Checking in daily to maintain focus #37

Continuing the discussion from Checking in daily to maintain focus #36 - #2529 by Hopeful777.

Previous discussions:

3 Likes

Thank you my dear friend :green_heart: @Its_me_Stella

4 Likes

Checking in Day 145 clean and serene, just waking up here with the help of a Red Bull, maybe one of my last vices I just need some kind of stimulant and better than meth for sure!

Had a good Zoom meeting last night and tonight is my Healthcare Professionals meeting. It’s time I called my sponsor and also going to go to gym which is open again!

Hope you all have a clean and sober day congrats on your clean time whether 1 day or years.

Kat

45 Likes

Day 563 clean and sober today. It’s my Friday so I’m pretty excited to start my weekend. Nothing planned other than rest and self care. Have a great day everyone, love you guys :sunglasses::metal:t2:
In remembrance of Corey :heart::heart::heart::heart:

44 Likes

Day 84 AF. Nasty wet, grey, cold and muddy day but I’m not gonna let that get to me. :cowboy_hat_face: It’s a work day here so that’s what I’m doing.

@Hopeful777 :sparkling_heart: :tada: :partying_face: 1 YEAR!!! Congratulations!! Thank you for sharing your journey :partying_face: :tada: :sparkling_heart:
@Bart_pt :sparkles: :partying_face: 5 months is super!!! Congrats!:partying_face: :sparkles:
@Twizzlers :boom: :tada: Congratulations on 90 days!!! :tada: :boom:
@LAB :sparkles: :tada: 60 days!! Congrats!! Enjoy your vacation and your victory :tada: :sparkles:
@SelfLove_42 @EFountains :partying_face: :boom: Congrats on your 40 days!!! :boom: :partying_face:
@stingrayskewered @Pica :sparkles: :tada: :partying_face: Getting that first 7 days in during Christmas is a huge victory! Congrats!!! :partying_face: :tada: :sparkles:

32 Likes

30 days

That’s right, I got here, first month of many.

Feeling good in myself, happy and healthy. Spending lots of time with the family and enjoying every second of it.

Have something niggling at me, I don’t want to give it value but I can’t help feeling a little hurt by the actions of some who take from me my love, care, attention, support and courtesy and think that I don’t deserve the same back.

My circle becomes smaller with each person who fails to see my value, however I grow as a person each time because I know my value and recognising and cutting those who seek to use me for their own gain from my circle strengthens my resolve.

Hope everyone has a happy, healthy and clean 24 hours!

Love, prayers and hugs to all!

:heart::heart::pray::pray::hugs::hugs:

37 Likes

Day 23 checking in. About to go to an AA meeting. Heading away tomo with my sister for 2 nights. She is also in recovery so we have a meeting planned whilst away too. Best wishes to all :heart:

31 Likes

@kat261 Well done on day 145 :clap:t3::clap:t3:

@Rockstar24777 Wow, Awesome work on getting to day 563, inspiring! :star_struck::star_struck:

@TigerMatriarch 84 days smashing it, :facepunch:t3::muscle:t3::clap:t3:

@Daisy49 great work on day 23!! :grin::grin:

9 Likes

That sounds amazing! Have a safe, fun and upbuilding trip :green_heart:

2 Likes

Day one, going to start checking in daily.

33 Likes

Welcome back Jenni.
:orange_heart::seedling:

3 Likes

Day 37! Good day all 37…hmm the ages both my great grand and grandmother passed. My mother at 42. Generational tramua is real. I pray and have faith I will live a long happy Sober free life…seeing my grandchildren…Amen…when the father calls me home.
Virtual MTG 31/90 today. Helping tremendously. Good Sober Day all ,:pray:t5::purple_heart:

29 Likes

Thank you @anon52066378 :sunglasses::metal:t2:

2 Likes

Couldn’t respond to your original post, Marie - the thread was full.
Congratulations on your year. It is really inspiring to me, and I could have written your message. Last Christmas completely did for me, too. I only called it on January 3rd, though, because I ‘had to’ push on through New Year, but very similar stories. Your post reminded me of all of the feelings that I had. Awful, but ultimately useful.
Thanks for posting and congratulations again. :blue_heart:

7 Likes
  1. It’s been a whirlwind this past week. I’m sorry I haven’t posted but my kids, nieces and nephew come first. They’ve needed my undivided attention through the holidays. The kids Mom came Thursday night to spend Christmas with us and let me tell you she left last night and it wasn’t soon enough. She lives in such a delusional state of mind. Everything she told me she’s been doing has been lies. She even moved States and kinda just blurted it out. I was like wait I thought you were just getting moved out of your place and coming back here. Now all the sudden she lives in Chicago with her new BF?!?!!! She had my oldest niece who is 6 hysterical about a half hour before she left telling she’s gonna do better and call more and come visit again in 2 weeks which she won’t do any of it. It’s coming up on 4 months of the kids being in my care. I spoke to my lawyer and after 6 months when the POA expires I can file full guardianship for all of them. Which I 100% plan on doing. Especially after her being here the past few days. The list of things she did is insane and I think I still need a few more days to really recover from her stay. Luckily this is the most stable, steady and loving home these kids have had so they weren’t even phased when she left. I only had to do damage control with my 6 yr old niece. So my question for you all my TS Fam is how do you break the cycle?!?! My cousin asked me this today and my reply was I am 100% honest with my niece who understands most of what’s going on with her Mom. In 6 days I’ll be 4 years sober and I am reflecting on all I’ve accomplished good and bad lol. All the lessons I’ve learned along the way. What can I do to better myself more this year? I’m praying for more patients because they have been tested. Let me know what you guys think! Have a wonderful evening TS fam :purple_heart:
31 Likes

Congratulations @anon52066378,

30 days is awesome!

4 Likes

Celebrating day 63.

Happy Sober Monday everyone!

24 Likes

@KevinesKay thanks, also, awesome work on getting to 63 days! Keep smashing those days one at a time!

2 Likes

Welcome back @Jenni !

2 Likes

it’s at times like this when I get to look at how far I have come bc the last 34 Christmas and new year eves I have either been drunk or depressed bc I wasn’t drunk but finally it hasn’t been such a big deal. I would be lieing if I said there wasn’t a small part of me that wanted to drink but I have that every day and I don’t listen to that voice for too long these days. Well done everyone.

35 Likes