Checking in daily to maintain focus #37

Thank you! I’m ok I guess. Actually it was me who initiated this, he is not the kind of person who would easily make difficult steps, so I was better prepared for that. We won’t separate, we will stay together as friends. But it’s a big change, and a really tough one considering that we really love and care about each other.

9 Likes

What a double feeling that must be. Break up is hard :pensive: Take care of yourself. It’s needed.

1 Like

Good morning! Last night marked 1 full week alcohol free! Still in some pain from surgery but thankfully recovery is going well. My focus has been on that, so seems easy not to drink. I worry a bit about how I’ll cope once my sister leaves. She’s been a huge help both in terms of my physical health and mental health.

20 Likes

How exciting @Ravikamor!! You must be ecstatic. That’s going to be one spoiled baby but that’s what grandmas do. Congratulations!! :baby_bottle::baby:

1 Like

Day 5 checking in. Yesterday I started a new per diem job and it went pretty well!

22 Likes

Congratulations! My little granddaughter is also an August baby!

1 Like

I got a late start, but I’m loving it, too! :heart::nerd_face:

1 Like

Hey all, checking in on day 570. I hope everybody has a good one today!

23 Likes

Good morning friends, day 417! I ran out of likes/loves about 40 posts ago. But I did read everything! Proud of all of your accomplishments!

Turned off my alarm this morning and promptly fell right back asleep :worried: was about 1/2 hour late logging into work. No one notices but I hate being late.

Have an awesome day! I am going to do mine sober!

29 Likes

Congrats on your week clean.:+1:. Great job on the cigs.

1 Like

Congrats on your 1 week.:clap:

Incredible :heart::heart::heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::pray::pray::pray::pray:

Glad to be here today. Just stepping into day 4. 1st January exam done this morning out of 3. Very grateful of getting through this morning without too much anxiety. Anxiety is being a burden but I will accept it and do my best to just take it one day at a time and hope it eases with time :pray:

23 Likes

Day 146 and I’ve been deeply contemplative for the past couple days. I may have recently introduced too many new commitments for myself and I need to take a step back and regroup. I’ve noticed since becoming sober that it doesn’t take a whole lot to overwhelm me. Oh, I can go and do all day long if it’s for someone else, but I’m having a difficult time focusing on what I need just for me. I know I’m gonna get there. It’s just taking me a while to figure out what makes me click. :upside_down_face:

I started a thread back in October about our brains and recovery. I love learning and discussing this subject. I haven’t shared outside of that thread, but I wanted to put a link to my thoughts from yesterday. I hope it might be beneficial for some of y’all. :slightly_smiling_face::purple_heart:

25 Likes

33 Likes

Belated congratulations on your amazing achievement of 1 year sober! :heart:

3 Likes

I’m loving all the 1 week sober posts. @KarenKW @Butterflymoonwoman @Cherry_Kisses @SC-ptsd
Well done folks!! :tada: :partying_face: :sparkles: :partying_face: :tada: Congratulations!!

@kat261 :blue_heart: 5 months is HUGE! :blue_heart:

7 Likes
  1. Good day TS family. Today my children begin online schooling again. Thankful I have my positive tools and support…Sponser mostly my higher power to look too for support and guidance. No longer the need for lunchtime drinking to get through. Thankful those days are in my past .

Hope everyone has a great 24 hours.:pray:t5::purple_heart:

29 Likes

Day 49

Feeling great this morning. Positive that no matter what happens today, I’ll have a good attitude and just do my best. Have a wonderful day everyone

23 Likes

Congrats Becky that’s awesome news.
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like