Checking in daily to maintain focus #37

Day 5 . Deprivation of sleep is an issue I have to face seriously

17 Likes

Checking in!
Been a decent day so far. Faced the -37Ā°C weather to go grocery shopping. It is actually very invigorating :slight_smile: I can see why thereā€™s people who enjoy those ice baths. I got all the dishes done and spruced up our bathroom by changing our shower curtain. Took the Christmas tree down to make room and now Iā€™m doing laundry while hubby is making steak with mushrooms n onions, mashed potatoes, and veg. Mmmm. I love meat (and I used to be vegetarian AND veganā€¦ for moral reasons). Anyway, today has been okay. I HAVE to get back to my routine tho. My usual routine that helps me with my recovery. Iā€™m slacking and that needs to stop. Hope everyone is well :pray:

29 Likes

@anon52066378 Congratulations!

Yesterday was Day 503 and we had a sprinkling of snow. Helped the kids collect it up and managed to make a decent snowman.

Flashbacks to a winter two or three years ago. Hungover so ignored their pleas to play with them and got them to play in the snow by themselves. Dragged myself outside to admire their creation and then went straight back in to lie down. Appalling.

38 Likes

Seems to me you already totally broke that cycle Patty. You are totally killing it. The only thing Iā€™d say is try to find just a little bit of room for you yourself. You are doing so much for so many people. I have no idea how you do it. But I am in total awe of you girl, lady, mum, superwoman. Big big hugs. Much love.

13 Likes

Checking in, this is my first check in and day 2 for me. Today is going well. Iā€™m at work, which always lifts my spirits. Iā€™m a caregiver. And the snow outside is just beautiful , both things make me want to stay sober. Being here for my people, and being able to take in nature and itā€™s beauty. Iā€™m just feeling grateful, and determined not to have another day 1.

37 Likes

tumblr_mr97dnvI8j1sewcjpo1_400

5 Likes

Itā€™s still day 197 and I just want to say that I fought off the urges :smiley:

31 Likes

Itā€™s a new day here and Iā€™m glad to read this just before I go to sleep :zzz::zzz::zzz:. Good work friend.

5 Likes

Thank you x
And a big congratulations to everyone today :hugs:

6 Likes

DAY 2

I want and NEED freedom from alcohol.

The POISION. :skull_and_crossbones:

Iā€™m taking control of my life!

2022 is going to be different!!

31 Likes

Dy 1 here - The journey starts

28 Likes

Welcome! So glad to have u here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Twas a good day and addict voice free night! #RecoveryStrong

14 Likes

Checking in Day 36. ODAAT. Congratulations on 30 days! @anon52066378

20 Likes

Wow!!! Iā€™m so glad I didnā€™t miss this checkin! Congratulations my friend on 30 days!!! Omgā€¦ im SO happy for you :slight_smile: recovery is beautiful!

5 Likes

Patty dear,
first of all itā€™s great to see you checking in :heartpulse: I was sooo touched when you said that the smaller kids werenā€™t even phased bc theyā€™ve had so much stability with you :heart::heart::heart: Thatā€™s a massive statement right there!!!

I donā€™t have wise words on how to deal with the kidsā€™ mom. I hope sheā€™s accepting professional help. Getting guardianship sounds really really good. you seem to be willing to do that which is awesome. Like mno said, donā€™t forget yourself dear. Easier said than done but still it ought to be done.

Have a great new year!! :star:

11 Likes

Day 504

Meh day today. On vacation, and have plans to be ā€˜perfectly productiveā€™ and instead fully binge ate and only did what had to be done. I feel guilty and crap, but also pre-emptively defensive.

22 Likes

Thank you Tony it helps to be reminded how bad we felt as never want to be complacentā€¦ noticed we were on similiar days :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Sometimes we need these days. Indulge in 'm. Feeling all guilty about it spoils the fun. :wink: :hugs: :kissing_heart:

7 Likes

Glad to see you Amy. Letā€™s work this stuff. Together.

3 Likes