Checking in daily to maintain focus #36

You’re here Asher. Good. 197 Days is awesome. You being here tells me you don’t want to cut. Sorry for the urges. Can you do some things else that can take your mind of it? Hugs friend. You’re not alone.

7 Likes

Thanks and yeah I can

4 Likes

So SO happy for you Marie! Funny how the progress seems so slow we tend not to notice there is any at all. But at milestones like this one we see how all our tiny steps together make for some pretty big ones yes. And looking from the outside I see how much you and your life have changed for the better. Huge congrats! Thanks so much for being here and sharing your road. Hope you celebrate today for it is well earned. Love and hugs and lots of cake friend.
happy-anniversary-celebration-snoopy-peanuts-charlie-brown

6 Likes

Congratulation on year :confetti_ball::confetti_ball::confetti_ball: This is great :two_hearts::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

1 Like
  1. Coffee. Family dinner was nice. Now it’s back to work some late shifts. Life goes on. Sober and clean. The longer I am, the happier I am about it. An occasional urge still occurs occasionally. Reading around here and talking about them gives me all I need to withstand them. Never again. One day at a time.
    Have as good a last week of the year as you all can all. Make it clean and sober. Love from a chilly foggy Amsterdam.

24 Likes

Congratulations @Hopeful777!!
What an awesome achievement. I love how you documented the start of your journey. Every bit of your progress is a huge win no matter how small.
fireworks

8 Likes

Day 40
3am and my toddler just fell asleep… like finally!!! Now I can finally go to sleep!!

Have a great day!

20 Likes

Thank you @Hopeful777 :sunglasses:

2 Likes

@Hopeful777 major congrats on 1 year! That is so awesome! A year of freedom indeed!

3 Likes

Day 97 checking in have a good day everyone :pray:t2:

20 Likes

One for dyslexics, maybe?

Why do I love numbers but am crap at math? :woman_shrugging:t3:

Anyway, today is the day that counts. Make yours count. Please. But only if you want it to. Your call. :sweat_smile::kissing_heart:

30 Likes

Happy Monday morning

I’m still on vacation!

I’m managing this vacation well without alcohol. I’m using various strategies and substitute behaviors and I’m doing it! Today is day 60 and I’m going to do fine today as well.

Never question the decision will be key for me moving forward. I glad I learned that phrase.

I had a lovely day with the hubby yesterday. We did a boat tour of Savannah. It was warm and sunny and there were a ton of interesting people to watch. The boat tour had good narration. They also had alcohol to purchase and consume all over the place. I did fine. At the end I saw the price list. I have to give those entrepreneurs a lot of credit. They got a lot of people to pay extremely high prices for their beer and sugary cocktails.

We came back to the house and relaxed on the back deck with food and sparkling water. We read books and went to bed early.

Previous trips would have had us paying those prices, then drinking the rest of the day at more high prices. Then discomfort in the night and morning. I’m really starting to feel the freedom!

I was anxious early yesterday morning as I had some bad dreams that were likely triggered by some childhood Christmas memories. I’ve had a good amount of therapy to get thru the trauma of my childhood. It has been a while since I’ve done therapy, I’m hoping I don’t need to do more, but I will have to keep an eye on those upsets. Christmas is one of my worst times of year for the childhood ptsd. Luckily Christmas only comes once a year. Argh!!

Today we will get the dogs out for some more exploration of this beautiful area. We may enjoy a meal out at a restaurant as well. I’m so glad we get to be here.

I wish you all peace and happiness. I’m going to celebrate 60 days today with joy!

20 Likes

Congratulations! So proud of you! :muscle::purple_heart::muscle::purple_heart::muscle:

2 Likes

Congratulations Marie!

2 Likes

Day 40, no alcohol during Christmas. There is, of course, temptation, but fortunately remain with no drop of alcohol in my body.

I have been also lucky. Nobody had asked me why I was not drinking. Perhaps they were enough busy with their glasses.

Have a nice day/twenty four hours!

23 Likes

That journal entry is a great idea to be able to look back on and really remember just how bad you were feeling at that point. I did something similar and hope I can pull it out a year later and revisit just how fucked up my life had become. Your right about reading people’s sober accomplishments and wanting to be like them. And now your one of the people that someone that’s early on in their sobriety can look up to. Congrats.

6 Likes

Good morning all! I hope everyone had an amazing holiday, if you celebrate :heart: If not I hope everyone had a great weekend. :heart: Checking in just hit day 15, these days have been blissfully busy which seems to be helping me tremendously. @Hopeful777 oh my gosh, one year, that is just incredible, be proud of yourself and that’s inspiration for me right there :raised_hands:t3: @CATMANCAM I’m very happy to see your post, congrats on 5 days! @Its_me_Stella i just have to say I love reading your posts, the good days and the bad. I am also thinking about @anon27760155 I hope everyone here has a Marvelous Monday and I am looking forward to the New Year! (In being a close contact with Covid I am in quarantine until 1/2/22 so I don’t have to worry about people coming over or going out so it takes the stress away, is that bad I think that? :thinking:)

14 Likes

Good morning friends, day 408! Back at work this morning. :frowning: This week should be quiet. Happy that the craziness of Christmas is behind us. Time to just enjoy the decorations for a little while longer and not worry about preparations and guests.

Have an awesome day! I am going to do mine sober!

22 Likes

Sobriety day Day 233. This was the first Christmas since childhood that I woke up clear headed without a hangover. It. Was. Awesome. I was present for my family with no regrets about the night before or anxiety about the day to come.

Prior to the holiday my sister sent me an innocent text about what wine to bring over for her visit from out of state. I hadn’t shared my sobriety journey with her yet. I told her we don’t drink here anymore (my wife, a normal drinker, has been extremely supportive). I had been nervous about how that discussion would go. My sister simply said “At all? OK, cool.” and didn’t mention it again. There seems to be alot of fear and trepidation in many of us about how people will react to our sobriety choice, but, at least in my case, that fear is unwarranted.

Have a great day everyone.

25 Likes

That’s exactly what happened with me. I’m so thankful you had this realization and followed through on it. And look at you!!! One whole year and moving right on into year two! I’m so happy for you. You are a lighthouse. :heart::blush:

12 Likes