Checking in daily to maintain focus #37

Checking in on DAY 30!!! Everyday has been getting better and better. I’m working on my self esteem and mental health and things have been going so well with a sober mind. I can see clear, think clear and make the right decisions for my life. I’m so thankful for all of you here!! You guys have helped me stay focus and reach 30 days the love and support is always overwhelming in a good way lol the you guys make me hold myself accountable and I thank you for that I really do!!

30 Likes

Congratulations on your 30 days Kiki.
:pray:t2::heart:

2 Likes

Hi all, checking in on Day 148

Still sleepy need some caffeine. But life is good I have had a great reduction in using dreams. I feel a desperation to hang on to my sobriety and recovery.

Plan for today is to go to gym, get some cleaning done around the apartment, and a shit-ton of laundry, and hit a Zoom NA meeting tonight.

Love you all and have a great clean and sober day!

@StarK31 huge congrats on 30 days!

22 Likes

Hey beautiful people-

Checking in on day 10. So far a very positive and addict voice free afternoon. Cheers to that continuing for all of us

14 Likes

image000000
Day 77, aiming for a good day. Seriously tho ever since my relapse and diving into that meth I really messed my mind up. I mean my mind was already messed up but with the year of sobriety I had a real sense of me and clarity in myself. And I literally just feel like I’m at beginning. Hard to describe, but I’m grateful I’m hear and pushing. It’s been a really mild winter around here which isn’t bad but kind of boring bc not much snow to go and do things with the girls. Going to try and get out and do something with them today, I think we all need it.

26 Likes

Day 3 check-in.

Last few times this day or day 4 are the ones that sunk me. This time, I am determined to make it past this barrier.

19 Likes

So, I’m just gonna shoot straight from the hip with this one @Butterflymoonwoman.

It seems to me that he still wants to control any aspect of your life that he can, he abused you for years and you finally got away. Now he can’t control you and abuse you physically he has resorted to contacting you and abusing you emotionally and mentally again!

You got away because nothing good could come of being in an abusive relationship. You don’t need him for closure, all that you would be doing is opening yourself up to more abuse, opening old wounds and leaving yourself vulnerable. The mention by him of the tattoo is just a way of trying to lure you into his trap and hoping that he can control you, get you back and use it as a way to emotionally blackmail you and then abuse you again!

Love yourself enough to know you are better without him and are more than enough! A strong independent woman who is a survivor!

Love and hugs your way

:hugs::heart::pray:

10 Likes

Thanks @Its_me_Stella . Such great advice I appreciate you sharing it. I will do exactly that today and going forward. Sometimes it’s tough to swim out of those thoughts but getting reminders like yours and skills to do it really helps. :heart:

3 Likes

Day 566 clean and sober today. Love you guys. :sunglasses::metal:t2:

18 Likes

Day 519
Was talking to my dad about what we wanted to have out for snacks on new year’s and the conversation went from a simple little plate of cheese and crackers to me teaching him about charcuterie boards - then all of a sudden we found ourselves at the store buying 5 types of cheeses, 3 crackers, two sausages, heaps of fruit and veg, pickles, and pepperoncinis. We were purely talking about it jokingly and how it has become so trendy but now it has turned into our own elaborate endeavor.

Volunteering at a local winter endurance race all day Saturday. Looking forward to hanging out on at a cabin on a frozen lake and helping racers. This is one of the big three for the Order of the Hrimthurs that I want to race in the future after I’ve had my knee surgery so I’m really looking forward to it and seeing everyone’s set ups.

As I don’t seem to come on here often anymore I will wish you all a happy new year now! I am so grateful for this community and reading everyone’s daily journeys reminds me to protect my sobriety and not become complacent. Wishing you all the best!

23 Likes

So far so good. It helps that I was not one for going out much in recent years and my friend and I are celebrating New Years together and she’s not drinking either. We’ve got alcohol free Prosecco. I found Boxing Day was the day I struggled but it was for emotional reasons more than anything. I will hit 1 year sober at 8 pm tomorrow night but I’m still not taking that for granted. Stay strong you know it’s worth it

5 Likes

I love this update man! Except for the family part, of course. Glad you’re grabbing life by the horns though :muscle:

3 Likes

Another day of sobriety. Grateful . Praying for all and have a great New Years tomorrow.

12 Likes

Celebrating day 66.

Have a great sober Thursday everyone!

20 Likes

Day 202. Made it home. Not going to lie, friends; I am emotionally exhausted. I feel like I have a feelings-migraine. Is that a thing? The kids are climbing up the walls, as they have been couped up in planes and cars. My partner seems to be keeping a cold distance these days, and I am just trying to process the whirlwind of emotions of visiting my parents and childhood home again. Now I am just overwhelmed. This is definitely one of the states for which I used to turn to alcohol as a coping mechanism. I will be honest, I had some sneaky thoughts earlier when we were refueling the car near a liquor store. This time of year is just tough, you know?

25 Likes

I hear you, Drew. Well done for getting through it. :boom::muscle:t2:

5 Likes

Checking in as day 361 draws to a close.
Happy to be sober today. Grateful to friends here.
Have a great sober day, wherever you are.
Goodnight. :sleeping::zzz:

23 Likes

Thank you for typing this. I kept writing out something very similar and deleting it cause i didn’t want it to be taken the wrong way. Ditto on your comments!

1 Like

Congratulations on the double sevens Mike. Loved your gif and check in. It’s great to see you keeping at it. Happy New Year to you and the girls. :pray:t2::heart:

5 Likes

This time of year is SO tough. Those migraines based off emotions… I call those emotional hangovers lol cuz they stem from feeling overwhelmed and exhausted from emotions. I’m glad your working through it tho each day and staying clean and sober. Glad ur coming on here and posting about it too. It’s so important that we get stuff out

6 Likes