Checking in daily to maintain focus #41

@Butterflymoonwoman Look at you go! :running_man:

2 Likes

100 DAYS AF

Alot has changed in that time. I have come to understand my addiction issues and how to overcome them. Breaking a habit is certainly difficult, but if you want something bad enough, will power and self belief goes a long way in helping you achieve your goals. If you have good people around you that certainly helps too. But most of all, itā€™s up to YOU. I have done some things in these past 100 days that I most certainly did not think would be achievable and having so much fun at the same time. My health, both physical and mental have improved vastly. I have lost 16kgs since early January. The most important thing is alcohol no longer controls my emotions, my time, my thoughts, my wallet, my lifeā€¦
Huge thank you to everyone in this group. Hold your heads high and be proud of yourselves. Love you guys.

34 Likes

Congratulations! And that is some weight loss!

2 Likes

Hey guys. Checking in with 17 days. Feeling good. I can feel a bit of a pull to the pub over these long weekends. But my partner and I are in this together, normally partners in crime spending all our money on beer. We had some good alcohol free drinks with Good Friday lunch yesterday with the family, went and hired some electric scooters and cruised along the water in the sunshine. It was a good day, and today will be one too. Just have to ignore that little voice in my head thatā€™s telling me the pub would be great on a day off, cause it really wonā€™t be.
Have a great weekend guys. Thanks for being here :two_hearts:

20 Likes

Tonight will be day 47 of no self harm

I have a couple chronic health conditions not related to my eating disorder, so I have a hard time telling why Iā€™m feeling bad physically.

Anyway, my hair has been short for a long time so there was never enough hair to get tangled. Itā€™s at the length now that I have to brush it. I brushed it today and thereā€™s so much hair falling out. I always woke up with hair on my pillow but I figured that itā€™s normal. And now brushing my hair it all just comes out.

I know this symptom at least is because of my lack of food intake. Even when I eat itā€™s absolutely nothing of nutritional value. I have to somehow motivate myself to eat healthier and more often. Food is a really big issue for me. I hate my body as is, I donā€™t know if I could stand seeing myself gain weight. I just donā€™t know how Iā€™m going to do it, but I know I have to. Iā€™ll never get out of this town if Iā€™m not healthy enough to support myself.

On top of that discussing my family with my therapist yesterday has made me realize that up until about 13 I have very minimal memories. I canā€™t account for so many years. That stressed me out last night and now my brain is just trying so hard to go back and remember. I donā€™t want to remember those things. I already have PTSD from the things that I do remember. I donā€™t know if I can deal with more memories. I never processed anything and I keep running from it. Sometimes I start to process but itā€™s too much and I just shut down.

I just feel like Iā€™m realizing that my ā€œokayā€ is a very very very low. My ok is not being suicidal. Thatā€™s the best my mood gets.

Sorry for long post. I just needed to get that off my chest

14 Likes

Day 15

Duality strikes hard today
Some days I am both the person being run from and the person being sought after.
Sometimes Iā€™m the one they regret and the one they remember fondly
The one that hurts them and the one who has to heal them.
Iā€™m not sure right now (or ever) but Iā€™m sober and Iā€™m here. Iā€™m not going to repeat myself anymore in that one regard; Iā€™m just tired of hurting and defensiveness right now on my [reactive] part. Lots of regret resurfacing right now.
Regardless, I stand here and refuse to turn back from whence I came.
This time I have observed enough and listened through many conversations enough already, recently, to realize I am going to broadly strike myself down if I go down that road anymore, ever again.
Grateful as heck for this community and Iā€™m going to lean in and continue to work on my listening skills and remembering that I donā€™t need to be defensive and reactive in order to get my point across or answer questions.
Iā€™m continuing to learn right now how unhelpful and hurtful that has actually been to myself and others. Iā€™m still learning the grace and art of forgiving myself and letting go.

I relate strongly to this song and highly recommend a listen:

Have a great day and Iā€™m still here

15 Likes

Good for you Alycia. Youā€™re making a choice for yourself and sticking with it, and eventually that voice will lose its volume. (It is still sort of left-over later on, but itā€™s not so immediate, if that makes sense.) One day at a time, sometimes one minute at a time, is how you get through it for the win.

For me when that voice comes (or whenever Iā€™m feeling vulnerable; that happens when I get discouraged about something in life) - when that happens I come here and share in the checkin thread. Getting the words out helps give it shape, and when itā€™s outside me I know it isnā€™t part of me - and I can walk by, let it pass me, like a stranger on a busy street.

Letting thoughts and feelings be, but also letting them pass by without getting stuck / fixating - this meditation really helped me feel that. Maybe you will find it helpful too :innocent:

https://insighttimer.com/MelliOBrien/guided-meditations/untangle-from-charged-thoughts

Take care Alycia and donā€™t give up. Youā€™re a good person who deserves a safe, sober life where you can be your full self. :innocent:

2 Likes

Good evening everyone ~
Tonight Iā€™m going to hear my sponsor speak at the AL Anon Club. I asked my wife if she wanted to go and she said yes! That makes me happy. She will get to meet most of my AA home group family as they plan on attending. Should be a fun sober night!

14 Likes

I put it out there. Iā€™m glad it found you!

2 Likes

1200 days today - just amazing. I am so grateful

29 Likes

Right there with you.

When I first had my trauma end event, as I guess Iā€™ll call it, about 3 mos later (the time it takes for hair to go through the whole growth and shed phase) , I literally lost half my hair. Fell out one morning. Then, as with you, my cPTSD made it so I was in constant fight/flight which is a sympathetic response in our body which says, DONT EAT! YOU MUST RUN FROM BEAR! and so I didnā€™t eat for a really long time. Like maybe 900 cals a day. For about a year or 2. My hair did the exact same thing yours is doing. Even to this day I still have trouble eating.

But, if I can manage 1g of protein per kg of body weight (Iā€™d prefer 1 g per poundā€¦ish) but heck, Iā€™m doing what I can. A d I have protein powder for that. itā€™s processed, but itā€™s food. and its easy. And it keeps my hair from falling out.

Iā€™m virtually holding your hand right now If thatā€™s what you need. Or Iā€™ll sit with you. Iā€™m sitting in my closet. It calm and quiet, and a really good spot to block out the crap for a bit. So letā€™s sit together and realize weā€™re 100% worth taking care of ourselves < 3. Weā€™ve got this!

6 Likes

Checking in
Day 60
Today has been a busy day celebrating my hunnys 48th bday. While he was out buying himself a Jordan outfit, I decided to decorate the front door and inside the apartment, got him a McCain Cake (one of his fav) and smoothed out the icing and used cake decorations that I had on hand to make it more personalized. Did up his gifts and then waited for him to come home. Since Iā€™ve been clean snd sober (him too), I have really enjoyed spoiling people lol its like Iā€™m not so much a cold hearted woman anymore and not nearly as shut down. Anyway, he enjoyed his stuff. Then I went grocery shopping as we were really out of food. Got myself a water flavor enhancer, avocados, and veg to help me with my healthy eating. Hubby is going to tattoo himself now. He was going to give me one but Iā€™m not sure exactly what I want. I had an idea for one but Iā€™m not sure haha he will fix it up and then Iā€™ll see if thereā€™s time for me to get it! Pretty good day over all! :relieved:

25 Likes

Well done! You deserve to be proud :purple_heart:

1 Like

Hey everyone, still not feeling well at all. Havenā€™t ate much in these last 4 days. Probably should of went to the doctors but if course like everything I can do it on my own. Girls are still a little sick but definitely were better and went home with there mom today and went to the movies so Iā€™m very happy for them. I am scared once I feel better that Iā€™m gonna keep up the same stupid Mike stuff. Like I said I used last Friday or w.e and came in here in a panick swearing to never do it again only to go and pick up Sunday. Iā€™m glad I got sick and feel like crap I deserve it. I need to think about maybe finding a job but I donā€™t even know where to look, I really blew the one place that was kind of good for me with all the benefits, but at the same time know it was definitely meant to be getting out there. But now Iā€™m really limited on where to try and get a job, no license and yeah small town limited jobs. I donā€™t really see the tattoo working, not bc I donā€™t want it to but bc Iā€™m not getting many clients. Idk much love, hopefully talk again soon

18 Likes

I love it too! So beautifully written!

1 Like

Take whatever job you can find for structure and tattoo on the side maybe??? Iā€™m glad youā€™re back here posting

7 Likes

Before it had a bookshelf in it I loved sitting in my closet. It was so quiet and calm. Thank you :heart: weā€™re worth it. Knowing itā€™s not just me means a lot

2 Likes

Way to go Seb!
Welcome to the hundreds club.
Itā€™s really cool watching the new you grow in your sobriety. Iā€™ve been seeing a different you ever since you came back this time. Iā€™m so excited for your success. Like Paul said @Dolse71 surround your self with winners.
Iā€™m so glad youā€™re back.
:pray:t2::purple_heart::cactus:

3 Likes

25 Likes

massive, huge congrats from over here :+1:well done.

4 Likes