Checking in daily to maintain focus #38

Come spend some time on the gratitude thread that green eyed monster will fuck off fast.

Daily Gratitude List. Gratitude The Air Of Recovery

4 Likes

Me too!

I havenā€™t told you but Iā€™ve learned about acceptance from reading your posts. I appreciate that. Like you, I struggle at times with negative emotions; also youā€™ve shared about being a comfort eater and that certainly describes me too. :innocent: I think youā€™re right that being kind and stopping to breathe, for perspective, is helpful.

Thanks! :innocent:

4 Likes

Awe Matt this made me smile :slight_smile: thank u! Emotions are a tough one for me too. I have always done something to try and fix my feelings, wether it be food or shopping or exercise or drugs or sex or anything. 1 other thing I found that really helps me to get out of myself and my ā€œstinkin thinkinā€ is being of service to others. I will literally ask my HPā€¦ what can I do today to be of service to someone else? Getting out of myself ALWAYS helps me and improves my mood :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank u! I will go on there soon :slight_smile: I need to do that actually :slight_smile: hugs!

2 Likes

Congrats on day 44.
Lean on us when youā€™re willing.
The euphoria of recovery might just come back and give you a big happy hug tomorrow. Or the next day.
One day I wouldnā€™t be feeling it. And then all of a sudden. Bam :boom:. Itā€™s back. Then it leaves again. Go figure. :man_shrugging: Those dang feelings.

Iā€™ll leave this here for whoever might want to read it.

:pray::heart:

15 Likes

Gosh 600 days thatā€™s great work Rob well done
tenor-10

7 Likes

1000 congratulations sent to you.:tada::clap:

1 Like

Congrats on the 600. Happy for you. :sunglasses::+1:

Welcome to the 600 Club Rob.
You fucking rock star you :sunglasses:
:pray::heart::hugs::boom::boom::boom::boom:

7 Likes

This is awesome!!! Congratulations, Rob! :partying_face::purple_heart:

5 Likes

Massive congratulations @AyBee and @Rockstar24777

2 Likes

Thank you Rob!:purple_heart:

1 Like

Thank you @seb!!!

1 Like

Thank you @Hopeful777!!!

Awwww thanks @ShesGotMoxie i love the pic :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I had to edit because I ran out of replies so Thank you very much @Dazercat i love that pic too!!! :rofl::rofl::metal:t2::metal:t2::metal:t2::metal:t2:

4 Likes

@SadMemeQueen Iā€™m sorry youā€™re struggling? :blue_heart:Are you getting any support for your mental health from a doctor or therapist?
@Dolse71 thank you :blue_heart: congrats on 500 days :tada:
@Bomdhil thatā€™s the spirit! Congrats on your week :tada:
@Hopeful777 thank you :blue_heart:
@SoberWalker beautiful photo, I love it when the sun shines through the clouds like that, it gives me hope, much like my profile photo :blush: I hope the ring fits :crossed_fingers:t2: is it your birthday today?
@Matt glad you shared but Iā€™m sorry youā€™re struggling, sending strength, I hope you find whatā€™s missing :pray:t2:
@Lotusflower Happy Birthday Pey Pey! :balloon::birthday::gift::partying_face: What a cutie :blush: I love the balloons and the colour of your sofa :heart_eyes:
@Rockstar24777 congrats on 600 days :tada: you rock!:metal:t2:
@AyBee congrats on quadruple digits :tada::star2::trophy:
@RosaCanDo belated happy 40th birthday :balloon::birthday::gift::partying_face: Iā€™m sorry it has left you with a flare, sending well wishes :bouquet:

12 Likes

Hi Cam. Thank you on all fronts. Glad too see you checking in. I meant to chime in but someone recently was responding to your post and mentioned how kind of a soul you are. I second that I feel your beautiful energy. Blessings my friend.:heart::pray:t5:

2 Likes

@Butterflymoonwoman congrats on double digits :tada:

541 days no alcohol.
6 days no cocaine.

I have literally had enough of my addict :sob: he knows that the door is finally closed on alcohol, and cocaine, so now heā€™s trying to lead me down new roads. I have a good friend that Iā€™ve only met once, years ago, but we speak on WhatsApp every day, have done for a few years now. Today was the first day he couldnā€™t obtain weed and discovered he canā€™t until Friday. Iā€™ve been talking to him all day to help keep him distracted, but then he sends me a screenshot of something, and Iā€™m not going to say what, because it clearly triggered me and it was an avenue to obtain that has never in 22 years crossed my mind, so I wouldnā€™t want to put the idea in anyone elses head. Anyway, off my addict went, into a very dark, very steep, all consuming, black hole, seeing what he could find, and he landed on pills, strong pain pills, and he tries to convince me that they would be good for me, because I am always in so much pain, itā€™s relentless. Somehow I dragged that demon out of that black hole, told him a firm no, and came on here to continue catching up on some other threads, but I literally have tears in my eyes typing this because the pull was so strong, he TERRIFIES me, it really is like another person or a seperate malfunctioning brain is inside me/my skull. It makes me feel so unstable and vulnerable. Addiction is so fkin powerful. It breaks my heart.

Sorry, I had to get that out.

The hospital havenā€™t called today either, I even called them at 5pm to query it and the lady assured me that I would receive a call by 8pm, itā€™s past 9pm here now and nothing. Itā€™s so frustrating because I donā€™t have reliable phone signal where I live so I have to sit in certain places around my flat from 8am-8pm waiting, hoping that theyā€™ll call.

I have a minor surgery on my bladder tomorrow morning, my dad is driving me to the hospital and home again, so I can give him his card and presents then. Then in the afternoon my GP is calling, so I need to remember everything I need to talk to him about, I will write it down before I go to sleep tonight.

21 Likes

Cam
So happy you said no and resisted the addict brain. Youā€™ve done it before you can continue saying no. Maybe itā€™s best to give that particular friend a break for now.

Glad you made the choice to come on here instead :pray:t5:

All the best for a smooth surgery tomorrow. I as well am a list person it helps tremendously.:heart:

Stay strong sending you hugs!

4 Likes

Thank you Des :blue_heart:

I will definitely keep coming here, Iā€™m just so thankful I was able to take back control and do the right thing today. I donā€™t feel strong when heā€™s in control. Iā€™ve lost many battles with him during the 50 day relapse, and I know Iā€™m very lucky to be alive, I feel battered and weak, and Iā€™m not having much look getting medical intervention. Trying to be hopeful that the call with the GP tomorrow will get things in place. :pray:t2: My friend realised that he had triggered me and apologised, Iā€™m confident he wonā€™t show me things like that again, but if he does he will be crossing a boundary and I will know to take a timeout.

5 Likes