Checking in daily to maintain focus #42

Hi Drew, Cauliflower wings? That doesn’t sound like it would work, cauliflower seems to be the Kale of the past. I also need to come up with an exercise routine, swapping out sweets for booze seems to be equal at the moment :grin:

3 Likes

Yeah, they were not terrible. I might try a different recipe next time. I know what you mean about swapping sweets for booze!

2 Likes

:first_quarter_moon_with_face: Evening Check In :first_quarter_moon_with_face:
Day 96
Feeling tired and irritable but grateful. I really appreciate you all! Every single one of you! I know I don’t always express my gratitude and I know I don’t always respond to everyone’s posts and what not… but man, I love you guys. I love how I can relate and get sooo much inspiration and tips and advice from u all. I get inspiration too from those who are new or returning. I learn from everyone! I just really feel SO blessed to be here :slight_smile: It really empowers me. Living where I do away from all my supports and family back home, I honestly probably wouldn’t be as clean and sober as I am today without you all. I feel such a connection to so many of you! I never feel alone with u all! If I didnt have TS, I know I would’ve felt like I was on this path by myself.
Hugs!

21 Likes

First sober Saturday in AGES :tada:

17 Likes

This is our daily check in @Chardwbu welcome to the forum!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

3 Likes

I could swear day 3 has more than 24 h in it :slight_smile:

In couple of hours i start day 4 . Day 3 has been an adventure.

Sometimes i feel like there is nothing to do but smile .

25 Likes

Oh i know exactly what you mean… Day 3 here :slight_smile: Freaking hard

4 Likes

#Day 1341 :seedling:
Day 8 no sugar
Irritated because of the pain. Days are boring. Just in my corner on the couch reading, surfing on my phone ore watch Netflix. Walked in our street yesterday. I can only walk slow like an old lady because of the pain. Stupid.
But I did it and I’m going to do it again today. Next saturday I have tickets for a concert. It was prosponed twice because of Covid.
And now I’m worried I can’t go :expressionless: I wanna go so bad, but then my body has to heal quick.

Picture frome the little alabaster statue I found at a triftshop a few weeks ago. It shows how I feel today :hugs:
My goal for today is to try to uplift my mood. How? By doing something different then I did the last few days. Think I’m going to work on my Lego statue. I’m building the statue of liberty :sweat_smile:

26 Likes

Checking in. Just attended an AA speaker mtg on zoom and loved it. This woman has like 12,000+ days, like 34 yrs, stopped in 1988. She told everyone you can do it too just stop drinking and grow old lol. Imma be honest for a minute, i was hoping for a sad sad story, one that would make me feel better about my bottom. I had never been to a speaker mtg before. But what i got, what i needed is, alcohol was working for these two speakers, until it just didnt. ALCOHOL WASNT WORKING FOR THEM ANYMORE. Her low wasnt a gory story but just a woman who had reached her limit, felt shame and abandoned by a drug that used to work but didnt any longer and she reached out for help. if you are still reading this post, just remember not to look for differences and compare but look for similarities. Sobriety isnt an answer to all your problems but going down the sober path sure does offer alot of growth opportunities. I feel energized, i feel joyful, finding this forum and the aa groups makes me feel like im not isolated in my addiction. I am admitting i cant just stop at one. My life has become unmanageable, i want to grow. I want this joy and clarity. Sweet dreams sweet peas

25 Likes

Well done @Milo1!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

2 Likes

Day #101 was really good! Good to see you in the forums. @Rockstar24777

8 Likes

Congrats on three days! Those first days are really tough. @Milo1

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing that. Good nite

2 Likes

How uplifting that can be isn’t it! I also like to listen to inspirational persons most of the time trough a podcast while I’m walking.
Picking out the cherries they leave in the interview for me to pick and integrate in my new sober life. Recovery is healing and growing at the same time! :heavy_heart_exclamation::seedling:
And you sure are doing so! :facepunch:
Sweet dreams!

8 Likes

Coffee. Beautiful morning. Not going for a long bike ride, I did that yesterday. But might go to a shopping centre on the edge of town and buy some stuff. For my bike mainly. Spend some of the money I didn’t throw away boozing, drugging and smoking. Feeling good. Sober and clean.

Have as good a Sunday as you all can friends. Make it clean and sober or nothing will come of it. Love from the polder.

@Cjp That’s all there is to it really CJP. Great share. Thanks.

24 Likes

Day 25 was a great day! First off got to go see 311 last night with my wife. I’m super happy to have made it without a drink! First show I have ever been to with drinking. Came home from the show and coached my 4 year Olds t ball game today. I’m feeling great and grateful that I can do fun shit without getting hammered. That’s all I got for now, hope everyone has a great sober weekend!

22 Likes

You know you’re almost normal when people write books about your combined issues…

Haven’t been able to read up here for a couple of days, so missed over 250 posts… apologies. Not catching up on 'm though, with 53 hours away from a 1st date nerves are requesting my time and attention :joy:

23 Likes

Checking in…

Big shout out to everyone doing their sober thing…this wouldn’t have been possible without you all shining to light the way, much love :heart:

32 Likes

Hi Michael,

I had the same problems after hiking. If you unlucky, you will lose a part of your nail. But it isn’t tragic.:wink:

3 Likes

Huge congrats Fran! Forever in your footsteps Lady! Great to see you, great to see your milestone. Love and hugs.

5 Likes