Checking in daily to maintain focus #41

Great job, congrats on reaching 2 weeks :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

Morning all! Itā€™s beautiful weather here, and just reached my 90 days! :smiley: Havenā€™t been on here as much last month or so, generally as Iā€™ve been doing well. Whilst it is all going well, I must admit the sunny weather is a bit of a trigger. I hope you all are well! :pray::heart: Will check in again soon.

29 Likes

Wow this is amazing, keep going you are doing so well!!!:heart:

1 Like

A speedy recovery! I have had 3 vaccinations and was very sick with covid a month ago. Lasted 5 days. Awful but Iā€™m glad you recovered. Iā€™ts sucks but youā€™ll be fine eventually. Good luck and take it easy.

1 Like

Day 613

Busy Saturday - jog in morning, cleaning, took son to appointment, homework with kids, took kids to pool. Husband at work and then went to his parentsā€™ house to do rehabilitation for his mum, so he will be tired, and potentionally testy, when he gets back. A bit chilly tonight, so going to make some tea and read or websurf.

20 Likes

Congratulations thatā€™s a awesome achievement! Keep it up! The weather is also very nice here! Try to enjoy it, if you can. If it triggers too much, try to find a distraction. You can do it, I believe in you! Good luck!

That sounds fantastic. a day at the time. And you make the most of that day when I hear it like that. The weather is great for walking. And as for the job, you can do it. You wonā€™t know until youā€™ve tried it. With the right motivation, anything is possible. And it will look great on your resume. Go for it. But for now enjoy today and Easter. Fijn weekend!

1 Like

Congratulations on your 60 days! You are doing really great! And it is so nice to read about you because it makes a difference to many including myself because it is so recognizable.
Keep it up you can do it, I believe in you!

1 Like

I am right here with you Jess- I hate my job. The only thing I look forward to is the paycheck it provides. Iā€™ve been looking for a year. But, through my faith and Godā€™s mercy, I believe that Iā€™ll have a new job within 100 days. I feel it! Iā€™m aggressively working with recruiters and doing everything I can. I also have to give up control and trust God that an open door will come my way. I know what you are feeling. Here to support. Letā€™s make a promise to each other that weā€™ll get through this :facepunch:t2:

1 Like

Checking in at 227 days clean. I had a wonderful, long sleep. I have been working since April 1, after 1.5 years of not doing anything. I still find the morning shifts difficult, especially when I have 4 in a row. My alarm goes off at 5 and every time I think, lie down for a few more minutes and then wake up 45 minutes later and have to drink coffee and have breakfast in my caršŸ˜‚
Iā€™m going to dye my hair in a moment because I have to look radiant tomorrow because tomorrow at Easter my 15 year old son will come to my house for the 1st time. So exciting! He lives in foster care and everyone sees that Iā€™m doing so well so they decided itā€™s good that my son can come to my home. I come to my sonā€™s house every month but he has never been to my home. Did too much shopping yesterday, Iā€™m going to make his favorite food and thought Iā€™ll bring some tasty snacks. However, I ended up with a crowded shopping cart at the checkout shocked at the price but hey everything for that one day! It must be perfect!

Furthermore, I have to say that I am so happy with this app and grateful for all the great advice I get and the stories I can read from you all. Iā€™ve had the app for much longer but only to keep track of how long I was clean. Then I wanted to change my background and discovered a whole forum, holy shit! Glad I discovered it, it does a lot for my recovery! Thanks everyone!

26 Likes

Hi @Misokatsu - I really enjoy reading your posts! You are so witty and have a great writing style. Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to read your story.

1 Like

Have a wonderful day with your son @LaDyLooNtje - so happy for you to be celebrating Easter with your son. :bouquet:

1 Like

Thank you Iā€™m so excited and looking forward to it! Itā€™s going to be beautiful weather so weā€™re making it a special day!

1 Like

Nice work!!!
I had soooooo many resets before I put together longer and longer stretches. Not to mention the money saved.
Keep going!!!

1 Like

Checking in. Today my Covid is like a bad hangover, its really pain full headaches. And my anxiety have kicked in, so it makes all worse. I have health anxiety, and really feel like something is terrible wrong.

14 Likes

Hang in there @Wakikki - take some deep breathes. You got this :facepunch:t2:

1 Like

Checking in - Day 33
Happy to have the day off! Took my sweetheart and pup to Starbucks for a coffee. Going to do a couple errands, but nothing too exciting. A little anxious thinking about workā€¦Ugh. I wonā€™t let my anxiety get the best of me today. So, no plansā€¦ having nothing to do is a trigger, but I know what to do if the desire to drink arises. I donā€™t feel like going to my Saturday morning meeting. It has too many people.

On the turntable ~
Ikebe Shakedown 2017
Colemine Records
(One of my favorite labels)

17 Likes

Checking in on day 157 sober from alcohol and nicotineā€¦ Spending the weekend in Frankenmuth MI with my husband and children, an Easter weekend tradition of ours for yearsā€¦ Of course there was always heavy drinking tied in with this weekend, last year was particularly badā€¦ Tried fighting a group of guys in our hotelā€™s pool area cause in my deranged drunk mind I thought they were pedoā€™s trying to hit on my young daughter, was close to black out drunk and decided to sneak out and drive to the store for cigarettes and took out some rope barricades in the parking lot, scared my husband and kids to death, etc. Lucky my stupid ass didnā€™t hurt myself or anyone else. When we first got here the cravings hit me hard, despite my months of sobriety and not having much desire to drink at all. Just thinking of my behavior from last year makes me cringe so hard and keeps me from wanting to touch the stuff. The weekend may not be as ā€œfunā€ as years past, but Iā€™ll be calm and aware, and here for my kids! Thanks for reading. :blue_heart::peace_symbol:

24 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 671. I hope everybody has a good one!

22 Likes

Tylenol works wonders on fever and chills. Get well soon

3 Likes