Checking in daily to maintain focus #39

Thanks for sharing :heart: It is similar for sure! It’s almost like turning something negative into a positive. Those negative things (like negative self talk) can actually be transformed in the same way for something positive. If it works for the negative, it will work for the positive lol
I love making dreamcatchers. I posted some up on the art thread I think. This one I’m doing today is for my hubbys coworker who is struggling with alcoholism… well him and his wife. Its a bit diff as I’m doing the Leo Constellation in the webbing. I’ve tried other forms of art but realistically the only forms of art I have a passion for is baking custom cakes and dreamcatchers. I smudge the dreamctacher when im done too. I talk alot about God now, but for many years and how I started my journey of spirituality, was learning the Aboriginal culture back home… the medicine wheel, the 7 sacred Teachings, the medicines and their uses, smudging, sweats, drumming, ceremony. The culture is beautiful and I still incorporate it into my daily life :slight_smile: so I will smudge the dreamcatcher when it’s done to cleanse and set intention for them :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’m really noticing that caffeine affects me differently in the morning now that I’m not drinking, or maybe its just because I’m not drinking in general, but my anxiety is super high and it wasn’t when I first woke up and was laying in bed reading these posts but after two cups of coffee I’m feeling really unsettled and a little shaky and a little short of breath. It’s a beautiful day here and I’m excited for it but I don’t know if this feeling is actually a good feeling because I have more energy from not drinking or if I’m actually just feeling super anxious. I would get on my spin bike or go for a run to burn off some of this energy but I need a rest day because I teach so many fitness classes and I’m suffering from a slight hip flexor strain from overuse. Probably help if I could do a meditation but I just don’t know if I can do that right now. Anyways I know I’ll figure it out- just thought I’d share cuz it does make me feel better.

10 Likes

So proud of you Dana!! :clap:t3::clap:t3::clap:t3::relaxed::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: you are honestly killing it!!

3 Likes

Day 631 clean and sober today. Have an amazing day everyone I love you guys!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

23 Likes

Thank you so much :slight_smile:

1 Like

Caffeine is an interesting drug. It really affects people differently on an individual level, but also depending on what other things we may or may not be taking into our bodies.

There is a large thread on caffeine, which I’ll link you to. A lot of it is talking about quitting caffeine, but even if you have no intention of quitting, it would be great to have your experiences of how it affects you after getting sober in that thread if you ever feel the urge.

4 Likes

Next you’ll be to 3 weeks then a month and so on. Keep up the good work. Peace

6 Likes

I cannot wait! :relaxed::relaxed: Thank you @Tito23 !

3 Likes

Hey Dana

Thanks hun. Sitting in the chair as we speak.

Blessed day to you my friend.:sunflower:

2 Likes

7 9/16 M AF Checking in clean and sober and enjoying the coffee!
Hoping to get some exercise in today and get outside. Grateful to not be stuck in shame these days. Ty HP for the blessings in my life!!
Thank you all for sharing, enjoyment was felt.
Dear Tao, help me stay on the Path​:pray:🧘‍♂:hugs::four_leaf_clover:

13 Likes

Slava Ukraine!

21 Likes

@Butterflymoonwoman yes! Michael Sealey has lots of sleep hypnosis/guided meditations on youtube and his voice is incredibly soothing.

3 Likes

I’m sorry you have to deal with Grandparents without a filter. My MIL is like this and treats me and my daughter the same way. I’ve come to learn that its thier own insecurity coming out about themselves. Like a bully, who lashes out at others but inside is the most insecure person. Don’t let it get to you. Hope you had a good time with your friends.

3 Likes

Good to see you checking in.
:heart::ukraine:

5 Likes

Hello guys, checking in day 40.

Today has been the most hard day by far. I had many urges and temptation to watch p*rn throughout the day. I even thought that I will relapse today but I am happy to tell that i did not.

I kept telling myself that it is okay to feel bad and instead of resisting these urges and emotions, just allow them to be. Before whenever an urge arise, I would try to resist it and push it. I would try to force the sexual thoughts to go away but it always ended in relpases.

Today was different. Even thought it was hard, I tried to accept how i am feeling in the moment and observe the thoughts. I reminded myself of the goals and aspiration in my life. I know its just the start of the journey but its a big win for me

And am so grateful for you guys. Seeing you giving your best really inspire me.

Bye guys, have a great day and thanks for reading.

Love you.

14 Likes

Checking in 160 days sober.
While we check in here, take a little time today to check in with someone you love. Friend, family member, anyone. It’s a hard time in the world right now. Your call could give them light and hope when it’s needed most. :yellow_heart:

17 Likes

Congratulations :balloon::tada:

2 Likes

Thank you!!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

That sounds awesome liv. And great at rocking the jump, I can relate with anxiety I broke my ankle on a kid hill at a place called whiteface. I literally couldn’t stop and ran into the building at the bottom of the hill. But I am glad you got out there and had fun.

4 Likes

Day 142, girls did come over and we did have a good day much love

17 Likes