Checking in daily to maintain focus #37

Checking in day 9 for me! just wanted to say a quick thank you to all of you on here and anyone else making the choice to get sober…you’re all an inspiration and I’m truly grateful to have found this forum. These are trying times indeed and it’s a blessed feeling, reading and receiving insight from you all. I hope I can be helpful and inspiring to others as you all have been for me♡ much love and have a blessed day everyone!

18 Likes

Hi everyone, :wave:. Onto 16 days now, day 8 of yoga of a 30 day challenge… all is peaceful so I must be connecting myself in a peaceful way. Stress = downward spiral for me so I check in a hundred times daily with myself, my thoughts (stop going off at hundred miles an hour), fluids, vitamins, food, fun stuff, making sure I lighten up and smile more, not take EVERYTHING so seriously. It’s many many daily practises to make a life I would like to live. Slow and steady…:grin::grin::grin::grin::two_hearts:.
If anyone finds the joker meme please post ( why so serious )…:pray::smiley::pray:

21 Likes

Checking in
Day19
Crazy hectic morning today. I normally I love Mondays but this Monday is trying :confounded: I have sooo much to do. It’s noon and I’m not even half way done lol. Just picking away at my list. Did still do my regular recovery stuff AND I hit the gym at 530am too. So there has been some positives! Will check in abit later once I get jone from grocery shopping. Hugs!!

25 Likes

Checking in on day 254 alcohol free. Kiddos had the day off from school and I from work commemorating the life of MLK Jr. It’s been a relaxing day of homemade lunches and quality time. I’m currently getting my lift on. I’m on week 3 of a 12 week cut phase and down 8.6 lbs. Tracking macros and maintaining the muscle mass I’ve gained is certainly an exercise in discipline. Have a great day everyone. It’s a great day to be above ground and sober.

21 Likes

joker-why-so-serious

5 Likes

@Mrsjackson welcome!!! Day 7. My mother is in the hospital again. I hope to deal well with the stress

8 Likes

Checking in day 44.
Feeling really good emotionally and physically.
Have a great day everyone❤

18 Likes

Fell off yesterday :cry:. Went to a birthday party and was offered one beer and I took it. :disappointed:

When I came home I had 4 more beers and I really should have stopped at the one

I went to sleep and there was still beer in my can. I didn’t feel drunk when I fell asleep mainly buzzed.

Last night my husband tells me what I grabbed the beer can and was talking to it like I was speaking into a phone. Then I shook up the can as I was saying no to my brother.

I realize me drinking has a lot to do with my subconscious and my worries about things. I am more prone to drinking when I worry and get sad

I will cast all of my burdens and worries on the Lord Jesus Christ. I am confessing I am tired of doing this and I am ready to live for the Lord. I know I will never be perfect but I am going to strive to be with him forever. I am tired of temporary satisfaction. I am ready to surrender my soul and pick up my cross and follow Christ. Amen :pray:t5:

Matthew 11:28-30 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Jesus I give my life to you. I pray that you Save me and I confess that you are Lord and the Son Of God, you died for Our Sins and you have died and risen again 3 days later. I love you Jesus

Please I give my alcohol addiction to you.

Amen :pray:t5:

19 Likes

20 Likes
  1. Here, not drinking. Tired and hungry. Going to make early dinner :sparkling_heart:
21 Likes

‘God will do for us what we can’t do for ourselves’, These are words spoken many times in AA but there is a lot we can do for ourselves as well. I’m sure many alcoholics come from a religious background or have developed a belief which they turn to when they want help. I too have my own personal belief and it wasn’t enough to keep me sober. What I was lacking was faith, faith in the power of humanity, faith in the knowledge and experience of other people. Instead of faith I walked in fear and that fear was enough to make me pick up every day. Faith has given me the ability to go to any length possible to stay sober, to do all the things I never thought I would do like go to meetings, phone other people for help and know no matter what happens in my life I do not control it so I can’t use it as an excuse to drink. We can’t blame outside circumstances for an inside problem.
God is good and every morning asking for the strength not to pick up that first drink bc I am powerless over alcohol is at the top of my to do list but for the rest of the day I have to do the work and take the right actions and most importantly of all is practice the correct responses. I wish you well on your journey. :+1:

9 Likes

Thanks for your response. I gave my life to Christ at 15 far before I ever tasted any alcohol. It has been a challenging walk for me. When my feet get weary I need to learn to put my burdens on the Lord. I actually had a dream about this. Think walk to full sobriety is not easy either but I will surely not give up. I have come this far from drinking every other day to one day a week. From drinking hard alcohol to a few beers. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and that is through Christ who strengthens me. Amen :pray:t5:

6 Likes

Yes! :smiley::smiley::smiley::joy:…that’s the image I should have when I’m stressing out about small stuff!!!.. God bless heath ledger :yellow_heart::fist_left::fist_right::yellow_heart:

2 Likes

Checking in
Day19
Day has been one hell of a Rollercoaster ride. Stressful in the morning, then everything leveled out. Went outside to get groceries and the +11 weather literally brought everyone and their dog out lol and rude people today too… ignorant people. People with very little common sense! Literally said the serenity prayer more times than I can count. Got groceries came home. Did more cleaning. Things started to level out once again. Then got a call that turned things upside down. Took ALOT out of me to not blow up honestly. I am so done fighting this issue that I adtually feel numb right now. This situation that I’m dealing with is an ongoing issue and I have absolutly no choice but to deal with this organization. I am constantly advocating and dealing with their stupidity. I’m trying to live life on life’s terms. It’s so hard somedays. Slight thought of using but really what good would that do? Mess everything up even more AND make me feel shitty. I just can’t people today. Need to pull myself out of this asap.

23 Likes

Your definitely headed in the right direction, well done :grin:

4 Likes

Something we learn in distress tolerance is called TIP.

The cold water helps me alot… on days like you have had cool showers help me settle.

19 Likes

I have you both in my prayers :pray: sending you some hugs too :hugs::hugs::hugs:

7 days thats brilliant to hear :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I love the fact it has to tell us not to breathe underwater. At this point we clearly are not thinking straight. :joy:

6 Likes

Iv never seen or heard of these techniques before, definitely going to try them whdn needed.
Thanks

2 Likes

Haha I needed that laugh :smiley:

3 Likes