Checking in daily to maintain focus #36

Congrats on 2 weeks Jene! That sounds like a great opportunity. Being self-employed means an enormous amount of stress and hard work. The money coming in is unpredictable. It’s feast or famine. It’s also hard to separate your work life from your private life so work tends to take over your whole life. It’s a pressure cooker.

3 Likes

You got that right! I have been self-employed for the majority of the last 15 years. I am soon to be an empty nester. So, scrapping it out isn’t as important to me, at least for now. Health benefits would be nice, too.

5 Likes

I hear you on the health benefits for sure!

1 Like

Day 120 AF / Day 366 Weed Free. Still feeling that accomplishment of hitting one year! Gives me even more confidence to keep going.

Today I cooked venison neck for the first time. My boyfriend hunts and I’ve been cooking venison over the last couple of years and slowly becoming more comfortable with it. Today was my first time cooking the neck and it was a long process but turned out so good! It’s a part of the deer that sometimes goes to waste, so it was fun to take on and seriously nothing went to waste — so much meat for us, I saved tendons and cartilage for my dog, and made an awesome stock from the bones. At first I was intimidated, but every time I learn to cook a new cut of venison I feel so powerful haha. Drinking used to be part of my cooking adventures…cooking is still one of my favorite things do, just sober now.

18 Likes

Evening check in. Tonight has been challanging. Not feeling so well having headaches and feel a bad sinus cold coming on. Struggled to get out of my head and give up.tonight. just tired of being sick but also know i didn’t come this far to start over. I just want a feel good day already.:disappointed_relieved:so frustrated.

13 Likes

Officially 1 year alcohol free yesterday. I guess I should of made a bigger deal of it but at the end of the day it was just another day for me. Been a good year. I’ve gotten back into hobbies I used to love, staying busy having fun and not feeling hung over, and overall just living. I’m at a point where I can hang with friends, that 98% drink heavily, go to bars for food, go to family events with alcohol and it doesn’t phase me one bit. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t believe the fight is over. It will always be there waiting for me to slip up. I’m just at a point where yesterday was good, today was good, and I’m hoping for a good day tomorrow. I know I don’t get on here often and post even less, but I know when I first started it was really inspirational to see people’s posts about accomplishments so I thought I should do the same incase it helps even one person. I hope everyone has had a good day and continues to tomorrow. If I can do it, so can you.

33 Likes

Hey :wave:
Congratulations on your one year of sobriety Drave.
Good for you man.
:pray:t2::heart:

3 Likes

Thanks Eric!

2 Likes

Congratulations! Sounds like you are in a great head space.

3 Likes

Day 476

Just applied to pick up another class at work. I don’t know if I will get it, but if I do, I will be officially busier than two years ago, when I reduced my workload because the “stress was making me drink”. There is of course that my kids are two years older now, but there is no doubt that not drinking allows you to handle so much more professionally. I have ideas and plans for articles, etc, too, that I didn’t do, co-incidentally😔 when my drinking was bad. It is funny looking back and seeing clearly the ways you were reducing your own life by drinking.

18 Likes

Levels schmevels…
It’s all a matter of perspective.
We see your level from a different level to yourself @Jennajen
You are not beneath anyone.

levels

11 Likes

This cannot be true. We all have strengths and weaknesses, it balances out… we’re all equal. I think you rock, his loss. Please don’t think that anyone is above you ever.

5 Likes

A huge congratulations on 1 year! Well done :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

338 days

Travelling into work today so up extra early with a clear head, never ever will i take that for granted. Dinner prepared for this eve. Not looking forward to the office but I am going face it like a grown up.

@CATMANCAM you are such a kind, giving person just make sure you put yourself top of list with selfcare :orange_heart:
@apes2020 your days they have stacked up nicely,so happy things are working out well and agree mornings are so special, I always leave a couple of hours for my morning routine so grounding, envious you coming into summer its freezing here. :cold_face:
@RosaCanDo hope you feel better soon, nothing worse than sinus pain, take care
@EarnIt good luck regarding job, wise move stability will help you, well done on hitting 2 weeks :clap:
@Newlife5 sinus is horrible wishing you a speedy recovery
@Misokatsu Fleur wow thats progress, all down to you and your sobriety :slightly_smiling_face:

I better dash, wishing you all a strong day :pray::green_heart:

21 Likes

Congratulations on 1 year, so happy for you, thank you for sharing, sounds like you in a great place :grinning:
199175675-congratulations

2 Likes

Checking in day 175 Still Going Strong!
I know I haven’t checked in on here in a while, but I’d thought I’d let you guys know I’m still sober and it still is going pretty good… I hope everyone is doing okay and well and sober… :grin::blush::heart:

21 Likes

Thank you for sharing your milestone and congratulations with it! :tada::tada::tada:
1 year is awesome!

5 Likes

Day 70 checking in odaat :pray:t2: Keep taking it day by day do the next right thing those days soon add up

15 Likes
  1. Coffee. Last day of autumn in the northern hemisphere. Sad and wet out here. Got to work later so it isn’t too bad. I’m not hungover either. That’s very good. Just daydreaming of a blue sea, a beach, a sun lounger… I’ll be thinking of @apes2020 today. Enjoy your spring down there April. And have as good a day as you all can friends. Sober and clean. Love from Amsterdam and the Aegean sea in 2016.

@Drave Huge congrats on your full year of sobriety & thanks for sharing!
@Newlife5 Keep going Cindy. Sorry you’re feeling sick. Being sober will help to get better faster. Hugs.

20 Likes

Today marks exactly 1 year of sober freedom. 1 year free from the chains of addiction. 1 year of me getting my life back on track and 1 year for my loved ones that got me back as the real me.

And boy, what a ride has it been and still is.

Thanks to all the fellows on the forum, the great people i got to know here that are always welcoming even if i dont show up that often or that long anymore. You lot are top class and i thank you for that with the whole of my heart.

Thanks to the NA program for taking me in like i belonged there, for getting me a sponsor that guides me through the 12 step program and whom i can call whenever i need him. Thanks for the fellows which i meet there everyweek.

In active addiction i always thought i was alone, and would be for the rest of my life. Sobriety proved me massivly wrong because even though there is alot of addiction in the world nowadays. Sobriety is groing stronger by the minute, and we can all do this aslong as we do the groundwork and trust in our higher power to help us out.

Thanks again, lets keep going.

Bart

46 Likes