Checking in daily to maintain focus #36

Congratulations to @LAB!

60 days is

AWESOME!

5 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 561. I hope everybody has a good one today!

19 Likes

Today will be one week without a drink. This past week I have been offered more drinks than I have ever been offered in the past. I tried going to a meeting last night and ran into someone who hurt me really bad in the past, brought up a lot of awful memories and feelings that I have been avoiding. BUT I didnā€™t drink. I called my sponsor, and we talked through it. I still havenā€™t drank and Iā€™m really proud of myself.

18 Likes

Congrats on 1 week!! That was the hardest part for me. After the first few weeks it became easier as I started to learn how to live life sober. Keep up the hard work!

5 Likes

My first check in. Itā€™s snowing lightly here in Ontario and -9C. No sun today but Iā€™m going to make the best of it.
4 months and 5 days from cannabis and toxic relationships. Those were my crutches when trying to cope with trauma and abuse.
Still struggling with the withdrawals and aftereffects of 5 years on toxic antidepressants.
Struggling with ruminating thoughts and ptsd but working everyday to cleary mind of the past abuses I suffered.

18 Likes

Day 74. Grateful waking up sober, grateful I can help my girls mother and keep my girls instead of going to a babysitter, grateful that God has given me his will and strength to do anything I put my mind to with the proper tools if I just open my eyes and look. Me and the girls had a fun morning, made some crystal rocks we got them for Christmas, takes a couple days but totally worth it. They are both super tired bc they came here really early this morning so quick little naps and relaxing for a little bit. Have a good day everyone, once they leave im gonna read a little of my new book and possibly work a little on my drawing, definitely needed a little break from that I donā€™t plan on quitting either, bit definitely needed a quick recharge. Much love

21 Likes

Congratulations @Hopeful777 Marie on your year of sobriety, and thank you for sharing your journal entry. This is very inspiring!

2 Likes

7 days alcohol free. :heart: First time in 6 years.
It feels really good to hit these milestones

13 Likes

Well if that does bring a well of tears to my eyes.
Marie, I am so happy for you, I am so glad you came back and never gave up trying. You are a phenomenal woman and it such a pleasure to be able to walk beside you on this crazy journey. Congrats on your 365 consecutive days without boozeā€¦ wooooohooooooo!!!
:partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

J5Xr9k7qK5KGRi45vp

9 Likes

Awesome Kat!
It is my favorite piece of NA literature there is a group of women ( 7 of us) doing a book study using this book. Since going through it with a fine tooth comb I can not wait until we are finished ( hahah) so that I can start it again myself and use each little section as a journaling prompt. AMAZING stuff in thereā€¦

@Callie99
Carolyn I will tag you because maybe journaling is your thing?

5 Likes

Hey guys
Checking in day 3
Hoped you enjoyed your christmas
Good night and stay safe

15 Likes

Day 40 still on vacation!!!

Nothing better than taking that Monday offā€¦ love it.

So motivating to keep goingā€¦ being here in this chat is extremely motivating to do betterā€¦ become what Iā€™ve dreamed of becomingā€¦ THE BEST VERSION OF MYSELF. about to do a 21 day workout challenge. Starting today!

16 Likes

Congratulations on your 60 days of sobriety LAB. That is awesome!!
Iā€™m glad your having so much fun in Savannah. Iā€™ve Always wanted to go there.

:pray:t2::heart:

2 Likes

Arrived after a 5 hr drive stuck thank you all**for your lovely comments, they really touched me, did try to tag you all but limit reached. Off for a walk and dinner. Lots love to you all :shamrock: :heart:

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 2500 replies. Continue discussion at Checking in daily to maintain focus #36 (Part 8).