Checking in daily to maintain focus #37

And thatā€™s just the addict playing games with us; telling us that weā€™re missing out and depriving ourselves by choosing sobriety. Let me remind you, using wonā€™t give anything. It has zero benefit. I know it feels like using offers something when Iā€™m inside the controlled environment and bubble of my addiction, but itā€™s a lie. We didnā€™t work hard all these years in recovery just to stay chronic relapsers. Stay strong. Remember, I want this sober life and so do you.

4 Likes

Checking in day 49. Sundays are my favourite day of the week. Gonna do some relaxing as my laundy is off the list today. Washer broke down. I alway make a big dinner on sundays even though only 1 kid is still at home. its a tradition i grew up with and will probably continue even when a empty nester. So curry chicken it is on tonight menu.
Heres to a relaxing Sober Sunday!:grin:

15 Likes

Thank u soo much!!! Thank u for reminding me that using has no benefit. It holds no value. My mind is lieing to me. And I have new tools today to help me get thru this.
Iā€™m proud of you by the way for getting thru ur high toxic level of 8 and ur urges. Itā€™s inspiring for me to see that bcuz then it shows me that I can get thru my issues too. Iā€™m not alone. I can get thru today, 5 min, 1 hour, 1 day at a time :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Day 5 AF.
Weekend done and dusted.

21 Likes

Day 50 and counting!
Still been busy as all hell around here, 90+ hours a week in the office, while trying to manage life with the single half day I get free.
But ah well, it is what it is right.
One of our guys is coming back from medical leave next week so I should be back to my normal 80hrs a week with my 2 days off so at least iā€™ll be able to kick my feet up and relax again.
My apartment is pretty well done now. The former tenant (friend of mine) still has yet to pick up the rest of his stuff, but I managed to store it away in a closet I wasnā€™t using so at least its finally out of my way.
Adopted my kitten yesterday! Made for a super long day though. Totally worth it though

27 Likes

Congratulations on 49 days.
What time is dinner?
I love chicken curry. :yum:
Love to see it on the foodies thread.
https://talkingsober.com/t/foodies-unite-4-trigger-warning-food-dont-go-bacon-my-heart!
:pray:t2::heart:

5 Likes

@Twizzlers thank you so much :blue_heart:
@Singtone wish you well :pray:t2:
@Dansig congrats on 8 months :tada: sorry about your friend :blue_heart:
@Jesile congrats on 70 days :tada:
@Lotusflower congrats on 50 days :tada:
@EarnIt sending strength :blue_heart: I can relate.
@Andrea4 congrats on your week :tada:
@Mich80 congrats on 60 days :tada:
@Grumpybeard congrats on 4 months :tada:
@Willowwhiny welcome :slightly_smiling_face: congrats on 6 days :tada:

11 Likes

@Sunny11 congrats on getting through that, not what you expect when taking your children to tennis matches, Iā€™m sure! :tada:
@Butterflymoonwoman I can relate to this ā€˜feeling softā€™, I really donā€™t like it either. Solidarity :blue_heart:
@ShesGotMoxie congrats on 150 days :tada: sending hope that the sadness lifts atleast a little :pray:t2:
@Scrammbles congrats on 50 days :tada:

517 days no alcohol.
78 days no nicotine.
16 days no binge-eating.
9 days no cocaine.

Was awoken from a nap this morning by really aggressive shouting coming from a neighbouring property, the man did not stop shouting, I tried to ignore it for about 15mins but it was triggering some PTSD stuff for me. I managed to put the TV on and watch 2 episodes of the new series of one of my favourite TV singing shows, couldnā€™t manage to sit through the 3rd and most recent episode but by then the shouting had stopped and Iā€™ve been laying in bed meditating and catching up on here. I also downloaded TikTok for the first time and some of the stuff it showed me was funny so that was nice too.

Iā€™ve been really struggling with this situation with my friend confronting me yesterday, I hate when things occupy my mind, like thinking of what Iā€™d say if I replied, it gives me anxiety because Iā€™ve never been able to say what I want to say to her, sheā€™s too confrontational. I do think itā€™s best I leave it, even though it feels really awkward.

Iā€™m still having using thoughts every day at the moment, but they arenā€™t what Iā€™d call ā€˜urgesā€™ because I feel like I have a choice now, and Iā€™m choosing sobriety.

29 Likes

Thanks Cindyā£ļø

You just put a huge smile on my face.

Thank you.

:orange_heart::seedling:

1 Like

Sorry to hear about the passing of your friend. Itā€™s always a rude awakener when this disease takes someone close to us.
Congrats on your recovery Dan.

:orange_heart::seedling:

2 Likes

Hey Cam way to go on maintaing and working through your urges.

I as well downloaded Tik Tok a few weeks agoā€¦a nice escape ā€¦to bring laughter,:rofl:

Thank you for the congratulations.,:heavy_heart_exclamation:

2 Likes

Donā€™t stop talking about this. Keep shining light on it, it will lose its strength.

What was the situation? Maybe I missed your postā€¦

3 Likes

Congratulations on your 150 days :clap:. Hopefully the day gets better.

1 Like

Congrats on day 50.:+1:

2 Likes

Woke up at 5am to the sound of a metal bed frame being thrown out of a 4th storey window right above meā€¦

The tenant was in a full on meth psychosis episode and smashed his window and proceeded to hurl a whole metal bed frame out the window.

I am lucky I did not sleep with my window open last night or I would not have a window this morning. The frame would of smashed my window on the way down.

More signs from the universe showing me why I am to NEVER touch meth again.

Also more signs to push me to move out of here faster :rofl: I applied for a few properties over the weekend so hopefully I get some good news this week :pray:

30 Likes

Thank you! Ya im trying not to keep these thots to myself. The situation happened this morning while leaving my apartment. It wasnā€™t overly serious but 2 people (woman and man) were getting really rude and mouthy with me in the lobby over a key fob to a unit they were renting for a few days. I found the man passed out in the elevator as I was trying to go to work. He left the elevator after my husband told him to leave but he accidentally left his fob behind. Anyway they started getting rude and whatnot in the lobby as I was heading out due to this fob. My hubby came down to the lobby with the man from suite 414, stepped in and ended the situation. Anyway this is what began my using thots. And then issues came up of me feeling ā€œweakā€. Realizing that I donā€™t have those survival skills anymore (which is actually a good thing to be honestā€¦ cuz I donā€™t need them anymoreā€¦) BUTā€¦ I donā€™t like feeling weak. Like I cant handle myself anymore. I feel ā€œsoftā€ to this type of thing now. Idk. It thru me off. Iā€™m in such a weird state mentally. Idk. Honestly, this would be a very stupid situation to relapse on (I mean realistically any situation doesnā€™t need to be a reason to use) but this reason in particular would be a super stupid reason. That would be like me giving away my power to these people. Why should I let them impact me SO much as to ruin my clean time, feel crappy about myself, and cause financial stress. Nope not doing it. Ya I needed to let this out :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Omgā€¦ how awful is this?! What a way to wake up :frowning: I had a situation happen too 1st thing this morning (definitly not as serious as ur situation tho) but was related fo substances and other people causing problems. Ya another good reason to stay on this path :slight_smile: hope ur day gets better!

2 Likes

Day 43 Sober

Really good day, took the kids to the cinema, nice family meal afterwards followed by fun and games before settling in for an early night. Up and out to work for 5amā€¦.and well, youā€™ve all seen my pics so itā€™s clear that I need lots and lots of beauty sleep!

Love, hugs and prayers to you all!

:heart::hugs::pray:

21 Likes

Isnā€™t it interesting how we perceive things when the universe shows us signs of growth.

Iā€™ve never been more put off from using in my life. Seeing this this morning just cemented the fact that I absolutely LOVE being clean and will protect my sobriety at all costs.

Also, the tenant threw a big bottle of yellow turmeric powder out the window. My window was covered in yellow orange power like it was that Indian colour festival LOL :laughing: you know the one where there is beautiful multi coloured powder thrown every where LOL? :rofl:

7 Likes