Checking in daily to maintain focus #41

Congrats on great work! Is it not Just a amazing feeling. Keep at it! :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Checking in - Day 32

Today, I decided to work from home. Slept in and bought a coffee and lemonade tea for my sweetheart. Iā€™m going to work on a presentation for an upcoming conference and I actually have a video interview this afternoon. Keep me in your prayers that God opens a door for me.

Probably going to the record store this late afternoon :grinning:

On the turntable ~
ā€œOrange Sunsetā€ Various Artists
Excellent Merl Saunders track (1974)!
Craft Recordings 2020

20 Likes

Thanks @TrustyBird I appreciate it. I definitely felt it this morning: Iā€™m feeling constructive :person_climbing:

3 Likes

Day 672 clean and sober today. I hope everyone has a great day, love you guys! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

19 Likes

Congratulations Dana heck yeah!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2::heart::tada::balloon:

2 Likes

Wow thatā€™s amazing! Youā€™re doing so well. Such a lot of ups and downs but Iā€™m so glad youā€™re here to share. You are one of the first ones to welcome me here and Iā€™m so grateful to be a part of this amazing community was such amazing beautiful people. Iā€™m so proud of you!

4 Likes

Good morning friends - day 517! If you celebrate this weekend, I hope you have an awesome Easter weekend! My company has Good Friday as a company holiday (because NYSE is closed) and I also took off Monday. Looking forward to a nice long weekend away from work. Picked up some drywall this morning for my bathroom project - probably put in a lot of time there tomorrow and Monday. Today, Linda and I are going to the movies! First time in a while and we have a brand new theater near our house that we want to try - those recliner seats, etcā€¦

Have an awesome day! I am going to do mine sober!

22 Likes

Day 149

Just checking in. Have a great day

15 Likes

Checking in 5.3 years sober. I am finally on Step 9: ā€œMade direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.ā€ My sponsor is having me do a living amends to myself for negative self talk that causes me harm. I will also do an amends to my older brother for drunk-texting him back when I was drinking. The gist of it was that he used to pick on me when I was growing up and this caused me a lot of issues later in life, like lack of self-confidence, that I felt kept me from achieving what I wanted. I blamed him in my texts - so I owe him an apology. He is a good brother now!

21 Likes

About to leave for Los Angels for a concert with my wife tonight. Then, tomorrow morning we fly to Cabo for a week. Non of this would have been possible if I wasnā€™t clean.

PS Happy 4th Sober Date to someone pretty freaking awesome. Thank you for always giving me someone to chase. Party Ballons

20 Likes

Wow, huge huge congratulations, Iā€™m so pleased for you, you deserve to celebrate, youā€™ve totally earned it.
Sending :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

1563 Wanted to do a quick check-in. Iā€™m so excited to prepare Easter for the kids this year. The twins and the baby donā€™t know what the Easter Bunny is, so Iā€™ve had a blast shopping for baskets and treats!

Be kind friends! Have a wonderful Friday and weekend!

19 Likes

So tired. So tired. Trying to figure out what to do next.

Day 41.

Unexpected trigger at a grocery store i havent been to since i got sober. Id usually pick up some cider and wine. I walked through that aisle and got a non alcoholic soda. I got coffee and a frozen tiramisu.

The frozen food i got has clearly been thawed and put back in so i might have to call and get a replacement??? I dont even know what to do about that, it hasnt happened before.

Very overwhelmed so i might sit and commit to at least finishing art. Sold a piece i loved to a friend for a little less than it was worth.

20 Likes

Right back at ya Dana. Great for you. So happy to see this.
Have a wonderful Easter weekend
:pray:

2 Likes

Iā€™m sorry to read that youā€™re feeling overwhelmed. I simply donā€™t go down those aisles at a market. Even at 8 months sober, itā€™s like Iā€™m teasing myself to see what Iā€™ll do. Know that these triggers become easier to manage, and happen a lot less, the longer you stay sober. Sending you hugs and strength. :yellow_heart::slightly_smiling_face:

Great job on 41 days!

7 Likes

Thinking of youā¤ļø it must be hard when the grocery stores sell alcohol. We only have one grocery store around that sells wine but most donā€™t.
How frustrating about the frozen food!!!
I hope you are feeling less overwhelmed. Did you end up doing some art?

2 Likes

Totally teared up. So trueā€¦ Thanks for sharingā¤ļø

1 Like

That is amazing! Its shocking how much money we all have saved! Congrats again!!

1 Like

Hello guys. Just checking in day 33

@Butterflymoonwoman Hey dana, congrats on reaching 2 months. You are doing great and soon you will see yourself reaching 3 months and so on. Great work.

Have a nice day guys. Bubye.

14 Likes

Checking in 1 month 10 days sober

12 Likes