through it. I still haven’t drank and I’m really proud of myself.

18 Likes

Congrats on 1 week!! That was the hardest part for me. After the first few weeks it became easier as I started to learn how to live life sober. Keep up the hard work!

5 Likes

My first check in. It’s snowing lightly here in Ontario and -9C. No sun today but I’m going to make the best of it.
4 months and 5 days from cannabis and toxic relationships. Those were my crutches when trying to cope with trauma and abuse.
Still struggling with the withdrawals and aftereffects of 5 years on toxic antidepressants.
Struggling with ruminating thoughts and ptsd but working everyday to cleary mind of the past abuses I suffered.

18 Likes

Day 74. Grateful waking up sober, grateful I can help my girls mother and keep my girls instead of going to a babysitter, grateful that God has given me his will and strength to do anything I put my mind to with the proper tools if I just open my eyes and look. Me and the girls had a fun morning, made some crystal rocks we got them for Christmas, takes a couple days but totally worth it. They are both super tired bc they came here really early this morning so quick little naps and relaxing for a little bit. Have a good day everyone, once they leave im gonna read a little of my new book and possibly work a little on my drawing, definitely needed a little break from that I don’t plan on quitting either, bit definitely needed a quick recharge. Much love

21 Likes

Congratulations @Hopeful777 Marie on your year of sobriety, and thank you for sharing your journal entry. This is very inspiring!

2 Likes

7 days alcohol free. :heart: First time in 6 years.
It feels really good to hit these milestones

13 Likes

Well if that does bring a well of tears to my eyes.
Marie, I am so happy for you, I am so glad you came back and never gave up trying. You are a phenomenal woman and it such a pleasure to be able to walk beside you on this crazy journey. Congrats on your 365 consecutive days without booze… wooooohooooooo!!!
:partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

J5Xr9k7qK5KGRi45vp

9 Likes

Awesome Kat!
It is my favorite piece of NA literature there is a group of women ( 7 of us) doing a book study using this book. Since going through it with a fine tooth comb I can not wait until we are finished ( hahah) so that I can start it again myself and use each little section as a journaling prompt. AMAZING stuff in there…

@Callie99
Carolyn I will tag you because maybe journaling is your thing?

5 Likes

Hey guys
Checking in day 3
Hoped you enjoyed your christmas
Good night and stay safe

15 Likes

Day 40 still on vacation!!!

Nothing better than taking that Monday off… love it.

So motivating to keep going… being here in this chat is extremely motivating to do better… become what I’ve dreamed of becoming… THE BEST VERSION OF MYSELF. about to do a 21 day workout challenge. Starting today!

16 Likes

Congratulations on your 60 days of sobriety LAB. That is awesome!!
I’m glad your having so much fun in Savannah. I’ve Always wanted to go there.

:pray:t2::heart:

2 Likes

Arrived after a 5 hr drive stuck thank you all**for your lovely comments, they really touched me, did try to tag you all but limit reached. Off for a walk and dinner. Lots love to you all :shamrock: :heart:

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 2500 replies. Continue discussion at Checking in daily to maintain focus #36 (Part 8).